Have Europeans fallen for the avocado meme?

Have Europeans fallen for the avocado meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/avocado-producing-countries.html
novagrim.com/Pages/2000_2011_avocado_statistics_EN.aspx
seriousrankings.com/top-10-avocado-producing-countries/
top5ofanything.com/list/8bb62b79/Avocado-Producing-Countries
specialtyproduce.com/produce/Mexicola_Cocktail_Avocados_11327.php
ruralspin.com/2013/04/07/7-ways-to-use-eggshells-and-tips-you-need-to-know/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hate this mexican fruit

You don't talk shit about the avocado!

Los Avocados.

When you're from California this isnt a meme, my neighbors have trees dropping fruit.

>waiting patiently for a frenchie to make a lawyer joke

Did you know Asians and Austrians have avocados as well? They call them something else though.

What meme?

hey they're pretty good in salads
even tasty on bread with salt

Hugh... 100% yes.

>even tasty on bread with salt
THIS. Salt, pepper, garlic, lemon, mix inconsistently, spread.

(inb4 I'm supposed to eat it with sugar because of a flag. Fuck that.)

That they're awesome, should be put on everything, and are some sort of superfood.
They're mediocre at best, guacamole is bretty gud when there's enough salt and other stuff to actually give it flavor.

I fucking hate avocados holy shit.

The smell alone is enough to make me sick.

I've never heard that. I haven't eaten an avocado either.

cant be real

this

>Americans eat inferior mexican Avocado
>americans literally invented Hass and yet they eat inferior hass from mexico

We /ck/ now?

We have always had food threads. They are usually among the best threads here. Except Raw threads, those threads are pure racism, hate, people triggered by americans either eating really good or really really really bad

you should try it smashed with powdered milk and sugar

you are a disgrace

Just not a big fan of sweet avocado. People like you see it as a fruit, I see it more like vegetal lard.

Besides the hass avocado, we also grow this kind of big ass green avocado. Do you have access to this variety in your country?

This. It looks really tasty then you eat some and it's like biting into a stick of lard. I had it with a prawn cocktail once which worked ok, the sourness in the sauce cut through the fatty taste.

We have enough fatty food to go around though so avocado is a bit pointless in this country.

We only have black avocados here. Just like argentines.

Breakfast every morning for me is an avocado.

I split it, salt it, pepper it, toasted-sesame-oil-it, and then spoon it out.

I always mash avocados with some salt, olive oil and lemon and then eat it with crackers or bread.
God tier fruit.

It is good with crab flesh

Hawaiian ones are giant and delicious

nice

Is it normal to eat the avocado with the skin on? The Dominican people where I live just bite into the skin and it looks wrong.

you are shitting me

For real this guy just picked up the avocado and started eating it like it was an apple. I dunno if they do that on there island or what? I thought it was only a fruit for like, salads or guacamole not raw eating.

No fucking way. Though I know people that eat mango with the skin on, but I find it disgusting.

I've also heard about people preparing tangerine juice and they actually blend it with the peel. Too bitter for my taste 2bh and sometimes supermarkets wax them to make it look more appealing and that can't be healthy.

that's bizarre maybe avocados in DR are super think skinned or something.

I eat them with the skin on, but by spooning the meat out of the shell, I would never eat the skin.

I ate the seed once AMA

BS

peeled off the outer layer, cut it into little cubes, and ate them all while washing them down with water. It tasted awful, but I did it reddit.

as long as you didn't eat the endocarpium covering the seed it's all good

How the hell did you manage to cut through it? Second of all and most importantly.... WHYYY did you do that?

>in spain
>avocados expensive as fuck
>from mejico
I bought 3 because I have no money, best day of my life
hass all the way, if you dont get hass youre doing it wrong

have you tried the green ones? They're not bad either. I use hass for guacamole and add the green ones to soups as they're less fatty.

por verdes te refieres a los aguacates de agua?
lo siento, pero esos, al menos de donde yo soy, son considerados inferiores, nosotros usualmente usamos los de aceite

Why shouldn't you eat that?

Avocados are one of the most delicious things on this earth, but despite countless attempts I have never figured out how to tell when they're ready to eat. If I could solve that riddle I'd keep them at home regularly.

>people other than mexicans, commifornians and chileans pretending to know shit about avocado

it's awful, nothing else
it's function is to protect the seed

When they're soft.

>murrican education

>mfw Colombia produces more avocados than Chile.

mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/avocado-producing-countries.html

It's always not soft enough or too soft, when I actually cut in. I suck in the kitchen in general tbqhwy.

Yeah it sucks when they get too soft i feel u senpai.

how do you not know when a fruit is rupe? Like seriously... how did you manage that??

Some fruits are easier than others, famalam.

>Mexico supplies 45 percent of the international avocado market. Of the 57 avocado producing countries, the other major producers are Chile, Indonesia, United States, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Brazil and Peru in that order
we're right after mexico according to most sources

novagrim.com/Pages/2000_2011_avocado_statistics_EN.aspx
seriousrankings.com/top-10-avocado-producing-countries/
top5ofanything.com/list/8bb62b79/Avocado-Producing-Countries

Literally ṛeddit the vegetable

Everyone has a boner for them here. They're a popular cafe brunch type food when sliced and served on toast. I don't mind them but they're overrated.

....what the fuck does that even mean?

Very underrated comment lmao

2000-2011

Those sources don't seem up-to-date. Keep trying Eduardo.

Do you import them from the US, Mexico, Chile or Indonesia?

Avocados are pretty gud desu

I didn't even know these were a thing outside of Mexico and commiefornia (for obvious reasons).

yours is totally outdated then, as it reflects data from 10 or so years ago

That's right, Hector. There is a world outside of Tijuana waiting to be discovered.

We grow most of them ourself but import some from New Zealand when there is demand.

They're perfectly fine made into a condiment or dip but everyone puts a bunch of big slices of it on random food and I can't stand it like that. The texture of it by itself is just terrible.

this
t. california

It reminds me of a Brazilian book from 1915 where the character has some avocado trees in his farm and he tries to sell it to an ice cream maker, but no one wants to buy that shit.

Are you fucking kidding me? I didn't know you could grow avocados in Kiwiland. Do they also enjoy mediterranean weather?

It's a nice drink for breakfast.

literally

I couldn't help myself. I didn't realize they'd grow someplace as cool as NZ either.

I felt a sudden need to take a shit just by looking at that picture.

"In summer, the average maximum temperature ranges between 20-30ºC (70-90°F) and in winter between 10-15ºC (50-60°F)."

What avocado meme? Avocados are great for you. They have tons of fiber, are very low in sugar, and have good fat on them.

What? Are avocados laxatives?

They sure are. They provide you with lots of soluble fiber.

That's great for you and for your health.

there is hundreds of avocado varieties, they grow well in cooler tropical climates, they actually have great health benefits, some avocado varieties have edible skin some don't

Well, we also eat papaya (we call it mamão) for breakfast. It also makes you shit nicely.

How does anyone eat avocado skin? That's like eating an egg shell.

>they actually have great health benefits
This so much.
People should eat more avocados.

>edible skin
low test

this is a mexicola cocktail variety notice the smoother dark skin and irregular shape

Lol, those are eggplants. Dumb merilard.

You can actually eat the eggshell. It's full of calcium.

You can also eat shit.

specialtyproduce.com/produce/Mexicola_Cocktail_Avocados_11327.php

ruralspin.com/2013/04/07/7-ways-to-use-eggshells-and-tips-you-need-to-know/

3) Give yourself a calcium boost: Consuming calcium from eggshells can help you, too. In a 2003 study published in the International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Research, eggshell consumption helped stop bone loss in postmenopausal women. While you can consume pulverized eggshells for added calcium, remember that calcium amounts very greatly in shells, so there is no way to tell exactly how much calcium you are getting (but we know you are getting more than if you didn’t consume the shells at all). Be sure you bake the shells before consuming to prevent ingesting any bacteria if you haven’t washed the shell before eating the egg

That's an aguacate and it's a meh fruit.

>brazilian education

lol go harvest some chia you poor fuck

lol who would eat fucking egg shells, what a fucking retard

>that damage control

hahahhaha

>

>lol go harvest some chia you poor fuck
Chias are also great for you. They have tons of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.

>lol who would eat fucking egg shells, what a fucking retard
Enjoy your weak-ass bones.

those are called "criollo" here

That's racist.

Do you guys know that the spanish word for avocado comes from a náhuatl word wich means "testicles"?

Except for the Chilean-peruvian word

I want to try this