spill your Sup Forumsuts!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=87zGcb6fF1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FkI84ZWjARA&t=155s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it hurts

you better have not bought that 6800k after ryzen came out

>ryzen
the cpu is about 9 months old. ill never buy amd again. i prefer to spend a little extra to get better performance.

I put my shit in a rackmount case.

Still debating replacing a fan with a different color.

what are ur speccs bro?

maybe something with some leds?

gorgeous, post specs ?/10

Skylake i5 @ 4.2 (I bought it last summer before Ryzen was a thing), 32GB RAM, the same pair of 680s I've used since 2011. One 128GB SSD, one 2TB HDD.

I guess I should stop being lazy and go edit a speccy into that image at some point

2x 1080 FEs, 6800k, Gigabyte x99 Designare, 64gb Ddr4

nice, id say 7/10, color is a bit weird to me. that beam right in the middle, and getting a little dated. but other than night, nice cable management considering the case.

ditto.

fucking noctua

very nice, 9.9/10. total custom loop, color match, god tier cable mangement, nice case. not 10/10 just because im jelly

yeh. i can replace it with this tho

what shit case is that?

trips don't lie, thx m8

forgot pic

Needs more Storage for my Chinese Cartoons.

dat fucking gpu. nice cable management bro tight/10

I can dig the cable management

That a NF-A9x14 cooling a 7700k? Does it ramp up to full speed? I have one in my Ncase and shit is loud as fuck unless I use a low noise adapter. It's why I'm still wary of getting anything smaller than an Ncase.

thanks man.

the beam is some kind of cross-brace. idk if it's strictly needed but it came with the case and it gave me something to tie cables to. I should sleeve the fan cables at some point when I have it open again.

rackmounting all my shit sure made my desk a lot neater but none of the cases have the Nice Things that desktop enthusiast cases have these days.

haha fair enough

Quiet as can be.

>better performance [than Ryzen]
>6800k

Enjoy getting memed out of your money you retarded goy.

>choking your gpu

ew

Never goes above 55C, fans stay on low if they even turn on/

like many things in life, I have found through experience, that intel cpus perform better and are more reliable. Im sure ryzen architecture is great. but i will not be switching anytime soon.

So anecdotal evidence then.

what case muh user?

its personal preference dude. Im not saying there isnt faster cpus out there, i just prefer intel/nvidia performance. they give me less issues than when i was all amd

god tier cable management

The goodest of goys. Brand loyalty is for retards, and you user, are one.
Always buy the best for the price, no matter the brand. If you dismiss one brand regardless of their offer because of emotions or feelings, you're legit stupid.

replace the fan

>brand loyalty
thats why i switched in the first place, because i was unhappy with amd. money wasnt the issue, it was performance. I was not happy with the issues so i tried something else. u dont need to insult me for liking another brand.

Looks like the corsair 460x

i buy intel bcuz not amd

man, how many times do i have to say it, i use to buy everything amd. My brother bought amd cuz it was cheap. it worked fine for awhile. i got older, it kept giving me problems. my friends recommended intel. my next build involved a mix of amd gpus and intel cpus. was a good time, except i still had issues. went intel/nvidia, very rarely do i have software or hardware issues. just a fact, in my experience, amd has caused me problems.

Can you detail your led setup? It's the exact color scheme I want

Crammed

That hurt my head trying to read.

i dont know what else to say, sorry.

No Fucking Clue

no bullying please

also i will wait till vega is out if there will be sub 400$ vega model i will get one if not by by amd i will buy gtx 1070

is the maker 5t that much better than the make 5?

its in plain zelman z3 case

tempered glass bro

can we see the rest

well, the tempered glass can be bought for the maker 5, I was talking more about other features like fan/radiator mounting points, good clearance so you can mess around inside the hardware without the need for baby sized hands, etc

not a bad case, cant really judge without seeing how its together. ?/10

idk how it compares to the regular maker 5, but the 5t has plenty of space and has great cable management. Theres a channel on the back to route cables through, and plenty of tie down spots. I have a 280mm rad in the top and there is space left over.

if these weren't so expensive where I live i'd buy one in a heartbeat

what are you connecting on those frontal usb ports?

>can we see the rest
I'm gonna get bullied for this, but okay.

Pictured:
>chink shit rack
>shelf with wireless access point, modem, some battery chargers and stuff
>gigabit switch
>PDU
>pfSense router (dual-core Pentium on an ITX board I had sitting around, dual-port Intel NIC, generic 2U case)
>empty space
>desktop machine from previous picture, with door open
>home server (i7 930, 24GB, 12-drive ZFS array, ~16TB usable)
>in background: clutter from some shit I ordered

Future plans:
>cover the blank spaces and side with black cardboard, get some stickers/photos/posters to put on it to brighten up my dull, depressing room and life
>get a drawer or two to put in the back
>if the power company acts this summer like it did last summer, get a UPS
>maybe build some RPi cluster thing like Sysadmin did, that always looked like a fun project. I could run BOINC on it or something

Yes, in a strict sense this is stupid and I don't need to have my shit in a rack. But it was fun and it is easier to keep my cabling organized than it was when I had all "conventional" stuff.

12 core Xeon and a GTX 690

what do u use the 12 cores for, just curious

Running VMs, servers, doing development, and playing games all at the same time. I always feel guilty because despite all that I rarely use it to even half its full capacity. It cheap though

interesting. does that cpu have hyperthreading too?

Recently moved over to ryzen. 1700/gigabyte X370 aurous K5. Kind of regretting the motherboard. It has me relying on voltage offsets rather than being able to manually set a voltage. I can set the voltage for +0.300mv, but then I still don't have LLC of any kind, so I'm at there Mercy of the VRMs and praying it doesn't decide to Voltage boost to Oblivion on boot.

Prime95 testing it right now and with the stock cooler, it's only hitting 62C under a blend torture. Voltage doesn't even peak at anything more than 1.075v too.

I think this is the first build I will not OC on. This is my first build I EVER dint feel the need to tinker to get what I want. My skylake build needed a delid and undervolted setup to be viable in the long term. (Which is why it's gone now).Even only 3.2ghz it puts up 60+ fps in games at 1440p. Only a tiny bit slower than the 20 thread i7-6950X too in multithreading.

tfw on 5.0 on 4690k and never looking back 24/7 stable and like 30c temps under full load

It's not the brand, the 6800k gets curbstomped by cheaper ryzen CPUs, that's what everyone is getting at

:^)

>30C under load
>Haswell i5 clocked to 5.0ghz
>30C
Yea nah. Unless you're running a sub ambient cooling setup 24/7, that's not happening. I helped a buddy OC his 4690k. Even underwater it hits 70C on prime95 loads at 4.7ghz.

I know board is overkill but I got it for $80 NIB after my p8p67 died.

6600k @ 4.8
16gigs 2666
z170a m7
1070 SLi
Lian Li V33 custom acrylic side windows vs the dumb mesh they came with

>water
>thinks he knows things
ok kiddo

NEW GUTS
this case is amazing, performance is fantastic and noise has never been better. Cant wait to put a ryzen rig in this bad boy
sorry about bad picture quality, moto Sup Forums is a shit
other 2 pci-e cards are a second nic and a tv tuner
>one day
Also, bringing back the r8/h8
its like you wanted to build a razer dekstop, but clean and well done if not le gay man shit
why rackmount? is this mounted in a rack away from you? or just near you? i dig it
nice, well done for the small case. dont listen to the people hating it's cool to see unusual and a typical builds in here for once. If you switch the fan get a different riser for the pci-e slot, they almost match as is
solid build, a little busy with the ram heatsinks in there and i simultaneously respect/think you're retarded for that decision. Also do those fittings under the gpu go to an nvme drive? christ man.
take another picture from further away i cant really tell whats going on here, looks well managed for small case though
>cable management has ascended past human comprehension
nice with the drives, i would consider a nas my man, store even more chinese cartoons. solid build clean as fuck
>we have the same motherboard
>my nigga
nice cpu cooler, the non matching ssd triggers me, why is half of your gpu starving for air? should have gone with reference for this one buddy. other than that nice and clean, seems solid
if you could clean up the clutter above the gpu this would be a nice build, as it stands now it looks a lot more cluttered than it is. part of that is your camera though, i know those problems
is that the cryorig aio? i personally dont like all of the led but you do you man. the hdd in the middle of the case as opposed to the top bothers me
will continue rating hating and appreciating in next post

nice, lots of power in a little rig. That motherboard is really neat for what it is, xeon is a good match. Why the 690? just no reason to change? I feel like a 1080 would offer similar performance at this point
I want to like it and say good but it's hard to really tell whats going on, i dunno man
for 80 bucks? thats a steal man nice pick. great job on cable management as well, especially with an older non modular. i like the usb 3.0 on the back, but that fan cable crossing over is driving me nuts, love the older case though
nice, although those gpu cables need attention
>evga houesfire cards
>msi sli bridge
thats a problem though, not so much the housefire as the fact that seeing the msi badge on those evga cards is messing with me

not much to see, fuckhuge psu is taking up half the case's volume while the other half is cables. Wouldn't be doable without an AIO

didnt even see the aio, thats fucking tight, but you made it work, good job dude

barely managed to fit a 290 in after removing the outer shroud. Maxes out at 80c under load, but that's with fans at 50%. Not unbearable.

Damn! thats what it's about. i love seeing people take hardware and make it fit their needs, great use and great build, keep it up man thats awesome

the only razer product i own is a headset, i went green because of the gpus/sli bridge.

its a corsair 570x

my cpu is currently at 4.4 ghz. at 100% i get temps in the low 80s, i bet i could get non-lava like temps at 4.8 but i dont feel like thats necessary. im sure the ryzen cpus are great, but im fine with intel for now.

little powerhouse
looks good, is the pic rotated or is it a top i/o case?
>Cant wait to put a ryzen rig in this bad boy
waiting for zen+ and going to retire mine to kid duty, should be kickass minecraft setup.
Don't feel bad, my 390x runs at 80-85c@ 1100mhz with a 140mm blowing right on it and ~200cfm max case flow. Keeps the windows defrosted. Looks like it's part of the case stuffed in there like that. You might get better performance with std fans strapped to the hs
>i like the usb 3.0 on the back, but that fan cable crossing over is driving me nuts, love the older case though.
Thanks, same box since 2011.
The rear is usb2. Pc is tucked away, reaching the i/o blind with the rog connect and cmos reset buttons can be tricky. Cable running between the hsf and gpu is for front usb3 add on. Stupid placement of header. Only other option is to get an extension and run it through the back and down over the i/o,
>I don't need any of the fancy features.How about 80 sheckles and I pick it up right now goyim?

>he got cucked into buying intel
good goyim

>Watercooled soundcard
wew

*house burns down*

>pic rotated or top io
It's top io, part of the layout. Even before the whole heat convection meme the airflow is Fucking nuts, cooling is incredible. The rotate Mobo 90 degrees get better performance is no meme

Does thisake you angry Sup Forums?

>eating dinner
>watching tv show on pc
>fans suddenly rev up to max
"Hmm, probably just chrome doing someth-"
>BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
>panic
>check temps
>cpu 100c

Turns out the cpu fan slot on the mobo died, so my AIO cooler pump didn't spin.

Cpufan slot 2 works but I can't control the voltage(speed) so it's on full speed, loud as fuck right now.

Hopefully I can get a new mobo through warranty.

can you do duty cycle on pwr_fan?

>Does thisake you angry
>this sake
youtube.com/watch?v=87zGcb6fF1Q

You mean controlling the voltage on that slot?

I did set it up but nothing happened.

So I'm not sure if it's simply not possible of it something else is broken. Doubt it broken since it's actually spinning though.

Or what did you mean? Never heard of the term duty cycle before, don't laugh at me!

enjoy your microstutters :^)

yeah, my board has 10% increments up to 90% and an ignore setting.

I can set it to react on a certain temperature with a certain speed in percentage.
But it just won't respond to this second cpufan slot, which I'm guessing is just a fan power slot.

It's not gonna be an issue anyway as long as I get a new one through warranty.

The only period when AMD was ahead of Intel was when the Pentium 4 and D were new. Think about that.

youtube.com/watch?v=FkI84ZWjARA&t=155s

>$219 cpu

>80 degrees is fine

every fucking time. Even Paul's Hardware says that 90C is fine for his monthly build with Intel 7700K what the fuck.

Meanwhile, the same fucking people say that Ryzen run hot at 70C KEK

pardon the shitty phone picture, couldn't be bothered grabbing my camera.

I think I have the most housefire PC here

Did you also get jewed by Cooler Master? I paid €7 for shipping of the AM4 bracket but it can only be mounted horizontally, something which was not in the description on their website.