/fag/ - Friendly Apple-Hate General

Let's be honest here
OSX is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators use windows
Office tasks and desktops are on windows
Gamers use windows
A few Servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Mac OSX
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need OSX
Unironically faggots use OSX even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence
PROTIP: You can't

I see Windows as having the same value as Mac.
It's just pure delusion to say they're somehow worse. Apple as a company is another matter. But if we're comparing that then it's worth mentioning that Microsoft is pretty shit too

I dont even know how MacOS retards come up with arguments for their OS.
Everything is worse there. Everything. I mean the SOFTWARE

>organic water
nani?

>>Find me ONE reason that validates OSX's existence

I makes it easy for me to identify and avoid homosexuals.

You can do most of the things you'd like to do on a Linux desktop device but when you're done you still have a usable machine.
Plus it's fucking way easy for organisations. Shits standardised as fuck, yo.

Well on Linux you can do 100% of those things and still have a usable machine.

has apple come out with a spill proof keyboard for any of there laptops?

> If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.
I've seen this pasta before.
iOS users/programmers will care.

I tried out os x for the first time last week

>mouse wheel down to scroll up and vice versa
that was the first and last straw. Deleted that garbage in an instant

They should get used now to planned obsolescence, so who cares?

TIL planned obsolescence = all versions of the software disappear

Upvote

there is almost zero software except for emulators and video/music software.

>usable linux machine
maybe in 2009

>i cant change settings
lol

Professional content creators don't use windows. You don't want anything to do with doing audio. Windows asio is complete garbage and latency because of how shitty ntfs handles ram is laughable but not as funny as ntfs having a file limitation for transportation. Any animation studio worth a damn uses osx because its Unix based and works well with render farms. Mac has error checking cpus and ram so if you are rendering or recording live audio you won't be fucked. And there's a reason why 99% of these programs are open to based dx was late to the party. Nobody uses windows for labor intensive work just games. As far as office suite, its subscription based now and easier to type on a android tablet

Depends what you use.

I administrate servers / develop some programs and I use macOs.

It is a *nix, so you can actually do something productive with the cli, while not having some of the problems that Linux have (broken video drivers, laptop not going to sleep when closed and overheating in your bad).

It also keeps wifi alive when put into sleep, meaning that your ssh sessions don't break, which is really handy.

>Professional content creators don't use windows
holy jesus can you sound any more deluded?

>it's not usable!
I'm sorry you're too stupid for Linux, but it's entirely usable. Case in point: I'm using it to call you a faggot right now.

Apple decided to shoot themselves in the head by not updating their "Pro" hardware for ages and discontinuing their "Pro" software

Excuse me, but whom are you quoting dess

Where did I say it was a quote? Why are you not addressing my point? Linux is entirely usable.

Yeah, maybe if you have no job or social life

>no job
user, where do you think the majority of websites are hosted? Fucking macOS?
>no social life
This didn't even make sense.

Again, I'm sorry you're too stupid for Linux.

>easier to type on a tablet
u wot m8

Anyway, I know a lot of music people and ideed a lot of them that use macs, but mostly they are doing so because That's What the Other Guys Useā„¢ rather than actual knowledge on the matter.

fpbp

I'm a professional content creator (whatever that means, I work with generic audio/video production) and I'm with windows, I'm a more tech savy than most of my colleagues and the only reason I listen for people buying macbooks is literally
This. "Macs are better they are totally worth their price" from people who aren't able to install an adblocker and can't mantain a computer, when their Mac is slow (and they are) because of software reasons they just think they need to buy a new one, even if a 2013 rMBP isn't more powerful than a 2015 one

cheap bait thread

>bait thread?

>t. mactoddler

12 years ago i started working as a freelance layouter and got a powerbook G5. why? because of some little things like full integration of PDF, something windows xp was not capable of out of the box. or real plug'n'play with printers or scanners when i was working in a clients office. tigers ability to hibernate when i close the lid. the top-tier-hardware with a shitton of ports. it was the perfect mobile workstation to work with adobe apps back in the day.

now every cuck linux can do this and apple will rather sell anoter iphone than to start to get back ahead again on the desktop while microsoft is pushing the game.

but macOS is the only good desktop OS retarded OP.