/flg/ - Flashlight General

This thread is for all flashlights type devices.

Cheap:
>CREE Q5 based Flashlights
1 x AA/14500
up to 500lm
$2 ~ $10

EDC:
>Klarus Mi7
1 x AA/14500
up to 700lm
$40

Allrounder:
>ThruNite TN12 (2016)
1 x 18650 or 2 x CR123A
up to 1100lm
$46

Power:
>ThruNite TN36
4 x 18650
up to 7300lm
$180

Bonus:
>ThruNite Neutron2A v2 CW
1 x AA/14500 or 2 x AA
up to 730lm
26 Euro

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohourxd.com/collections/pocket-lights/products/ignite-edc-pocket-flashlight-matte-black-aluminum
amazon.com/ThruNite-TN12-2016-White-Flashlight/dp/B01EWW907A
amazon.com/Nitecore-EC20-Flashlight-Batteries-Tactical/dp/B00NO1J5F8
amazon.com/Olight-Variable-Output-Side-switch-Flashlight-Updated/dp/B01EF4ULDM
aliexpress.com/item/LED-Flashlight/32519805553.html
aliexpress.com/item/ThorFire-PF03-110LM-3-modes-LED-Pen-Flashlight-Super-Bright-Mini-LED-Pen-Light-for-Pocket/32792324631.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have Ultratac K18.

Nothing wrong with it but I would like something that is USB rechargeable.

It needs to have clip.

What are my options?

Any Cree xml flashlights with a memory function? That's the only thing I wish mine had.

This kickstarter project comes to mind.

ZeroHour IGNITE EDC

zerohourxd.com/collections/pocket-lights/products/ignite-edc-pocket-flashlight-matte-black-aluminum

>no surefire recommendation
I want chinkshit and Europoor to leave.

>I'm gay
yet, this is a nice cheap flashlight.
>18650 powered
>XM-L2 U2 diode
>3A controller
>waterproof

fug, forgot picture

What's wrong with 18650?

I have this shit, it takes 14500 li-ion and it has xr-e led i think, can I just buy a stronger led and solder it on the existing pcb?

Uh, nothing?
I actually use only 18650 powered flashlights because cells are available everywhere, also can be harvested from old laptop batteries that I got.

get this one:
it's bigger, but it's 18650 powered and it can handle bigger emmiters such as T6 or XM-L2 U2
And it costs $5... Smaller ultrafire mini (the one you got - 14500 powered) can handle up to Q5, and it's basically shit.

I've got a Sunwayman V20R and it's pretty neat, but I'm considering upgrading to something with 18650s. I went with with that one originally because I wanted something that could stand on end, had a momentary push button ala my old familiar Maglights, was straight bodied, and I loved their infinitely adjustable magnetic controls. I'm thinking I'll try to find something similar in 18650, either 1 or 2 long and 1 or 3 batteries wide. Does anyone else offer that style of controls and momentary tail cap push button that stands up, or should I stick with Sunwayman?

I've had this for a few years now. Thinking about buying it a new battery as the one in it is starting to get weak.

Nearly bought an Anker LC90.
Opinions?

not much you can do wrong with that one.

for a few bucks more you can get one of these which have better built quality and are brighter.

amazon.com/ThruNite-TN12-2016-White-Flashlight/dp/B01EWW907A

amazon.com/Nitecore-EC20-Flashlight-Batteries-Tactical/dp/B00NO1J5F8

amazon.com/Olight-Variable-Output-Side-switch-Flashlight-Updated/dp/B01EF4ULDM

Anything good in the € 20 range?

Search for "CREE T6" a lot of flashlights with this LED are in that price range. They usually have only one.

absolutely gay recommendations, here is a more reasonable list:

BLF 348
> less than 10$
> 1xAAA
> ~100lm
> very good color rendition, cheap af, small af, cute af

Convoy S2+
> ~15$
> 1x18650
> ~1000lm
> many choices for body color and led color temperature, good size for edc. A good alternative with better color rendition but less output is the Jaxman E2 nichia variant

Convoy C8
> ~20$
> 1x18650
> ~1000lm
> same choices in led color as the s2+, but it's bigger and has a bigger reflector meaning it has a focused narrow beam that throws really far

Thorfire S70S
> ~50$, can be found for less
> 2x26650
> ~4000lm
> big high output light at a good price, convoy L6 is a good slightly more expensive alternative with the same performance but higher build quality

see this list

surefire makes really good stuff but it's expensive and not ideal for everybody

Is there something small (AAA maybe) that's made for long runtime?

I got this one a while ago, very good for the price. Specs don't match but for 5 euro and no shipping costs...
aliexpress.com/item/LED-Flashlight/32519805553.html

The one I linked accepts AAA as well as 18650.
for the price it's excellent.

Whats the name of this, how to buy? Ebay? I need complete guide...

aliexpress.com/item/ThorFire-PF03-110LM-3-modes-LED-Pen-Flashlight-Super-Bright-Mini-LED-Pen-Light-for-Pocket/32792324631.html
what do you guys think?

AAA batteries and long runtimes don't go together, they just don't hold enough energy. As a reference:
- a good AAA holds 1.1Wh of energy
- a good AA holds 3Wh
- a good 18650 holds 13Wh
A single AAA flashlight can do something like 100 lumens for an hour with a really good driver and led, but to get longer runtimes you are going to need to either go for a bigger battery or lower your brightness to smartphone led flash levels (30-50lm) at which point why even carry a separate flashlight?

I wish I could find a headlamp that didn't have that stupid flashing mode.

if you don't mind the price (which really isn't high at all for what the light is), the upcoming zebralight h53c should have a fully programmable user interface

LedLensor P9

Ive had it for about 5 years now, best torch ive ever used.

P7* fug