twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

with large amounts of goalpost moving

it's not but i do it anyway

Simple: property is theft.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Q25-S7jzgs

>DRM
>(for anime) fansubs and shit does not get licensed outside Japan
>(for vidya) games that you can't purchase anymore and are better when emulated
>(for music) FLAC and Vinyl rips that you can't purchase unless you rip them yourself from the original media
>(for ebooks) books converted to FOSS friendly formats like epub and pdf
>not being reliant on a company's product/service for the thing you paid for
>preservation (decentralization)
>spend less on digital shit, buy more physical shit
etc

It's not, but I still do it. I wouldn't have bought half of my shit without it, so they should be grateful. Besides, it's not like I was going to buy it if there was no way to pirate it.

I should also mention there are things you cannot get unless you pirate
>unreleased Salinger books
>vinyl rips from the original masters
>antique vidya (in the future all Jaguar consoles will break down, meaning the only way to play them will be to rip the cartridges yourself if you even find them without selling your soul or to emulate a pirated copy)

>don't mind us, just pirating these blueprints
>it's not theft! Intellectual property is the real crime here, there is no scarcity of information! We're just copying it at no cost to the owners!

piracy is as unjustifiable as non foss software

Why do you think anyone has to justify themselves to you?

Like ppl who steals bc they have no money.

poverty is the answer here.

hmn.. what else?
>fan scans or transliterations of out of print books that have no digital version
>unofficial translations
>shit you can buy legally, but only if you live in another country and know how to navigate the website in the native language (Japan).
>scans of doujins that you could only buy in one place at one time that sold ~300 issues

the pirates offer the better product 99% of the time

fuck DRM

Sharing is caring.

Online only games with servers taken offline

/thread

I share my gog games all the time.
Here's hoping 3D printing that isn't expensive shit can take off, I will download your car and then print it.

Pretty much this.

I can get away with it

really makes you ponder

How are you going to 3d print an engine block that can stand up under the heat and pressure of an internal combustion engine?

see

>having to pay for a video game is "property theft"
lmao piratefags actually think like this

Manufactured scarcity is theft. Forcing me to pay for video-games is a crime. Stay mad, Richard Branson.

This, you're not on Sup Forums, Sup Forums is a board that has actual informed, erudite people that will never fall for the capitalism meme.

It isn't, but I don't care. The distributor is attempting to create artificial scarcity, it's not my problem if they fucking fail 99% of the time and their software gets cracked.

>mommy won't give me money for call of duty, that's scarcity!

How is the concept of "property" justifiable?

it's their fault for trying to sell easily copyable sequences of bytes to people desu

>not putting all your shit on a boat and burning yourself at sea at old age

>employ Jose to mow my lawn
>he demands 60k salary as living wage
>fire him
And this is bad how?

Using the word theft implies that there is a concept of property ownership.

You can't say nobody owns anything and then say property is theft.

Because higher wages increase consumption. What, you never took econ 101? I bet you don't even know what aggregate demand is lmao

Somebody here is philosophically stuck in the Middle Ages.

MODS, Sup Forums IS LEAKING AGAIN!

It's bad because it's a red herring. Unless he spends all of his productive hours on your lawn, presumably doing more than mowing. Then it's fine.

this isn't technology you retard

You can 3d print metal fag.

The only way to own information is to keep it secret.

the lack of a need for justification

>downloading chinese cartoons enables a country to build nuclear weapons threatening the future of the human species

I didn't ask big jews to make movies, they're out there for free, I might as well watch them.

>click image
>it doesn't enlarge
fucking goot nigger

Shit's broken right now, give it a minute. The chink squad is on it.

/thread

i don't have to justify anything that improves my own standard of living
*tips*

That one doesn't add up.
The flaw is that if physical objects were cloneable, nobody in their right mind would try to sell there items on a per-item basis. There would be no physical item shops as we know them at all if we could just clone everything. The Internet is exactly a place where everyone can just clone anything they want without cost. Selling any form of digital items is extremely naive since the Internet. Business models should adapt based on the current state of technology instead of the current use of technology being limited to keep the old business models alive.

I don't justify piracy.
I just like free shit. Who doesn't by the way?

> purchase something legitimately
> not allowed to make copies for my own personal use
> only allowed to play it on approved devices
> have to sit through ads
> need internet so it can update the ads over the years
> can be arbitrarily locked out if it's suspected that I pirated it or if some bug occurs
> have to sit through FBI warnings
> massive corporations sue people into bankruptcy for not cooperating

I'd be more than happy to pay for my media if the money was actually going to the people who made it.

As it stands, if the record labels and other media companies want to continue behaving like bastards, inhibiting cultural growth and murdering people, I will not give them a dime of my money.

If you want to beat piracy, offer a better service than the pirates.

If you need to justify pirating you shouldn't be pirating in the first place.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as piracy, is in fact, unauthorized copying, or as I've recently taken to calling it, unauthorized sharing. Piracy is not the act of obtaining an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work, but rather robbery or criminal violence at sea.

Many computer users make unauthorized copies every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the act which is widely performed today is often called piracy, and many of the people who do it are not aware that it is basically copying, and not stealing.

There really is a piracy, and some people are doing it, but it is just robbery at sea. Piracy is an act of theft: an action at sea in which goods are forcefully transferred from one ship to another. Piracy is important to be aware of, but unrelated to unauthorized copying; it can only function at sea. Piracy is normally not used in combination with unauthorized copying: the two acts are basically seperate. All the so-called piracy is really unauthorized copying.

>How is privacy justificable
ftfy
t. botnet

Shut the fuck up you communist nigger