Why does Applel have a monopoly on content creators?

Why does Applel have a monopoly on content creators?

Is it a meme? Or are MacBooks truly better if you're a content creator?

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They have a monopoly on Final Cut Pro. That's about it.

content creators can write off macs as a business expense and they don't have to deal with the pains of a windows laptop and touchpad.

I thought most CC's used the Adobe Suite though?

Is FCP even that good? I've never bothered with it

They don't.

Not even Applel uses Final Shit.

>baiting this hard

They do, creatives abandoned FCP years ago.

>Not even Applel uses Final Shit.
If you want Prores video encodings, I thought you had to use Final Cut Pro. Apart from the non-official versions in FFMPEG.

because applel def has some sort of secret bribe to keep adobe from releasing Creative Cloud on Linux. OSX is ~nix to begin with.

~nix OSes are the best for productivity. Many content creators choose to use OSX because they have no other choice if they don't want to use a windows VM.

All I know is that animators don't use Macs.

t. Went on a date with a chick who's an animator

Why would apple bribe to keep shit away from Linux? And who even uses Linux unironically anyway?

Content creators are creative individuals, and creative individuals care about both their style and the style of the products they use.

ALL other computers look like shit compared to Macs.

>Is it a meme?
Absolutely. There are no macbooks with colour calibrated screens and the mac pro is woefully outdated yet again without a corresponding price drop. Apple machines just don't make sense for a content creator beyond the hobbyist market.
>Prores video encoding
I had to google that. From what Wikipedia tells me, it doesn't seem all that attractive. What, exactly, is the appeal of it?

>Why does Applel have a monopoly on content creators?
Apparently you haven't been hearing all the CC tears about the new macbook pro

>ALL other computers look like shit compared to Macs.
Heh, I know this is bait but Apple are starting to look very dated. The aluminium and glass look is not aging gracefully.

>Or are MacBooks truly better if you're a content creator?
Twenty years ago, maybe...

For one, most colleges and schools use them, so some people are just too lazy to re-learn.

Other than that, the glory of MacOS. It's stable as fuck, secure, doesn't annoy you with forced updates or ads and got an unified UI, making it easier to focus on whatever the fuck you're doing instead of messing with it. Additionally Macbooks are the best laptops you can get without some silly flaw ruining the entire experience, shit just works.

AND since most content creators use it, there is more specific software for them in mind. Take Scrivener. When it comes to apps, it's the only logical choice too, given how Android users don't buy apps, while Applel introduce easy as shit Swift to make it easier.

Adobe themselves said there is simply not big enough market on Loonix for them to bother to port it. It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing.

>Adobe themselves said there is simply not big enough market on Loonix for them to bother to port it. It's a bit of a chicken and egg thing.
They are BSing, they just don't want to deal with the DRM

Windows 7 is the true content creator's choice.

I think the new one looks alright with the darker metal. But in any case there are those Yoga notebooks and whatever that look basically like an Apple laptop so appearance is a pretty moot point

Can' speak for the trackpad since I've never actually used an Apple laptop so I don't know how it feels, but I'm an autist who prefers the thinkpad clitmouse anyway

Just look at the market share. MacOS one is pretty small already but Linux is twice as small and most of the people running it don't give a shit about Adobe software. Obviously they don't want to deal with DRM and the likes but if there would be a financial initiative they would do it in an instant. Even Android/iOS got some halfassed ports.

Though as you said it sucks given how ~nix OSes are much better for productivity.

>they just don't want to deal with the DRM
Not him but what does that even mean? The loonix kernel supports DRM. Can't imagine the gahnoo bits do but that's because Stallman is anti business.

>macshit
>stable

Pick one.

I'd say it's ageing much better than cheap plastic.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>But in any case there are those Yoga notebooks and whatever that look basically like an Apple laptop so appearance is a pretty moot point
>There are similar looking devices so appearance doesn't matter.
The Google Pixel is almost identical to the last iPhone, doesn't mean they both don't look like refried ass.

>Or are MacBooks truly better if you're a content creator?
not better, neccesary

Well I mean, if someone is going to get a laptop based on how they look, there are other laptops that look very similar to Macs with the metal and black keyboard and shit. I'm not by the way

Most of them look like the cheap clones they are. Dell tried a slightly different design but idiotic webcam placement, ugly bottom bezel and 16:9 makes it worthless.

This.

I've been a linux user for over a decade, dabbed in bsd somewhat too but never seriously.
I tried using a mac for a month and jesus the suffering. Yeah there are some conveniences but compared to the flexibility I'm used to having it just isn't the same. It's like I was given 25% of a system and told to act thankful for it.

most people see their computers as a tool to get somewhere
nobody cares if they can't access the root folders of whatever

I've used a macbook trackpad, and then I bought an ASUS laptop with a trackpad, and the mac's trackpad is actually unironically miles better than the asus's (and that's a high-end £900 "gaming" laptop too).

Which is fine because I always use a mouse anyway: a logitech M325 is tiny enough to carry everywhere and use on any surface, heck I can use it on my palm rest if I have to.

they're nicer, so they talk about it more
most normal people don't brag about their custom workstation space heater that sits under their desk

It just works. People who have things to get done can't be bothered to sit around and wait for updates to apply, forced restarts to install the updates, or just updates in general fucking shit up.

nice copypasta-ing

Screen.

I agree with this. Isn't it funny though how the structure of most OS is still a barrier between the user and the user's target? I'm speaking as someone using iOS, Windows and Linux.

It's pretty popular among professional film makers. But there are alternatives like Intra-Only H.264 , MJPEG, Dnxhd, and CineForm.

I know NASA releases 4K videos for free in ProRes (not to imply that they know best but that's what they release in).

>Screen.

lol shit, getting owned by ASUS.

Fuck off. I owned a Yoga 2 Pro for school. I'd bring it to lectures for a day could use it on 40% brightness and it would die after 6 hours maybe. Got a 13" rMBP and even on 80% brightness, I never went home with less than 70%. The rMBP's battery life is truly legendary.

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street Rakesh. Every single tech publication on the planet has hard proof macshit battery life is a fucking joke vs your bullshit made up stories.

Because they are fucking stupid.

They are just better in general, unless you are poor or a manchild gaymer.

WRONG

My advice? Troll harder.

What is this from?

>guys, let's take Illustrator and remove all the good parts xDD
alright

>content creators
do you even know what that is?
most content is created on smartphones as those are the cameras that you have with you.

Nah, a good chunk of them use Final Cut. I know KFCHD in particular has said it's the reason he's stuck with the trash can and can't just build a windows pc.

looks like ghost in the shell.

>KFCHD
Who is that.