Name a language more difficult than C++

Name a language more difficult than C++

Other urls found in this thread:

esolangs.org/wiki/Ook!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSFuck
arstechnica.com/security/2016/02/ebay-has-no-plans-to-fix-severe-bug-that-allows-malware-distribution/
esolangs.org/wiki/Chef
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

brainfuck

If you ignore syntax it's pretty basic

Intel syntax assembler.

Haskell

Since OP is a vague motherfucker, we have to assume syntax is a factor

Chinese

Malbolge

Times new roman

Cobol

Chinese grammar is really easy and if you already know moon runes its EZPZ.

why would you be here if you dont know runes?

Rust
Assembly

chinese

chinese is easy you dont even have to conjugate for tense you just say

Fag Wednesday eat soy sauce.
Fag Tomorrow eat soy sauce.
Fag all last year eat soy sauce.

In French or Japanese there's 9+ ways to conjugate each of those sentences.

Chinese C++

fuck you cunt

Is it, though?

How hard can it be if you already know C and OOP?

What game?

Really hard.
More like more bloated than C++.

HolyC

Something still in dev

>one page spec
yeah no

>tedious/annoying = hard

Binary machine code, a.k.a the language that your computer speaks. Yes, no matter what partycular PC you have. Windows, Linux, Macintosh - they all speak in ones and zeros.

*AT&T syntax assembler
ftfy

This is the only right answer.

Operating systems don't change the CPU architecture or instruction set. Windows, Linux, and Macintosh only speak the same language if they are all running on the same architecture.

PHP. May seem easy and straightforward, but especially when you dig deep, you always notice something that doesn't act like you expect at all and version exclusive bugs.

Feel free to look at Symfony's source code to see some of the most insane workarounds you have to make to get the language to behave as you'd expect. ErrorHandler.php from the debug component is my favorite. I'd never be able to replicate this.

>let's require sigils on numbers and registers so that people can differentiate between their "eax" and "0" labels and the actual register and number!

AT&T assembly was designed by retards, for retards. Thank God ARM assembly basically removed sigils from their UAL syntax

Basically, sigils in assembly languages are retarded shit and I fucking rage every time I think about how AT&T syntax is the default in the GNU toolchain

Js

Unlambda

```s``s``sii`ki `k.*``s``s`ks ``s`k`s`ks``s``s`ks``s`k`s`kr``s`k`sikk `k``s`ksk

And piet, pic related.

nobody in here has mentioned Ook! yet?

esolangs.org/wiki/Ook!

hello world:
Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook! Ook? Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook? Ook! Ook! Ook? Ook! Ook? Ook.
Ook! Ook. Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook! Ook? Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook?
Ook! Ook! Ook? Ook! Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook! Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook! Ook. Ook! Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook! Ook. Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook! Ook? Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook? Ook! Ook! Ook? Ook! Ook? Ook. Ook! Ook.
Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook! Ook? Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook. Ook? Ook! Ook! Ook? Ook! Ook? Ook. Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook.
Ook? Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook! Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook. Ook.
Ook! Ook. Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook.
Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook! Ook!
Ook! Ook. Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook? Ook. Ook. Ook! Ook.

中文好簡單,你怎麼不來學

Nobody knows all of C++. They only know the bits they need to get their job done.

Ocaml

What game is that? Looks comfy.

How the fuck has someone not said C yet? It's literally the harder version of C++ and the most obvious answer.

Sup Forums Quest: The Venture into Deep Autism

Don't know what you're smoking but C is very simple compared to C++

Assembly

Sigils in in AT&T/GAS syntax allow the assembler to be less complex. It removes a layer of abstraction from Intel syntax.

mov eax, DWORD [rdi]
=
source operand determines instruction size

mov eax, 5
=
destination operand determines instruction size

movl $5, %eax
=
Developer specifies instruction size implicitly, can be converted to machine language in one pass

Not that any of this is relevant on modern 64 bit systems. But on some embedded systems all you have is a gas syntax assembler. It shouldn't be rage inducing because it's legacy syntax and it can easily be converted to Intel syntax.

grammar may be easy but nothing else about Chinese is

are you saying that things are tedious and annoying are easy?

this is the most retarded post of the day, congrats

>Traditional Chinese
you used translate for that, only old-ass Mao survivers who wouldn't be on this board use traditional

>tfw speaking both those languages
It's hell to learn but damn when you know how to use all that shit, it gets awesome

understand c++ type deduction alone is something nobody has mastered yet.

how is that a difficult language? its just a bf derivative, so nothing complicated.

C+=

Beeswax
Befunge
SNUSP

Object oriented COBOL

>C++ is just object oriented C
kill yourself

Dumbass traditional is used in Taiwan Hong Kong and Macau.

it is though

Common Lisp.

back in last century, yeah

c++ has grown into something entirely different

rvalue references and move semantics, automatic type deduction, templates, lambda expressions, operator overloading,...

it's just like C

c++ is easy.
but only if you dont care that much about writing portable, safe, efficient programs.

other languages are the same, except some might guarantee portability or safety to some degree.

Wut? Doesn't look crazy. Just gotta spend some time reading php documentation, then start plugging shit in.

The problem is that it allows terrible label names like "10" or "eax". Parsing "anything that begins with a digit" as a number has been done since forever, and would work just as efficiently as sigils.

>not writing your .exes directly in a hex editor

>.exe
disgusting

Immediate numbers without sigils are parsed as addresses or offsets

>Js
Underrated post.

Daily reminder that with just the six characters ( ) [ ] + and ! , you have a turing complete subset of Javascript which can execute arbitrary code.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSFuck

nice story bro

arstechnica.com/security/2016/02/ebay-has-no-plans-to-fix-severe-bug-that-allows-malware-distribution/

DELET

>If you ignore syntax
You mean the part that you have to actually work with?

WTF someone wrote a Jquery clone in JSfuck.

Yes, and this is completely unambiguous in almost every instruction, except maybe for some forms of jmp. Nasm handles numbers like that and it never leads to problems, because it defaults to the common (relative) offset and has a prefix you can use in the rare case you need an absolute jump

hot

C+++

Well it certainly has everything beat in needless complexity. Look at the AST of one of your projects that use the standard. It's brutal.

This guys job is to know everything and tell others bits of it. He doesn't even program anymore. He's detached from actual software development.
He does make for a very funny speaker though.

What's difficult about C++? It's just big, not difficult I think.
Haskell is difficult to write actually useful programs.

Haskell ain't hard. Everything is simple and coherent.

What is transcompiler?

assembly is not hard

just leave this here
esolangs.org/wiki/Chef

Objective C, having to use that to create GUI on Mac. Such an unbearable tedious piece of shit.

asm

it is

not

you just blew my mind, friend.

c+++++++++++++++++++++++

assembler

Rust

aarch64 assembly

t. armfag

Is that pic relevant? Is it a C++ game or something?
I'll ask a followup question: Name a language more useful than C++

Honestly, the "difficulty" is why I like it. When I started learning programming, I thought high level shit would be good for a beginner. I quickly realized that wouldn't work for me. Maybe I'm just some kind of autismo, but I couldn't stand to not know how things work under the hood.

While this may not be the only right answer as there are other languages that are harder than C++, this is certainly the best answer as I am not aware of any languages which are harder than Malbolge.

Brainfuck

MIPS
I
P
S

It's a simple language, but building larger programs in it is not necessarily easy, as C APIs aren't typically very good, and the conventions that different libraries and programmers use can be wildly different. Compare C's char* to std::string, for example. Concatenating two strings in C can be a pain, but in C++, std::string has overloaded operator+ to allow for easy string concatenation, if I remember correctly. It depends on what you're doing with C, and whatever metric you use to quantify how hard a language it. No doubt C is not hard to learn. It is, like C++, hard to master, and the language itself doesn't help you much.

coq

A lot of boilerplate and strange syntax left over from trying to be a strict superset of C.

Haskell, or any of those languages that emBRACE ((((((((((braces))))))))

I'm terribly thorry for you

God yes Haskell. Its like someone built a language that derives its syntax from mashing the mathematical symbols on a calculator.

Great for memeing on hackernews though, to help spread the pain.

Brainfuck has incredibly simple syntax. The problem is that the semantics are not conducive to general purpose programming.

Japanese