/sqt/ - Stupid questions thread

Post your simple/stupid questions here rather than making a whole thread for problems that can be answered with 1 post.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

scan.co.uk/images/products/1837-a.jpg
tph.tuwien.ac.at/~oemer/qcl.html
yt-dl.org/downloads/2017.04.26/youtube-dl-2017.04.26.tar.gz
yt-dl.org/downloads/latest/youtube-dl
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html
linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
drive.google.com/open?id=0B9XU7EXwV3cMX0U1RTVCc0dHZGc
schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So here is my question and waiting for any help :-(

So NAS or server?
NAS would be 660€ and a server like 900€ or more.

I can't connect to my server running mpd using MPDroid. These are the iptables rules I have:
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 8000 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 8000 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 6600 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 6600 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

Using telnet I get the following:
On port 6600 I get connection refused.
On port 8000 I am connected before the connection is abruptly closed by foreign host.

What am I missing?

How do I get my PS4 controller to work on win10 without having to have an external program running? I've done it before, just ran a dll or something and it worked.

>sata cable
for what purpose? isn't a normal molex enough? lime this I mean: scan.co.uk/images/products/1837-a.jpg

Is there a legit Spotify Premium .apk download?

What programming language(s) are used for quantum computing?

it's just so you can use either

the board has molex on it, if you don't have a spare molex on your supply, you can use the adapter to use use a sata power connector instead

yea, on the play store

>Difference between NAS and server
A server is like a normal PC, it runs an OS and can do anything a PC does.
Pre-built NAS are just hubs most of the times, some come with more features but they're pretty much dumbed down servers that cannot do anything else besides connecting your PC to the drives that you will use in the NAS.

>NAS would be 660€
You can find much cheaper ones, even below 150€ up to 4 bays, still, you could also use a cheap mobo and make a server with it, though that will require some extra component, more work and some expertise.

I am looking for a Spotify Premium .apk download for free

oh well, good to know, I wanted to get a couple of these boards but I don't have available sata ports so I'll be using them with molex cables.

the 660€ NAS would have 16TB already in two 8TB WD RED.

But yeah, then I'll try to get him to get a server wit ha cheap xeon or whatever so he can have some stuff on it.

so you don't want a legit one?

How do i hack someone's facebook acount?

>buy burner
>call them
>say you're from facebook support and that you need to verify their account details because someone hacked their account
>???

'chmod 664' gives the user and group read/write while global read permission, right?

Yet when I mount through sshfs I can't see shit in a folder with those permissions unless I use 'chmod 774'.

What have I misunderstood?

you need execute rights on a directory in order to enter it

some anons use mini pcs like raspberry pi to create seedboxes/servers but honestly I find them a pain in the ass to configure since they require a lot of custom crap to run, even though they're cheap as shit compared to nas/server setups.

What's the difference between MircoSDHC and MicroSD? I've seen an old flip phone model that in the specs say MircoSDHC but when I searched for these cards online I kept bumping in normal MicroSD listings, are they the same?

I totally forgot about those. But these are weaker than most NAS with celeron, and low RAM. I guess that a mini PC with a mobile CPU would work, or maybe an all in one mother board.

Social engineering. You need to trick that person to give you their password. Doesn't have to be a Facebook password, most people use same password for multiple sites and thus you should be able to log into Facebook or email with it.

YouTube-dl not working?

Whoops wrong post.

tph.tuwien.ac.at/~oemer/qcl.html

working here, i presume you're talking about using it with youtube?

how do I add sound to my video card?

Can I ask a question here? Will someone get angry?

I see.

HC cards are faster and have more space IIRC. Normal SD cards can work if the device doesn't require that extra speed, but you might run into issues such as card not being fast enough to record video on.

it's not really something you notice until someone points it out, or you trip on it

Why is RAM so big for it's storage capacity? My 500gb m.2 SSD is like half the size of a RAM stick and the biggest RAM sticks are like, what, 32gb?

>Can I ask a question here?
yes
>Will someone get angry?
yes

Why do we need different programming languages?
How do you even create a program?
How does a program like Notepad++ know which language you're using?
How do you even go from a bunch of code to a program/online game/dildo simulator?

Basically, I'm a retard. Fix me pls.

completely different technology
one big limiting factor is that ram needs to be able to read/write individual bytes in extremely small amounts of time, ssd's aren't so direct, they can batch IO up and read/write big blocks of 100's of KiB at a time, this doesn't need nearly as many pins

Can your SSD write 30 GB/s?

youtube-dl.exe -U
try giving it an update

I updated it before I came here
can't download YouTube videos

Obviously not. answered my question, but I was obviously curious as to why having the ability to read and write data so much faster would make the chips so much bigger.

My version is almost 2 weeks old and works fine

working here, there have been some commits since the last release, try the git version

i'm not really sure which part exactly makes them bigger, possibly both, the key differences being;
1. ram needs direct access to every byte
2. ram uses dram chips, not flash chips, they are very different technologies

Not him, but I'm using the one that came with SVP 4 (a cracked one) and I used to use it to stream and use SVP with it, but it looks like it's rip for me. Maybe an SVP update would fix it, but it would remove the crack, or at least I think so.

see if it just has the youtube-dl executable in there, and just replace it

is it possible to root dumb phones without bricking them?

there isn't, just a bunch of python shit. Are these in the source or something?

how would you define rooting a dumb phone?

youtube-dl is written in python, the windows release is wrapped up into an .exe though, you didn't say which you have, nor does it really matter, just replace it with the same type of release

for what porpoise

Rooting I mean getting access to all the files of the operating system running on the dumb phone.

I wanted to add another language support.

>Rooting I mean getting access to all the files of the operating system running on the dumb phone.
that's not what rooting means, rooting means gaining access to the root user, which only applies to operating systems that have a root user, like linux
dumb phones are typically simpler, single-user operating systems, with no concept of users

OK, I replaced all the shit with the source thing and it works now. Thanks my user.
replaced it with yt-dl.org/downloads/2017.04.26/youtube-dl-2017.04.26.tar.gz

np

to be clear, python is an interpreted language, so the files you execute are also the sources
the windows .exe is simply the python sources with a python interpreter integrated, avoiding the need to have python installed separately, which is a pain on windows because >no package manager

(oh, that and most OS's besides windows already have python installed)

I've seen a cheap 500 Gh/s miner, but is 500 Gh/s actually a lot or little mining power?

Never mind, I found a profit calculator, it's not bad but nothing special either.

Could you please post links on hardware diagnosis equipment and technique?
My mobo is kill and I have no idea, how to test, which part of it fails.
I need a current measurer and power source, right? And then would have to solder some shit.

No "bring it to the geeksquad" please.

How do I torrent on the tmobile network which seems to block torrent traffic ?

came here to ask this. i updated it through pip and it still gives me the same error. trying to figure it out.

Lucky Patcher has a patch that lets you use Spotify on tablet mode. You can play any song at any time, but you still can't download them.

so is gentoo actually good?

ok poorfag here help me out. I'm going to college but I don't have a laptop, there are no used thinkpads to buy here, only new ones. I just want a computer to learn programming/linux.
I have a old ipad 2 so I saw a vid of using ipad2 as screen connected through wifi to a rasp pi 3 to use as linux computer. Is this a good idea? I have an usb keyboard which I can connect to rasp pi right? I can't take my desktop to college unfortunately. Sorry for my english and sorry for format error Sup Forums is not my home board an user asked me to ask this question here. Thanks all.

i think the pip version is outdated so i went with the regular install route and now it works fine

sudo curl -L yt-dl.org/downloads/latest/youtube-dl -o /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl

sudo chmod a+rx /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl

rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html

Hey, ask in /r/amd daily question thread you might get reply I'm not familiar with amd sorry
user, you might want to check this book it is very good to learn systematically : linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php It has one chapter dedicated to permissions
I find seedhost.eu good I can even pay through bitcoin

It tries to guess syntax.
WHat do you want to learn? If you are good in understanding you can start with Programming : Principles and Practices using c++. If you can't afford I have a ebook do you want?

My question : Is it possible to use android without depending on google? I don't use phone normally but I want to now because my friends force me to haha. I just am a bit on the "no botnet" side so asking.
I like this board btw this place is comfy

also it seems to be preventing me from using https so you may have to use regular http

Does static coming from my headphones only when I move them means there's something wrong with my sound card? Or is it just plain old bad contact? Why does it only crackle when I position the plug in a certain position.

Can't a phishing site just buy an SSL certificate while still doing shady shit to you

How is this security?

bad contact
absolutely, here is an example : blfinex.com (the correct site is bitfinex.com).

Why is there so much spyware nowadays? Built into windows, nvidia gayforce drivers, basically everything

my computer just went down in a millisecond (blank screen, cpu off) and then started restarting. THis has happened 3 times now what is wrong !!!
My harddisk is 7 years old is it dying?

In use case design, can a more specific actor use all the use cases of its original generalised one even if there isn't a specific line from it?
Pic related.
Can janitor use the use case "clock in" that staff member can?

"Terrorists", more people using computers, more people that like "free" stuff that just sells your personal data, and it being more profitable to just sell personal data instead of letting people buy software.

>my computer just went down in a millisecond (blank screen, cpu off) and then started restarting. THis has happened 3 times now what is wrong !!!
Probably the PSU.
>My harddisk is 7 years old is it dying?
Check SMART.

You can install a custom rom on your android. I would browse a bit and find one to your liking. P.s. needs to be rooted

My laptop is randomly restarting. But only after like 1 min when i'm on desktop, when i just let it sit without logging in it does nothing. I havent visited any sites besides news sites and Sup Forums the last week, dont think i can catch anything there. What do?

>If you can't afford I have a ebook do you want?
Yes pls

What are some lesser known keyboard shortcuts that are convenient?

Small beginner python question:
S = np.zeros(somesize)
S[-1]= np.zeros(somethingelse)

What does the s[- 1] mean here? Additional zero element?

f11 - (fullscreen)
ctrl-[n] - Move to tab n
ctrl shit t - reopen closed tab
On a side note,
Are you looking to improve your workflow using keyboard? Check out i3wm.

Window-D
>Go to desktop

Ctrl+Shit+Esc
>Bring up Task Manager

Ctrl+W
>Most browsers, close current tab

Ctrl+Shit+T
>Reopen closed tab

Shift-Tab
>Previous field (useful for forms)

Shift-Enter
>Submit form in new tab or window

When you learn to fap one handed these all become useful, as they can all be done easily left handed, save for Shift+Enter

[-1] is the last index in the array. Negative indices wrap from behind, so [-2] would be the second from last in the array, etc.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B9XU7EXwV3cMX0U1RTVCc0dHZGc
Use epub reader addon on firefox, change settings of lineheight etc to fit your device properly

cheers lad

It will take around 4 months to complete

bumping myself

Just buy a new motherboard. Actually diagnosing it, finding the right parts, soldering it (correctly) is going to be more expensive than a new one

But one online, online is everywhere. ebay is your friend.

Let's say I have two folders of images. I want to access the images of both folders from a third folder, but I don't want to copy all the files to this third folder. I tried using shortcuts, but when I open those images in a image viewer(I use FastStone), I view the images as if they were in the original folder. What can I do?

Copy everything to the third folder.

I have two issues. First, I have an SSD that says it's got 96gb of stuff, but if I select everything on it, including hidden files and folders, it only comes out to 74gb. Where is that other twenty gigs or so?

Second, see pic. I don't even own this game, why is it there? I can't uninstall it either, as I just get an error message that it can't find the file path.

youtube stop working on Chrome how do i fix it

This might be a really stupid answer, but I think you could achieve this with mount --bind on linux at least. You could try looking for something like that, at least I assume you're on Windows.
Again though, I really don't know enough about mount --bind to be sure.

Use Firefox.

use symlinks
there's a built in tool since vista for it, "mklink", but it's not very convinient to use
use this;
schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

Thanks guys. Also checked.

Windows default games, can't be removed due to creators update.
Is there a reason you are not on linux?

>discord
Can I suggest something else?

Jesus fucking christ, what the actual fuck, google?

Expanding a youtube embed in another thread fucking bluescreened me.

Anyone with experience with Tasker, is it possible to send a HTTP GET request and then branch based on whether the request returned anything or not?

Intended use is to put my computer to sleep before going to bed, I do this through a HTTP GET already which will return a short little response if the computer is on and then go to sleep, or if it's already sleeping/off it will just bounce back. I'd like for Tasker to shut my lights off immediately if the request bounces, otherwise wait 8 seconds and then shut them off (to avoid external HDDs on the same power strip being powered down too soon when the computer is still active)

Probably to play games he does want to play.

recs for a cheap shittop to experiment with pls