Why not join the Navy? They have computer shit...

Why not join the Navy? They have computer shit. I'm a CTT and I'm making a lot plus all the other benefits for being in the military.

navy.com/careers/information-and-technology

Other urls found in this thread:

militarybenefits.info/2017-military-pay-charts/
navy.com/careers/information-and-technology/aerographers-mate
youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs
youtube.com/watch?v=_m5PfKTwMFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stop shilling americunt military recruiter

In the navyyyy nanana nana na na mass in the navyyyyy

I don't like boats.

ymra eht nioj

If you do this, please go in with a bachelors... even if it's not related to the field you'll be working in. You get a lot more perks as an officer than if you join right out of high school.

If you join right out of high school, good fucking luck lol. They'll probably sell you sweet little lies and you'll find yourself being a boot licking faggot in Afghanistan doing NO IT work at all.

>making a lot
No you aren't military doesn't pay shit.

Also I'm borderline too old otherwise I'd almost consider joining the Navy cause it's not like I've got anything better to do.

What kind of position can I get with a BS, and 4 years of an aborted graduate degree? lol
Summa Cum Laude and straight 4.0 GPA all the way through.

It's shit.

Think about that one time you had that one shitty supervisor. Now imagine him being two times worst and having several of them. The military is full of shitty people with few options in life. If you must join the military, then at very least go in as officer.

t. former CTR

Military pays by the ranks

militarybenefits.info/2017-military-pay-charts/

I don't like boats.
I don't want to wear uniforms.
I'm not a patriot.

My life is already shit.

It can't be much worse

>The military is full of shitty people with few options in life.
Very true. I had a friend that fell for the Military = Patriotism/Comradery meme and he said that his time at VMI showed him how corrupt the military is. It's just a big lie and now, instead of going into the Army, he's going into the work force and being a productive individual.

Yes I know that and none of the ranks pay much until you get way up there, and even then private sector beats it, though you do get some nice bennies.

id rather do illegal shit on boats
Get paid more and have the same chance of dying

>though you do get some nice bennies
Aye. That really outweighs the pay. All you really have to pay for is internet and your phone bill.

I have a relative who joined the navy. He joined and went into a really comfy sounding cyber security job, but he was all "much morals" and left for an information career and is now working in the NSA with housing paid for. But if you join there is a 50/50 chance you'll end up working on a boat which is hell. When it comes to selecting your career you give them your top 5 careers (and there are probably 2-3 desirable computer fields) and they pick the one they need.

Also you can't be a fat neckbeard. But if your skinny as fuck you'll be fine.

heretic

>implying
recruiter pls go
we all know mil is just like civilian jobs but more shitty

What if you want to get into modeling and shit, like for meteorology or oceanography and whatnot? Surely the Navy does that shit, then maybe good transition to NOAA for better/comfier jerb?

that's because skinny fucks can be broken in and physically conditioned in only a month or two if even

Biggest problem about the military is that you can't do any drugs. That blows. That sucks dick.

navy.com/careers/information-and-technology/aerographers-mate

>Monitoring sea conditions. Analyzing meteorological data. Developing accurate forecasts for virtually any locale in the world. Aerographer’s Mates are Enlisted Sailors who do hands-on work that helps Navy Meteorologists and Oceanographers prepare Navy forces to succeed in any physical environment.

off time weed day when?

There are random UAs.

>enlisted
Nah, officer only plz. I have much education.
I'm just too lazy/unmotivated to find a real job.

>random UAs
I don't get it. Give the context, please.

There are random urine tests for drugs.

Take it from my experience
It is shit

Your entire contract is a pipe dream
>when you get out of bootcamp it gets better
>when you get out of A School and or C School it gets better
>when you get to the boat it gets better
>when you make E4 it gets better
>when you get a kush LPO job it gets better
>when you get your shore duty (if you do) it gets better
the only time it gets better is when you get your DD214
the entire premise of the US Navy ( and I assume other branches) is to make everyone else around you miserable because that is how
it was when you were at that point in your ((((((((career))))))))

Does anyone have any experience going in as an officer? How is it then? Obviously enlisted peasants are gonna have a hard time.

But what about educated folks?

Also I like the blue camo, bet I'd look sexy in it.

>being enlisted
Yeah well, no shit. I'm not military but from what I've heard being enlisted is like being a second class citizen compared to being an officer, but you're supposed to know that going in there signing up for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs

youtube.com/watch?v=_m5PfKTwMFY

No its cause the won't accept you if your over a certain weight

If you have a bachelors and you didn't do ROTC you will not go in as an officer. My father had a bachelors and stayed enlisted his entire career because a degree is a officers requirement not automatic acceptance.

I tried joining the navy 6 years ago. Went through meps, and they wanted me to take a pysch eval. They determined I was an alcoholic and depressed. Now I'm in my senior year for EE. still wouldn't mind doing something military/DoD related, but I'm guessing my failed recruitment will prevent any kind of security clearance.

Does the grad school not count for anything? I didn't graduate but still took tons of classes and shit lol.

Nice try buddy, already fell for that once with the army but now my ass is free.

Navy is for fags, you're not killing sandniggers like a real man. Join the army.

Yeah, that's why you don't tell them the fucking truth at meps you damn retard.

but the army sucks ass

And no, they don't give a fuck if it's legal.

Army is full of manly men. Real men ready to kill sandniggers, unlike the sodomites in the navy who just fuck around in a boat for months.

It'll be worse then you think but you sound like you'd fit in.

Sorry but i'm to smart for violence and serving to the elite. And to be american for that matter.

meant to reply to op fugg

Because that's like, helping the Man, which is, you know, kinda bad, dude.

why not so something else,
worthwhile

I have asthma so I can't join any military branch. Feelsbadman really wanted to join the Navy or Airforce

Literally the only benefit of joining is getting "free" education as well as the GI Bill. I got Sec+ and I could've got more certs for free but I'm not staying in. Don't go Officer unless you just want money they don't do actual IT work just supervise

if i have a double major in electrical communications engineering and computer science (the good one, not just java for days) what sort of jobs can i expect to get into in the navy (Australian)

>sodomites in the navy who just fuck around
Is this true or are you parroting shit your parents told you?

Nope

>ctt

sounds better than nuke. ive been in the navy for damn near 2 years and still never seen an actual ship. that reenlistment bonus is good though.

the people though? theyre all retarded

I thought about joining the military but when I went to talk to recruiters they all pushed the idea of an open contract i.e. you join and they own your ass AND THEN you get told what your job is.

No fucking way am I joining the military in peace time to get memed into becoming a cook or AC repair guy.

Maybe you can tell the higher ups open contracts are a fucking joke thanks.