Cars becoming botnet

Uh oh... Even my car is a botnet
How do we stop this? soon even a pacemaker will be a botnet

Other urls found in this thread:

lifewire.com/finding-turning-off-cars-black-box-534841
digitaltrends.com/computing/pacemaker-data-arson-charges/
healthitsecurity.com/news/st.-jude-disputes-alleged-medical-device-security-issues
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dumb BMW driving, phone poster.

>dumb
Hahaha no
>phone poster
huh? im on my desktop?

At least I don't drive an econ shit-box

Better than a Mercedes driver

General Motors has advertised for about a decade the "feature" of its OnStar Botnet being able to remotely shut down your car, a common feature in modern cars.

>How do we stop this?
By using a reliable car from before the current millennium.

see

Yeah man what i've learned from my car being botnet is that the goverment controls everything, all the tin foil you buy is secretly from the planet mars, the cia met the martians and secretly they control humanity but thats not a big deal or anything just got baasdlawndjofiao=w

>At least I don't drive an econ shit-box
we all know it's a low-end 5 series at best
not even turks drive those

The day cars record everything will be a big problem. Bad enough people monitoring your phone but your car listening to all of your conversations? That's fucked up.

They already do record a lot.

lifewire.com/finding-turning-off-cars-black-box-534841

>tfw the CIA could have rigged Terry A Davi's car to kill one of themselves

>>mfw Terry probably thought it was divine intervention

340i
inline 6 aint bad at all
and what do you drive?

Nice ride.
Don't listen to him, he is probably mad because he drives his family Honda.

Thanks man.

> strawmanning this fucking hard

r/politics is that way.

>AMD city
>they planned the city so that every road has a minimum of 8 lanes, even in residential areas
>no public transport of any kind, AMD theoretically supports it, but they left the work to the open source community to build the public transport
>there are no toll roads, but every road is full of potholes
>no regulations with regards to emissions, the air in the city is toxic

>Nvidia city
>the city is laid out so you have to drive through as many toll roads as possible
>the public transport is always on time, but they won't tell you their routes, you just have to trust they're taking you to where you're asking
>there are strict regulations with regards to fuel efficiency and emissions, but cars cost a minimum of $30,000 now

>Cars becoming botnet
News about car being hacked is, what, 2 year old at this moment? Guyes were able to take control of car and fuckup steering.

Welcome to decades ago.

You can't keep doing this forever.

Pacemakers are already botnet, OP.
digitaltrends.com/computing/pacemaker-data-arson-charges/

healthitsecurity.com/news/st.-jude-disputes-alleged-medical-device-security-issues

Just buy an older car.

Just build your own car.

>3.88mb

Attach a hose to exhaust, run it through window and fucking kys.

>no public transport of any kind, AMD theoretically supports it, but they left the work to the open source community to build the public transport

>GNU/Tram comes (or as I've recently started calling it GNU plus Tram)
>no need to buy a ticket, but you can do it anyway to support it
>if nobody drive it, you can drive it yourself
>doesn't always stops at the right place.... but it will improve in the next version!
>you can couple any two trams you want. Enjoy paying for proprietary couplers, nvidiakeks
>can nvidia trams operate from 3 different voltages? PROTIP: they fucking can't. GNU/Tram mustard race

>his images don't load instantly
lmao pleb

Nope, thats not the reason.

I remember when I was growing up it was unheard of for the government to be collecting our phone calls and emails and scanning our mail at post office locations. When some rumors got out that Bush W/Cheney had started collecting emails and phone calls people couldn't believe it just because of the sheer audacity. Lots of other people in media, tech, business etc said that this was all tin foil hat theory. Even up until they started building the datacenter in Utah to store and process all this data people still just thought it was all fringe Alex Jones tier conspiracy.

Now it happens on a daily basis and everyone knows and is complacent and acts like it's the status quo. That's because of faggot normies like you who think this shit is a joke.

>Intel city
>Everything is a ring road
>Very little traffic
>However takes hours to get from one side of the city to another
>Large sections of road are for government employees only

Buy used or buy cheaper cars.
I know driving around in a 21 year old isn't appealing, but it is practically free as you can sell it to a junkyard if there is any trouble.
When buying new cars, ask them what the onboard computer does, can it stop the car from working and what happens when the computer breaks.
I considered getting a VW, but their computers are really bad.
Say you drain the car battery.
Then you have to tow the car to a (((certified))) workshop in order to reset the computer so you can drive again.
Where other cars just require you to put a cable to another cars battery and you can get on with life.

This sounds like a nightmare to me. Is there any open-source initiative into getting free firmware onto cars?

I drive a dub and removing the battery for long periods of time definitely does not require dealer service.

I mean seriously. The battery is one of the most unreliable parts of an auto. Why would VAG do that?

please end your life disinfo shill

kek

>soon

1984 carbie masterrace checking in. All electronics more advanced than my distributor should be banned

It's scary that cars are becoming this advanced. Someone will be able to kill you by hacking your vehicle.

>hahah le big bad gubbermint spii on you haha le tonfoil le foil tin
NSA, Snowden
>hahah le y u ofraid u not terrorista yes ahaha le tinfoil le foil tin

You will be first to choke tinfoil, statist cuck.