JS is cancer

>let's take a look at javascript patterns for [current year]
>[current trend].io is a minimal ([size]kb!) module based loader bundling task manager dependency entry system automator
JS is absolutely unbearable nowadays. front-end shitheads literally spend hours setting up their projects only to make to-do lists and mix HTML in their JS

>front-end shitheads literally spend hours setting up their projects only to make to-do lists and mix HTML in their JS

$ npm install -g create-react-app
$ create-react-app penis
$ npm run build

>npm

Not an argument.

>Tfw forced to use a million JS packages at work
True suffering

>mfw my hipster coworker convinced my boss we need to do react after we just switched to angular 2 years ago.

We lost 4 months getting it all set up

$ create-react-app jsfagots
$ du -ch
110M Total

JS is awesome!

I hope you're not being serious.

> Sup Forums is full of virgins who cant code tht never respond to actual programming questions that are not fizzbuzz and make fun of js in order to fit

Prove me wrong

To be fair React is the future™

You're correct but JavaScript is also a terrible language.

It was literally designed in 2 weeks. There's almost no rhyme or reason to the syntax, you constantly have the ability to create undefined behavior, it decides willy nilly what constitutes an "error" but regardless will make every following line of code not work and it's so abhorrently verbose that most everyone just uses a total re-do of the language that boils down 10 letter words into a single symbol.

It's basically a monument to creating things before you know what to do with them. People have been as versatile as they can by creating tools that make up for its inadequacies because they need to and it's the equivalent of finding new and innovative ways to build automobiles out of Lego.

And yet the language beat Java and Flash and many others at the web browser game.

It's definitely got a lot of shitty aspects, but as long as you take the time to learn the language, ignore hype from the ADHD.js community, and practice discipline when you code, it's pretty awesome.

The "written in 10 days" thing isn't a bad thing in my book. It means that the language is, at it's core, stupidly simple. The type system is garbage, but the higher order functions, builtin event loop, simple/flexible object structure, and prototypical inheritance make for a really fun time in my book. I like building crazy shit out of legos. It's not for everyone, but a lot of people like it.

>immutable strings

defend this

no

>building frameworks and entire applications in a language designed so script kiddies could do simple shit with an HTML page

Basically this

The thing is though that Java and Flash forced you to install layers on top of your browser where the content within them wasn't well integrated with the website itself thus leading to the text and images not being indexed by searh engines.

I think the ideal was that HTML had improved so much with version 5 that one day you would no longer need plugins, except not really because there's still crap that HTML itself can't do so you need crap like JavaScript on top of it.

WebAssembly is coming soon™

Hopefully it catches on, i'd love to do some web dev in my prefered language because there's literally no chance of me ever wasting my time with JS.

>beat Java and Flash

yeah good job

Is that Rich from ReviewTechUSA?

Reminder that React Fiber is GOAT and Facebook is a benevolent company.

Really all GUI frameworks should work by principles similar to React. Well, maybe they soon will with React Native, as crazy as that is.

React is a good but nothing new.

fuck that shit though, sounds awful

every web site will eventually be a whole OS and the browser will have to support this, it will never fucking end

it will be a hell 10x worse than what we have now and ad-blocking will be a thing of the past

the technology is all in place right now with kaby lake

js is verbose? java and c++ are what then?

the thing with web browser games is that js is native while java and flash aren`t, like said. also agree with you about the html thing, there was a lot of improved in HTML5 but i think it'll always require some plugin to extend its capabilities.

>Facebook is a benevolent company.
It is a terror organization that aims to kill humans by destroying freedom of thought.
Facebook never can and never will do something for the benefit of others.
The internet is garbage now and it is mostly because of companies like facebook.

JS is horrible because of the language.

Small, testable modules should be what everyone aims for in all forms.

You would put cd and ls into the same executable wouldn't you?

is this real

i knew JS was bad, but...