>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdfans.cn/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils
originative.co/products/saber-68
aliexpress.com/item/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/32799680240.html
kbdfans.cn/collections/frontpage/products/kbd75-keyboard-set
aliexpress.com/store/product/Topre-to-MX-adapter-Topre-change-into-MX-switch/2230037_32748140639.htm
aliexpress.com/store/product/cherry-profile-keycaps-side-printed-red-esc-white-and-red-for-usb-wried-machanical-gaming-keyboard/2230037_32801848964.htmll
matt3o.com/about-mt3-profile-and-devtty-set/
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fc660c or HHKB Type s?

Where can I buy a TADA68 with gateron browns? Sold out everywhere

taobao /item/537653557670.htm
kbdfans.cn/products/tada68-mechanical-keyboard-gateron-swtich-65-layout-dye-sub-keycaps-cherry-profils
originative.co/products/saber-68

HHKB if you want BT capability right now
660 if you can wait for BT or don't care about wireless

also
>post your mega clack super keyboard of infinite destruction
>are you a virgin

You mean blues?

that's a render

the modifiers are a bit too autismal for me. how about just the rgb modifiers on ctrl+alt+shift

why is the 660c superior to the hhkb?

Because it's a much better layout that doesn't force you to go full autism with memorising multiple layers of shortcuts to reach full functionality, and only slightly bigger.

Ordered the Plum 84 last night, hopefully these topre clones are worth it

How much

$97.68 USD

one of downsides is the 5.5u spacebar

stay mad jelly

>shitty skin
>shitty hair
>weird-ass clothes
>meme keyboard

This might not be you, but I still ponder why would someone take such a picture, other than for comedic/ironic purposes

Link

they're gone

the blog posts are gone too. the blog post with had no text. the one with rainbow caps said it was just an experiment and you could request other color schemes for future runs.

aliexpress.com/item/double-shot-pbt-keycap-cherry-profile-rainbow-cap-for-mx-usb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-5-5/32799680240.html

blue>green>clears>everything>>membrane>browns

clicky switches are literal meme switches

>alps
>buckling spring
>below cherry
ok kid

>cherry

Ironic to assert than men only have the object in frame when many images in this thread are filled with guns, knives, or other meme shit.

You mean fags, not men.

tripfags, to be specific

I'm looking for a 75% board, so the function keys inline with the number keys like the Plum 84, Noppoo choc mini, etc but with ALL STANDARD keys and preferably fully programmable. If it's not fully programmable I at the very least need to be able to switch capslock and control. Cherry or clone blues

>implying you meant alps
>implying brown alps are below "membrane" or cherry switches
>implying membrane is a type of switch
>implying you are not a retard

HOly shit I just saw this kbdfans.cn/collections/frontpage/products/kbd75-keyboard-set
I want it so bad, my consumerfag impulses are firing at 200%. How bad is the price? It's fucking beautiful

What y'all think of Ducky? My friends recommenced them but looking for extra advice. I've been looking at the Ducky One. Is there there anything wrong with it?

but ausfag here, I'm looking for a keyboard thats
>Below 150 dollarydoos
>Doesnt have RGB
>subtle looking
>media controls

you forgot to call him a faggot over topre being below cherry
unless you put that in membrane :^)))))))))))

not bad but expensive for gaterons, but still, an overpriced gateron is vastly superior to overpriced cherry, also I don't see any other company providing a same aesthetic/fuctionality

I love my ducky, been using it for a few months now. One of my favorite things about it is that the keys feel soft and chalky for some max comfy.

Also paid 100 dollarydoos for it so it wasn't too expensive.

There's no such thing as a 75% with all standard keys unless you build it yourself, they all come with short right shifts and non-standard keys to the right of the spacebar to fit the arrow keys in.

Ducky is a solid 8/10 keyboard. I love mine and would heartily recommend it.

don't tell me you're

Cheers cunts

bae material / 10

You cunts probably missed the memo but YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BUY THE SMALLEST AVAILABLE KEYBOARD

F keys, arrows and numpads make you look like a fucking loser, tiny keyboards make you look cute and girls will want to fuck you.

How does Sup Forums feel about the unicomp

No I meant browns

fuck u

>unironically using that thing
>in 2017

>In 2017
>Filename says 2016

It's built better than literally any other keyboard out there, fully programmable, and weighs like 5KG. I'd choose it over any of my other boards.
Maybe you should buy one instead of thinking you've reached 'end game' because you own a hhkb or something.

Serious question, why do you care about weight? I've always wondered why Korean custom fags jack off over heavy keyboards so much but they won't tell me

It's a good indicator that the board is built like a tank.
My hhkb for example weighs very little and it'll make a slight creeking sound if you try to flex it where as my model m's or f's that weigh a lot more wont flex creek at all.

that's just because hhkb is a meme

It's not always accurate though, my RS68 is heavier than my WKL board because of its full metal case, but the build quality is lower and it has way more flex because of the thin plate and the PCB only being supported by a handful of spread out screw posts.

Can anyone ID this keyboard for me?

Yeh it depends on the internal construction as well but a solidly built case is a good start

Corsair k70 or the strafe

Call me autistic, but I use an aluminum case because I think the keyboard has a better sound overall. For me the weight doesn't really matter.

Shit. Avoid at all costs. Just get a used Model M or check if the group buy for the Model F reproduction keyboards is still going.

literally the same as a model m
model fs are better
lmao kys

Does this layout have a name? Want a keyboard with MX Speed (same as MX Silver right?) switches but it doesn't seem to exist.

where can i get topre PBT modifier keys in red?

>75%
>Programmable Layers
>CNC aluminum case
>Dye-sub PBT DSA Keycaps as stock
>Comes with optional RGBY modifiers
>Less then $150
So /mkg/ why haven't you bought one yet?

aliexpress.com/store/product/Topre-to-MX-adapter-Topre-change-into-MX-switch/2230037_32748140639.htm
aliexpress.com/store/product/cherry-profile-keycaps-side-printed-red-esc-white-and-red-for-usb-wried-machanical-gaming-keyboard/2230037_32801848964.htmll

>check if the group buy for the Model F reproduction keyboards is still going.

It is. Closes on the 30th, although he said he was going to close it months ago.

It's too rare to have a standard name. My coworker has that board and likes it a lot. I'd probably pick one up if it was fully programmable.

Your best bet is probably buying one, desoldering the stock and putting in the ones you want.

Looks pretty nice, but I'm happy with my Tada68, and I hate DSA profile.

meh

if someone wants to make a new 75% it should use as standard keys as possible. top row same as choc mini. 2x1.25u to the right of spacebar (or 2x1.5u or 3x1.0u options) and 1.25u right shift (1.75u option). this leaves a 0.5u gap at the arrow keys but it's ok. boom any keyset will fit especially with blanks or if you aren't too picky about the legends.

and the arrow keys can be centered in the gap so it's only a 0.25u gap on each side of the arrow keys

>gaps between keys
literally unusable

do nongamer mechanical keyboards even exist?
im not willing to pay for the "gamer" markup

a 0.25u gap is almost nothing. you have much wider gaps around the arrow keys on a tkl for example.

or like 0.25u next to the side arrows

Its not really new since the original race came out like 4 years ago, but its nice to see these keyboards becoming more affordable. $130 for this compared to the $300+ korean customs with similar build quality, plus It has a function row unlike the tada68.

and you could move the arrow keys down 0.25u if you want to make it look better from a design perspective like the arrow keys have their own sectioned off area like a shrunken tkl type design

You mean blues?

You need to be 18 or older to post here.

Get a MAGA hat

So is Elite Keyboards the only source for Realforce keyboards? I'm looking for a 87U 55g in white/gray.

>75%
I prefer 65%
>Programmable Layers
I'd rather have the kind of capability you see in customs, where you update firmware
>CNC aluminum case
Actually a detriment with portable boards, too heavy
>Dye-sub PBT DSA Keycaps as stock
No thanks, I like my keyboards to be actually functional, and a uniform profile is garbo for usability

You can go to microcenter since they also have realforce keyboards if you want to test them out in person. There is also ncix and a few other places.

Why are Topre boards so fucking expensive? I get the whole economy of scale thing, but they can't be that incredibly expensive to produce.

They are a Japanese product produced in limited supply. Also capacitive sensors are still expensive since the Chinese topre clones cost 80-100 bucks. Even back in the 2000s BTC dome and sliders cost that much.

I'm not even into keyboards but that looks pretty dope. How much is this?

~$170 + $40 for caps

>Also capacitive sensors are still expensive since the Chinese topre clones cost 80-100 bucks

Surely if they get more popular it's cheaper to produce than a mx clone? Less parts?

Check if they do first. My microcenter definitely does not carry topre.

I picked up my realforce on eBay, $175 for basically unused beige tkl 55g

No reason to pay extra for a new board.

Part of the cost is due to the design. The rubber sheet has to match the PCB, versus being able to produce a mass of switches which can be soldered on after the fact. So there is less flexibility/reusability of topre components vs MX.

I could envision a rapid price drop if the rubber sheet became somewhat standardized among different cases, but that's currently not the case.

What switches are good for office use? I am leaning towards browns or clears as blues can annoy the fuck outta my coworkers. Also anyone got any keyboard recommendations for 80-100% keyboard?

matt3o.com/about-mt3-profile-and-devtty-set/

Any cherry switch will annoy the fuck out of your coworkers, even linear like red/black.

Go topre or go home, it's the only acceptable choice for an office. Don't be that guy who gets a fuckload of attention for using "silent" brown switches that are still 10x as loud as the company issue keyboards.

All cherry switches are louder then traditional membrane keyboards. Either get a quiet mech like cherry silents if you prefer linears, or matias qc if you like tactile switches.

you sound like i am in a cubicle, but I am in a office with closed doors. I honestly don't even know if cherry blues will be heard, but I think it is a good idea to be a bit considerate.

1986 silver labels are the only good Model Ms, everything afterwards is cost-reduced and objectively inferior.

My 65g Zealios are no louder than my neighbours' OEM dome boards. This is because I don't hammer on my keys and barely bottom out. If I went all-out it would be quite loud.

I actually was a bit worried at first that it would be annoying for them, but even the oversensitive types near me don't notice a difference (or at least enough of one).

Then you should make enough that you can afford a topre.

Cherry blues are about twice as loud as a microsoft membrane keyboard that most offices use. Now if the doors are closed then it shouldn't be that much of an issue, but if you want to play it safe, you could get one of these
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=32&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on

>tfw you bring a buckling spring to work but nobody says shit because you carry the team and they know it

It's because they're too polite to say anything.

Don't kid yourself, those things are loud as fuck by comparison.

But the Model M is a cost reduced Model F

Thats not true since the silver labels are cost-reduced units of the original Model Ms from 1985

I am honestly offended by the notion that my coworkers are polite about this sort of thing. They most certainly vocalise all noise complaints.

But the Model F is just an inferior cousin to the beamspring keyboards