/win10/ - share your tips edition

>Remove the fucking useless/slow search box
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" -Name "EnableSearchBox" -Type Dword -Value "0"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search" -Name "SearchboxTaskbarMode" -Type Dword -Value "0"

>Hide the fucking useless task view button
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" -Name "ShowTaskViewButton" -Type Dword -Value "0"

>Disable the ad customization
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AdvertisingInfo" -Name "DisabledByGroupPolicy" -Type Dword -Value "1"

>Disable telemetry
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection" -Name "AllowTelemetry" -Type Dword -Value "0"

>Disable the silly cortana in windows search
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" -Name "AllowCortana" -Type Dword -Value "0"

>Disable web search in windows search
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" -Name "DisableWebSearch" -Type Dword -Value "1"

>Disable the retarded search indexing
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" -Name "AllowIndexingEncryptedStoresOrItems" -Type Dword -Value "0"

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QFL8e
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Windows users have to use commands to disable bloat
>>BUT WINDOWS JUST WEEERKS

Is there a way to unpin all start icons and bar icons from powershell?

How to hide battery, network and sound icons from powershell?

Install Gentoo.

u2.
Install it.

>Disable telemetry
as far as i know even when telemetry lvl is set to 0
Wi***ws send "minimal" telemetry.

a simple one
>format C:

Thanks. That's search box uses way to much fucking resources.

That's the case unless you have enterprise or edu versions of w10

Right click taskbar > properties > scroll down until you see something along the lines of "choose what icons to show" or "show system buttons" can't remember the exact wording
Deactivate all icons you want to see vanished

Mind posting your group policy edits?

Here you go.

Thanks babe

kekekekekekkekekek

whats on 54106?

I have this thing called Parted Magic on a usb stick.. When I chose "internal secure erase" on my Windows 10 disk, all my troubles want away.

Then I inserted my Windows 7 x64 Professional usb stick and installed it.

What a great thing these usb sticks are, took me under 10 minutes from beginning to end.

:)

I'm sorry what?
Also, nice triple dubs

>I'm sorry what?
The OS is taking screenshots of your desktop. He used an RSA decryptor to confirm that.

Damm, is that even with all telemetry options turned off in group policy and under enterprise/edu versions of win10?

I use python and the lackey module to do this.
It simulate the mouse and need opencv, so yes it's very heavy but it works.

It's an insider preview build, though the realization of your OS being capable of that is horrifying. And as we're all fully aware at this list, the best option is to stay on Windows 7, if you must use a proprietary operating system.

It sure is wtf
As you said, it is an insider release and one supposedly agrees to that, but who says they don't activate it on police suspects computers even on regular realeases
That's fucking Orwellian

And here's an independent traffic analysis of Windows 10 Enterprise:
archive.is/QFL8e
>Here is the roughly 8-hour network traffic analysis of 5508 connection attempts of an unused, base install of Windows 10 Enterprise
At this point*

>windows users

Anyone here use Start10? Any way I can disable icons in my Start Menu? I couldn't find that setting anywhere in the settings and I don't really want to succumb to installing Classic Shell on my Win10

stop using windows

Shouldn't you be busy doing something else, Mr Mac User/Linux Hobo?

>she/he can't do her/his job without winblows

Fightening but missing disabling all telemetry options in group policy
Windows enterprise and edu are supposed to be thebony versions in which setting the telemetry level to 0 and changing some more stuff actually deactivated all telemetry
If even after doing that there are still connections to the servers in that link...
Well, I don't even know what to say

Use Classicshell instead.

>implying Linux just works

Where did I say that?

I didn't say you said that. I said you were implying it.

Everyone is talking about using Windows 10 LTSB, why?

What do I get from it?
What do I lose from it?
What programs do not work on it?

This

Where do i get a kegit copy of LTSB and how do i activate it or get a key without using some bs file or crack ???

>What do I get from it?
Immunity to botnet
>What do I lose from it?
Being a good goy.
>What programs do not work on it?
Loonix and Mac ones.

You can get it from the MyDigitallife Forums
You can only activate it with Microsoft toolkit unless you own a company.

Does Microsoft care more about pirating Enterprise editions than Home/Pro?

What do you mean?

Why is the PowerShell syntax such garbage?

because of this

>using pajeet-sjw-ware

Just use your hardware firewall to block all connections to Microsoft (except update servers)

It's easy to find all the other servers. Just need some time to do some network analysis.

Why would I listen to an irl animu grill?

WHAT DID I FUCKING SAY YOU DICKHOLE

install classicshell