1050ti + ability for external gpu
best screen available in the market
2000€

why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/4qLrf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

better spent on hookers and blow.

fpbp, you're never going to impress the world playing call of duty on the subway or whatever the fuck it is you envision yourself doing with that, get something rational.

Build a desktop with those specs for 1k. Unless your goal is to fry your nuts off.

Too expensive.
Wait until AMD releases their shitty Ryzen Laptop lineup and GPU lineup.
As Intel/Nvidia have total domination in the laptop market, we will see retarded prices. So sadly "wait(tm)".

got another budget for that

My job requires me to move too often for very little time (every couple of weeks for less than a week)
and I also use a motorcycle to do so, so I need something small that gets jobs done.

amd can suck mah dick

>1050ti
>$2000
I've seen ones with GTX 1060's for cheaper

Ok, but what are you going to use it for that a sub $500 laptop can't accomplish. The external gpu is a meme. Realisticlly any gaming that you're going to do on a laptop could be done on something cheaper. This thing is a loud ugly gimmick, reallocate 1500 to coke and get something reasonable.

>amd can suck mah dick

Why?
It's not like you have to buy their shit. You just need them to do something for the market. So you can buy Intel/Nvidia stuff cheaper.

my bad. for that price you can get the 1060 option

a 500$ laptop won't hold against time and that's why an external gpu is tempting.
i need a powerful laptop so i can run all my my autodesk stuff with no problems.
also if you can get a 500$ laptop with a decent screen a quadcore cpu and an illuminated keyboard i'll buy it

because nothing mobile they have ever made mattered and thus intel and nvidia never cared to lower their prices

Just buy a dankpad

>because nothing mobile they have ever made mattered and thus intel and nvidia never cared to lower their prices

So far, if you have the money to buy the laptop go ahead. Just don't seriously see any sane reason to throw away so much money for less.

what is that piece of shite`?

comes rave e-jay included?

i would rather buy razer blade + external GPU

Then buy clevo. I know people with your needs, and yes, gaming portable hardware is good but you just can't be taken seriously with an alienware. You need something that say in front of clients that you know your shit, not that you robbed your gear from a rich kid

wich motorcycle?

Because the Dell XPS 15 is the exact same thing but has a 1050 instead of a 1050 Ti, is infinitely more portable and doesn't look like a 14 year old designed it

Honda Cub70.

If you like the Alienware lights, go for it.

If you just want something that can do an external GPU, look at an XPS 13/15.

I liked the few that I've owned, but ended up trading up to a Precision M4800, largely because docking station.

thought about it but ergonomics won. also absolutely no support in europe and dock costs two times as much.
pic related.

look like shit, feel like shit, shit trackpads, shit screen. nope.

I have a honda cub 50 std, a yamaha t105e and a ninja 250r.

worse screen, worse graphics, less expandable, more expensive.

when are you faggots going to grow up and stop caring about how your tools look like?

i currently have an XPS 17 l702x.
6 years old, been though hell and back.
started dying a year ago, trying to keep it alive with tooth and claws.
best 1000€ i've ever spent

Because you can build a pc with those components for around $400

Now if you put $2000 on a PC now you're playing with power.

You better look at a laptop that is prime in portability. Like a small Xps, spectre or something among those lines. But that's just my opinion.

That's completely bullshit. Laptops are overpriced but you could not not build a desktop with the same specs and a keyboard and a mouse and an equal screen for $400.

It seems like you already have your heart set user.
I will say that appearance does matter, especially in the business world. A silly lit up alien head on your laptop says something about immaturity, even if you are the most mature person in the building. People will instantly not take you as seriously.
Now I would look into Dells workstation options and upper line up. Theres the XPS of course, but that's an ultraportable. But Dell makes mid sized laptops with powerful specs to back them. Their workstation laptops are fantastic and they really aren't all that thick.
You'll see powerful CPU options with Nvidia Quadro cards. Those Quadro cards really are better for 3D rendering but also handle games just fine for when you're at home.

BUY A MICRO ATX YOU DUMB BUTTFACE

for specs yes, 400 is reasonable
keyboard and mouse is 10 bucks, and you should be using your own rather than the laptops shit membrane or shit cherry
also the laptop doesn't come with a mouse if I'm correct, and don't tell me that a fucking touchpad is anywhere near the same thing
and for screen, if you are traveling, plug it into a tv
here I've got the solution for you
rather than spend 2000 on a laptop you will replace in a year, buy a 500 dollar laptop and a 1500 dollar microatx
and stop asking Sup Forums stupid things, buy your stupid gaymen laptops without asking

Build it on PC part picker, I'd be extremely impressed.

I never disagreed with you on the fact that a desktop is substantially cheaper, I just said there's no way you can get all that for $400. Also you can't substitute a TV screen for a laptop screen when you've got 3D modeling work to do. It's not even remotely close. You can't just sit down at a desk or any table and continue working on what you were working on.

I bought a Clevo laptop on Craigslist for around $1000 around three years ago. It has a 3740qm, 32gb of DDR3, two Samsung SSDs in raid 0 (250gb each), and two Nvidia 670mx in SLI.
I bought it because I can throw it in a large backpack or a carry-on and fly home from college and have all my computing power with me, along with a 1080p screen, a keyboard, and a pointing device.
Honestly I would have been hard pressed to build something in that small of a form factor that I could move around even close to as easily.

>house fires

Huh
pcpartpicker.com/list/4qLrf8

For $100 more you can have a ryzen processor or a Rx480/1060, leaving it at $500

>The G4560 isn't anywhere close to the 7700HQ. So that's a sorry excuse for a processor comparison.
>Doesn't include an IPS HD screen, keyboard or pointing device
>Uses a 1tb HDD instead of a 180gb M.2
>Memory is 2133 instead of 2400

>a $500 laptop won't hold against time
BOI

>1050ti

better no-GPU

I would buy it for the OLED screen alone, but I am going to wait for a bigger one; 15 inches at min.

>pink LEDs and trackpad
>pink

My next gaming machine is some Asus with m1060/1070 and a 120hz g-sync.

When it gets too old, ill sell it on auction and switch to a new one or buy beer.

that computer is at least 2yrs old already, jackass.
Strickly on the aspect of lifespan, you're probably going to replace it around the same time you'd replace a disposable new $500 laptop...

I only require a laptop which can play 4K 60fps footage without stuttering. Wanting more power than that in a laptop is pretty dumb.

>you're probably going to replace it around the same time you'd replace a disposable new $500 laptop...3 years
>not knowing Sup Forums shitposts 10 year old thinkpads
>being this new

Please tell me more about how you still use a T61

Just out of interest, ignore this

Wait what?

Am I retarded and forgot how to count or are these already deleted

OP don't listen to these shit posters. I have a 2017 Blade and it runs all my programs and games just fine and doesn't look like a 12 year old's toy. I'd pick the XPS over an alienware unless you really need the extra horsepower and RGB everything

>2k
>1050 ti
LMAO

Am i better off buying a light, portable laptop and getting an external GPU or just buying a GTX 1050 gaming laptop if i move around too much to get a desktop?

A 1050 will handle all gayms you have any business playing on a laptop anyway.

You know what? I don't. I use a 4 year old T430 with a 1050ti egpu and I plan on doing so until it's not okay to use a quad core i7

probably doesn't support GNU/Linux very well

probably shit battery life

Actually I do. Bought one this year, upgraded it and such, and it's a fucking beast. Impressive how well it does for such an old laptop.

Plus it cost me sub $100.