This shit is going on sale for €230 at my local store. Is it worth it?

This shit is going on sale for €230 at my local store. Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-480-vs-AMD-R9-Fury-X/3634vs3498
youtube.com/watch?v=NuZkTVTBZAg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why it has a small psu attached? do radeons really draw that much power?

Well it's a bit stronger than a 580 but the 4gb of ram could be an issue later down the line.

I know it draws 250 fucking watts that's why I'm asking

its a radiator, the card is water cooled.

If you don't mind it drawing a lot of power then it's pretty good. Still the best AMD card in terms of performance.

The hbm it has is really nice though, I've seen people running games that would take more than 4gb of VRAM perfectly fine

WAIT FOR VEGA YOU NIGGER

>over 8 TFLOPS of FP32
>512GB/s vRAM
Shiiiet for that price, it's a steal. Don't listen to all these faggots whinning about power consumption. It's not like you're gonna leave it on 24/7 running 4K res furmark for years.

Psst that's nothing. An r9 390 draws 300 watts.

I wouldn't take it even if it's free

Why, do you live in krautland and pay ~$1/kWh?

It's still AMD's fastest GPU in 2017 (apart from in situations that use more than 8GB)

can someone explain why this is a thing? dont get me wrong i understand people like the ease of CLC i have one on my CPU but why this? it wouldnt even fucking fit and it would block alot of shit i need to get to for maitenence

housefire gpu

>more than 8GB
That's 4, not 8.

definitely worth it

>Don't get the joke

I bought a 2nd hand one and it works just fine, paid about 100€
Couldn't cram more than 150MHz in OC and the card does get hot even through it's watercooled. Plus I suggest you get a silent fan for the cooler, it will sound horrible.

yes

does your mom pay the electric bill?

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

>FurMark

AMD have started throttling the card when it detects FurMark now, just like Nvidia have been doing since it was causing Fermi cards to literally explode.

you can undervolt it very decently..

i own a fury x, works exceptionally on wqhd and 4k. but perfect on FHD.

also consider iChill technology from AMD which lowers your temps

saves wattage

and gives you quicker response time when you need it..

but it only works on certain games

Can you at least do 144hz gaming in 1080 (without anti alising)?

depends on the game and cpu you have..

the fury x is only 10% faster in most games compared to rx 580 because the utilisation from games is lacking..

for the longterm, dx12 games gives the fury x a heavy boost. compare doom for example

7700k. What do you have?

>tfw r9 390 and fx9590
>have to power my PC with nuclear energy

r7 1700, coming from xeon 1231v3

anyway, make sure you don't get a version with coilwhine if you happen to own it a long period, unless your case is damped

Well if its good I will get 2 for under €440, less expensive than a 1070 here. Can you even oc that shit tho?

what do you game to need 2 of them?

you can OC it by 100hz max if you're lucky

BTFO

I have a 144hz 1ms benq 1080 ips. If 2 in crossfire can do 144fps in the majority of games at 1080 i'll get them otherwise I'll just get a 1080

Only 10% faster than a 580? Wtf the 580 is dogshit compared to a 1070 while I've seen Fury X even beat it.

never consider crossfire/sli unless you know the game you play most, utilises it perfectly. go with 1080 or atleast wait for vega

the fury x is underdeveloped in current games, except AMD optimised games where it whips the 1070 like Doom and BF1

Keked and checked

OP the price is decent. In the states the Fury non-x has been hitting $230 after a rebate, pretty damn good card. Beats the shit out of any 400/500. Only downsides are the power draw and the meme ram

Where are you?

>I dont know the cost of electricity

If you're worried about $15/year, a $200+ gpu should not be on your radar.

>gotta go fast

I know it's all memes but is there a chance that my house will catch fire because of the gpu? I mean it uses 250 watts on 10 square milimeters what if if I let my pc opened when I'm not home and the cooler just stops working?

In my town we have an actual ordinance that anyone running an AMD housefire purchases additional homeowner insurance as well as notifies the local fire district so if they are dispatched to that address to bring everything they've got.

It will either thermal throttle severely or get damaged and turn off forever, there is no way it could set anything else on fire, unless you have a fucking cardboard case

>mfw using an old pizza box as my case

gpu was 250 watt, the water block was rated for 500

as for why, amd wanted to make a premium product, and if the 980ti didn't come out a week before, it would have been a great value and performance king, here's hoping amd doesn't lock full vega to a fucking water loop, I don't need the card costing 100$ more because of a god damn water loop I don't want.

It works in all games, but they are locking it to ones that they know 100% will not cause issues for now so the feature isn't known as 'shit that breaks games' rather than how good it is for lowering temps.

No. The 480 is more power efficient and has more memory and you can OC it. It's not much of a difference.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-RX-480-vs-AMD-R9-Fury-X/3634vs3498

Do you get input lag from this shit?

>4gb vram

Nah

jej

not strictly true due to the nature of HBM

infact it keeps pace with 1070s so that bodes well for HBM2 and onwards

###POORVOLTAge

It wasn't a very good joke desu.

Put two of these fans on the radiator

youtube.com/watch?v=NuZkTVTBZAg

>WAIT FOR VEGA YOU NIGGER

Vega is gonna start at fucking 600€.

Fury X is great if you can find it that cheap.

Fits in smaller cases

No it wont.

Ends up costing as much as the Titan Xp while beating it by 2x
Poor Volta

Zozzle

Oh god that speaker rape. Why?
And 12V*4A = 48W per fan. What the actual fuck?

>I bought a 2nd hand one and it works just fine, paid about 100€
>paid about 100€

you should be arrested for that.

In many games yeah, it gets average framerates way way higher than you'd expect for a 4GB VRAM card at 1440p and 4K, even when a game is using 6GB+ of VRAM.

But in some games it also stutters when using too much VRAM. Not sure if it's an architecture issue or not, since it is fine in other games that use more VRAM than it has.

5150mhz E8600 at 37C on air!

Nope, it actually reduces latency all around unlike VSync.

Oh, didn't see the 37C lol. What if you used... 4 fans?

>I own a 390x
No wonder it gets so fucking hot

Gtx 590 365 tdp master race reporting in.

no one has checked these yet? let me do it senpai

buy the 580 instead

Fury X might be a bit faster but its a stuttery mess. The 4gb on is far too limiting. Dont listen to the average fps metrics, look at some digitalfoundry videos for example, take note of the frametimes. It's constantly wiping the memory to fit in new data. HBM helps(hence the good avg fps metrics), but it cannot make up for the lack of framebuffer.

Yeah.
I think if there is a 4GB HBM2 Vega, that might be fine. It looks like they're fixing that issue. But not for the Fury.

Fiji, frankly, was a beta.