Other urls found in this thread:

gnucash.org/docs.phtml
ledger-cli.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>S-tier
What does this even mean?

Super.

GnuCash is really good actually.

Gnumake, makes compiling larger projects super easy.

There a good guide on how to use this for personal finance? Is there much of an advantage to using this? Can this do some form of projections or extrapolation to see if I'll be fucked in the future with my tech spending habits?

You can record transactions dated in the future. They'll show up below the blue line in the register. Then you customize the overview to include "Future Minimum Balance." This will show the lowest your bank accounts will get. If it's negative, it'll turn red.

This, combined with scheduling recurring transactions configured to create 30 - 90 days beforehand should be what you're looking for.

As for tutorials, I don't really know of any. I just read the built in tips and tricks.

gnucash.org/docs.phtml

Blender

Is there any reason to use it for my personal finances if I'm a regular wage slave? I use a Google Docs spreadsheet to record my balance and project my spendings and it works good enough for me.
Also, is ledger-cli.org/ a meme? It looks `cool` and `hacker-ish`.

I'd say vim (or emacs, if that's your taste) is really good. Lots of useful tools are open source.

PyCharm Community Edition

Emacs (even though I now use Visual Studio Code)

imo the less money you make the more important it is. Especially if you don't have parents or whatever you can fall back on.

>I'll make a thread just to let everybody know I can't into bookkeeping

This is a technology board, user.

Even being a wage cuck, if you keep your receipts and keep track of expenses, you can get bigger tax returns than using the default deduction. Gnucash helps track what you're expenses were, not just that they happened, so you can make appropriate deductions.

That ledger-cli looks pretty dumb, you have to type out the date and categories every time, seems tedious.

Can't you just be, you know, reasonable, and don't spend your money on useless shit, without tracking every spending meticulously?
The only tax returns we have here is from education, housing, and medical spendings, so there is no reason to keep track of everyday receipts.

You want to use GNU make for your personal finances? Shit, I guess that might actually be possible.

Imagine just how much less useless shit you would buy if you were double checking your spending though.

This is why jews are rich user.

Heh, that was another example of open source software that's good. I'm sure it can be done though.

>GNU Make
>Good

Exactly. Ever since I started doing that, I've been spending far less on useless shit.

I've tried it and nothing's changed, I guess I'm extremely stingy already, I just don't buy useless stuff. I mean, I literally feel uncomfortable buying even a minor thing I don't urgently need. Like, I've never had a smartphone because can't make myself to buy one.