/sqt/

Stupid Questions Thread
Thread for questions that shouldn't have their own thread because you're not worth a damn to anyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6KFz9WRRNpk
fontlibrary.org/en/font/fantasque-sans-mono
ebay.com/itm/IO-Crest-PCIex1-Interface-Version-1-0-4-Port-Internal-SATA-6Gbps-Controller-Card-/112350671749
solarmoviez.to/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

'df':
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
poolz1 7.7T 3.0T 4.7T 39% /Storage
versus 'zpool list':
NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE EXPANDSZ FRAG CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT
poolz1 10.9T 4.08T 6.79T - 23% 37% 1.00x ONLINE -
Which one is correct? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

What's better, Hardware or Software Encoding for video capturing/editing?

i made my own thread but also help me here:
Can't SSH from windows machine connected to local network via ethernet to a raspberry pi 3 connected to via wifi to local network.

I have run tracert in cmd yielding "request timed out."

I have successfully ssh'd to the raspberry pi using juiceSSH on my android phone which is connected via wifi.

I'm trying to SSH using Putty. I am 100% certain I'm doing SSH, correct IP correct Port. I matched everything I did on my phone, and it is just not connecting.

These days whenever i try to click on something i either undershoot it or overshoot it, as though the screen were covered in excess of grease. Is my mouse not good or are my motor controls degrading?

I got a stupid question and I'll probably get a stupid answer:

Why, after all these years, do you still come to Sup Forums? This site is disgusting and all the good people left. Not even saying go to fu||chan but seriously, why do you use this site still? It should be pretty obvious something is up when you have a site-wide wordfilter marking the true names of things as spam.

youtube.com/watch?v=6KFz9WRRNpk

habit

The community.

I used mainly for sadpanda threads but a mod banned them since he is forcing that h-manga is not manga.

Talk radio and imageboards are all I have. Social media is a charade and I prefer to focus on family in my down time than dumb highschool/college friends still trying to get their act together.

There are other chans. In fact, people outside this site have noticed that Chans are having an emergence like early websites did. There are now several hundred chans in existance.

What's the difference between a template and an object?

Because there's nowhere else to go. This is my home, or was. Even after years of it being burned to the ground by people people on the block, landlord ditching the place and a new shady landlord taking place, I just can't find a place that I can call home. There's still some glimmer of hope every now and then, but the 99% of utter shit and cancer now just makes it not worth coming here anymore.
This shanty house that housed rejects was burned down and has been rebuilt into a mental ward with actual retards smearing shit and screaming everywhere. It's no longer Home, just a "house" to hide from the recent flooding in the internet, but even then the flood still leaks in.

>See you, space cowboy.

see
I was kinda amazed to talk to a person on IRC who still uses this site and he never even heard of anything else nor the exodus

They are all slow. You can post once and come back in a month and your post is the latest

can you explain in more detail just what exactly is connected where?

your computer is connected via ethernet to the router, which has wireless access point that the rpi is connected to?

can you even ping your phone (on the wifi) from the ethernet connected machine?

Like I said, still no new place to call home. A good majority of chans like 7chan are slow/dead as fuck, at that point I might as well fuck off the internet and continue back on the right track for my life.

Don't want to shill for it but essentailly everyone went to Fu||chan and then went to various sites spun off from Fu||chan. Nothing spun off from here is worth anything anymore.

am i doin it right?

C:\XXX\tracert> 'ip here'

?

Filename, how important are timings?

I'm really trying to help you but you just keep saying weird shit
just answer the question

what i'm trying to figure out is if your computer and raspberry pi are even on the same network.

what are the ip addresses of your devices?

also...

PC is connected to router via ethernet. the router has wifi that the rpi is connected to.

also no... i cant ping my phone from my PC.

but i can ping my phone from my raspberry pi... no shit i guess since ssh is working between those two devices.

fujichan got destroyed by Sup Forumstards I have no idea where everyone else went after that. Fujichan really does have higher quality users and lamechan has some pretty good cyberpunk A S T H E T I C

What's the best open source weather application for Android

i keep saying weird shit because networking is foreign to me sorry.

The phone, pi, and PC are all on same router, even though pi and phone are connected via wifi while the PC is connected via ethernet.

my ip address for my pc: 192.168.0.1
ip for raspberry pi: 192.168.1.2
ip for phone 192.168.1.3

your router may have separate subnets in the the 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x ranges
not sure what to do from here you'll have to check your router settings

so my PC is connected via ethernet to an ISP provided router (or is it modem fuck), and that router is connected to a netgear wifi device. the pi and phone connect to the netgear device and the PC connect to the ISP device.

heres a diagram if that was confusing.

does the netgear device have ethernet ports?
if it does then use that and just leave the isp provided modem/router combo as a modem only

otherwise you'd need to change some kind of setting on the netgear device to act as a bridge for the modem/router

what's happening is your netgear device has a network all it's own. it is giving out ip addresses in the 192.168.1.x range, and all these devices use the netgear as the default gateway.

your ISP provided modem/router has it's own network on 192.168.0.x and the default gateway is the modem/router.

both of your devices are giving out ip addresses... the netgear device just thinks that the modem/router it's connected to is the internet at large and it doesn't want your devices available to that

Just got Sup Forums X with USI on Firefox Android for nighttime browsing. How do I stop automatic updates for it?

if you can't change your setup you may be able to use port forwarding settings in the netgear device.

OH SHIT. thank you so much. I honestly completely forgot that the ISP modem/router was still in use since i thought the netgear router could take the coaxial.

I've been at this for days.

it's a raidz1 pool, right?

i'm guessing it's 4*3TB
a 3TB hdd is ~2.73T (TiB)
4*2.73T = 10.9T, this is the raw size of the pool, before anything is taken away by any RAID you're using
raidz1/raid5 allocates one disk worth of space for parity, striped across all disks
since parity is not "data", as far as the OS or applications are concerned, it's not counted by df, which is only concerned about user-usable space
the usable space is therefore 3*3TB, or ~8.19T
this isn't the 7.7T listed in df, my guess is that is a partition which doesn't fill the whole raid volume

tl;dr they're both correct, just looking at different perspectives

Is this true?

Yeah.

that picture certainly isn't, because my country is off the edge/not pictured

man, those clouds are FUCKING HUGE

i also like how the moon is spherical, despite being easier to assume is flat because we never see it spin from earths' surface

Your country doesn't matter. You shouldn't have resisted the crusades or colonialization.

Should I just get a 480 for my 1080p HTPC or just get a 580? How much less will the 480 be??

but user, i'm not part of the original natives of this country

so the rx 580 isnt much of an upgrade from the 480 right?

No, it's absolutely fucking retarded

No it isn't but its supposedly run 1440p easily.

Does anyone know how to modify shared object files of an Android APK to drop info that's passed through it?

Right now I have some .so files from an Android app after decompiling it. I looked it over in IDA Pro, but I haven't into Assembly so it likes like chinese to me. But I do see that there are some functions for data.

I'm interested in adding some clause to make an SQL function drop whatever string/key that's passed through it, but its in Assembly so I don't know how to do that exactly.

Any way to convert the .so files to a higher level language like C or C++.

Also, if anyone is a l33t haxxor, please direct me to some resource about modifying APKs.

I personally want access to an App's database so I can figure out what URLs I can use to webscrape.

The URLs I've found through packet traces require instance data that I can't replicate, so I can't scrape in game data.

Getting a new laptop soon, want something recent and top-shelf. Looking at:
Thinkpad X1C/Y
XPS 15
Yoga 720/900s
SP4 (or possibly 5)
Vaio Z Canvas (very iffy about this one since it has ass for battery life and the hinge design would probably bounce when drawing on it)

Will be used mainly for PS/CSP and Sketchup
Am a huge drawfag so I value display quality a lot

Which should I go with? Otherwise, what should I consider?

Upgrade? Yes, it will be more efficient.
More powerful? barely.

XPS 15.
Surface.

XPS 15 because of its display.

Should I sit like this?

are you a video game character?

Nah, I'm just a huge weeb

why the fuck won't microsoft fix gears of war 4 for the pc

Assuming you're using windows, make sure this is unchecked

>Shadow Warrior 2

Gud taste mah nigga

Did you pay for it already?

I'm really new at coding or whatever, but I'm trying to make a custom css for a page but I want to change the font, all of them if possible. I'm using Stylish on firefox to do that but I don't know how to do that other than making a local server or whatever to allocate there the font. Is that ok? Should I try something different? Also, the font is fontlibrary.org/en/font/fantasque-sans-mono

pointer accelleration a shit
sounds nice in theory, you move the mouse faster, and it moves further
but it's just an annoyance if you're used to mice, just another thing to account for

What is your anti-malware program of choice for windows? I want something that'll let me quickly scan my dubiously downloaded games and whatnot from a context menu option. I used to use malware bytes for this, but it seems to have become rather bloated.

How do I get webm files to render a thumbnail?

malware bytes

What's the best open source weather application for Android

Icaros.

ffmpeg -ss 3 -i input.webm -vf "select=gt(scene\,0.4)" -frames:v 5 -vsync vfr fps=fps=1/600 out%02d.jpg

>What is your anti-malware program of choice for windows?
ClamAV.

Can I recreate my old work email address that currently no longer exists?
I need it to retrieve a password for a google account.

Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.

moot pls, we won't take you back

not without access to the mail server, or the domain if it's for sale

Alright, if I can figure out how to disable it from automatically engaging the premium trial, I might install it again.

Your router seperates Ethernet and wireless. Find an option to join the network.

You can disable the premium trail you know.
Also the features that comes with it are actually useful, still the announcements are annoying.

Still it is the less bloated AV there is around, yes, others are that bad.

Is there a search engine that ignores robots.txt?

I'm losing my fucking mind here Sup Forums. What is a good hevc encoder? I'm trying to use handbrake but it fucking crashes every god damn time around the 75-85% mark and all the faggot websites I check keep suggesting paid shit and the archive is filled with nothing but old arguments about whether x265 is even good.

I don't even care about removing malware, I just want to scan the files I download before I run them.

when it doubt ffmpeg

Yes but I'm retarded and can't do CLI. Surely there is one application or program somewhere that can competently do the same job and has a GUI.

What is gender dysphoria?
Is it weak minded people that believe the grass is greener on the other side? Is that why it's overwhelmingly men that turn into women and not vice versa?

Feeling that your body is the wrong gender
Possibly related to whatever the reason why males are 4 times more likely to have autism

What is a good cheap 4 port pci-e x1 to sata controller compatible with linux/freebsd?

I was thinking about this
ebay.com/itm/IO-Crest-PCIex1-Interface-Version-1-0-4-Port-Internal-SATA-6Gbps-Controller-Card-/112350671749

Im installing a GPU into my new build.

I already have the ram and cpu overclocked, because why not.

Will having the Ram and CPU overclocked make it more difficult to install the GPU?

Yeah, you got to tie them down to get in there and not be thrown off.

If the ram is too hot from overclocking you might burn your fingers if you accidentally bump the sticks while slotting the gpu in.

How do I force update Windows. I'm stuck on a 11xx version. Tried to restart the update services, trouble shoot, upgrade assistant

How do I know if my NIC card is fucked? My download speed is fine but my upload is functioning at less than 10% of usual for the last few days. After testing other devices both wireless and wired on the same network, it's clear that only this device is having issues. It's definitely an issue specifically with the computer.

if H.265 can compress a video by 50% without quality loss, can the same magic be applied to pictures? (JPG and PNG)

What's a good hypothesis for an argumentative essay on the topic of computer privacy?

Something relating to service providers (Google, social media, etc...) infringing on privacy

No joke, shit is fucked and I can't figure out why. It should be at least 3Mbps.

It's been a while since I've needed to so I'm out of the loop. Where's the best place to stream movies and TV shows? Is Popcorn Time (or a fork) back up?

>inb4 torrenting
I want a currently airing season of a show and cba to download episode by episode

Lots of XPS fans on this board, been considering getting the 2016 model off of eBay
SP4 has a shit digitizer, tried it out at a store and couldn't stand it
I find Lenovo to be super fishy after the incidents last year but the Yoga line is still very attractive

solarmoviez.to/
Like this? I give this out to all of my normie friends so they don't ask me for things.

XPS 15 is really good.

XPS 13 not so much but still werks.

How much is the RX 550 in the US?

You know, if you cock your head to one side just at the right angle, the OP image actually looks like a sharpshooter in a prone firing position wearing a flat hat staring down the sights of his weapon.

Seriously, it does.

What's the best way to wipe a hard drive clean? I'm going to sell a laptop and I don't want the information to be retrievable.

I got an old laptop and it's kinda wearing out.
I don't have much money but I have seen a Dell Precision M4700 with i7 3840qm + firepro m4000, is it better than my current i5 2410m + gt555m?

Need to make new forms pop up in VB with new names in numbers. How do I rename forms when summonsing them with a click event? The book I'm looking at doesn't seem to mention it.

Obviously the processor is only one generation newer, but it's an upgrade from 2/4 threads to 4/8, and it's clock/boost clock is much higher, so it is more capable. The graphic card is moderately stronger but it's built for productivity, so in games it's hard to say which one would do better. I like to upgrade at least 2 geneations at a time to get the most bang for my buck, but if you're not worried about battery life this might be worth it.

DBAN

No more easter candy for annon.