Is this true?

Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/throttling-of-websites-and-online-services-might-help-customers-fcc-says/
web.archive.org/web/20160324050820/http://blog.level3.com/open-internet/observations-internet-middleman/
bgr.com/2016/01/02/us-internet-speeds-average/
dailycaller.com/2013/02/15/does-cable-really-have-a-97-profit-margin/
blog.streamingmedia.com/2014/02/media-botching-coverage-netflix-comcast-deal-getting-basics-wrong.html
blog.streamingmedia.com/2014/11/cogent-now-admits-slowed-netflixs-traffic-creating-fast-lane-slow-lane.html
fool.com/investing/general/2014/10/22/how-time-warner-cable-is-investing-billions-for-it.aspx
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/05/see-which-isps-google-microsoft-and-netflix-trade-internet-traffic-with/
gist.github.com/ryankearney/4146814
privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2016/12/comcast-still-uses-mitm-javascript-injection-serve-unwanted-ads-messages/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, builds competition

The exact opposite. Throttling competitors to already existing large businesses, because the large businesses have the money to pay up to be unthrottled suppresses competition.

Yes, it makes them consume bullshit slower and potentially makes them frustrated enough to actually fucking do something productive with their life.

Fucking this, sounds like a great cure for internet addiction.

If it is true the Orwellian double-speak is tailor made for the sheep that support ruining net neutrality. Haha muricans, this is your grave. You'll only realise when its too late.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/throttling-of-websites-and-online-services-might-help-customers-fcc-says/

Oh dear, America - you're fucked.

Someone needs to add what they really want: Comcast/Time Warner/Verizon VoD, blogs, social media, games, music, and email, while blocking everything else.

If monopolies weren't a thing and the free market could flourish so anyone can make their own IPS, this wouldn't be a problem.

yeah it might help me leave Sup Forums when hiro refuses to pay the ameri-ISPs their extortion fees

>"muh free market"
>in an industry where initial capital costs are by far the largest barrier to entry

The reason why it's so high is because monopolies made it that way.

Nice fake news.

>mom, i posted it again

>The existing no-throttling rule "bans the impairment or degradation of lawful Internet traffic or use of a non-harmful device, subject to reasonable network management practices," the NPRM says. "We seek comment on whether this rule is still necessary, particularly for smaller providers. How does the rule benefit consumers, and what are its costs? When is 'throttling' harmful to consumers? Does the no-throttling rule prevent providers from offering broadband Internet access service with differentiated prioritization that benefits consumers? Does the no-throttling rule harm latency-sensitive applications and content?"
>THE FCC SAID THROTTLING IS GOOD!!@@!@
>FUCK DRUMPFFFF!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

>When is 'throttling' harmful to consumers?
Different user, but that's just another way of saying it's a good thing without actually saying it.

>how IPS's would like the Internet to be
Discarded.

So is UPS having an overnight shipping option that you pay extra for also 'throttling'?

>Make shitty website out of my ORIGINAL IDEA DO NOT STEAL
>Back then i didn't have to pay artificial fees to compete against other websites
>Now you get fucked from the get go unless you're a big company already

What artificial fees? You mean to your ISP?

That's optional and it doesn't harm you in the end. Throttling is forced upon you.

It's paid prioritization. How is it any different than throttling?

>Does the no-throttling rule prevent providers from offering broadband Internet access service with differentiated prioritization that benefits consumers? Does the no-throttling rule harm latency-sensitive applications and content?"

Say hi to pic related. Removing neutrality is being spun as a benefit (to smaller providers! lol. before they're bought out). Enjoy muricans. Those that support this are either going to profit from it or are blind to the damage it will cause you.

>le reddit image

>monopolies made the cost of entry extremely high

>"I dont understand whats the big deal, just put up hundreds of miles of fiber, thousands of routers, and build expensive server farms to serve the customers. whats the cost?"

You realize google, GOOGLE, had to quit due to cost of infrastructure, right?

inb4 internet cables is the new roads

Name a single provider that wants to do that.

Again, you're comparing a diservice forced upon you to a benefit you can pay for if you wish to, but don't have to.

Sure dude, I'll just start my own mom and pop ISP when I don't like Spectrum's service anymore.

Regulation and laws against new ISPs would be a bigger thing to worry about.

All of them if they could get away with it.

because the internet doesnt work that way, faggot, it costs nothing to speed up the delivery of a network packet (to a degree, you know what I mean faggolio), but it costs a ton of jet fuel to overnight a package with UPS.

Providers are furiously masturbating to get that implemented.

Yes, internet is free. Everyone should get a gigabit connection for free. I mean it costs nothing to send electrons through wires already in the ground!

>just because it's not in front of me means it can't exist ever

Now name me a single cable provider that offers every single channel together (no tiers) for a single flat fee.

Nice source, faggots.

twc before they were separated from their parent company and bought by charter.

Comcast, see netflix.

The only difference is how the paperwork is set up in the background... both are corporations creating artificial scarcity using government-backed monopolies to jack up the price on something that society basically fucking runs on.

I'm getting the disservice of only getting regular shipping speed if I don't pay extra for overnight. It's extortion. It's literally another shoah.

Does UPS own mail-order stores?

ISPs are all owned by multimedia conglomerates who are in direct competition with each other and independent content makers. UPS gains nothing by throttling anyone to death since they don't have a horse in that race. ISPs do.

Completely wrong argument. Your mom Taquisha must have dropped you while in custody.

What about Comcast and Netflix? You mean those fake news articles paid for by Netflix lobbyists because Netflix was too cheap to increase their connection speeds to meet demand, and blamed it on Comcast?

>I would love to be forced to get much slower internet than what I usually get
Nobody ever said that, most people can shrug off waiting a few days extra for their amazon order.

>93% profit margins doesnt mean 100% profit margins, so it must cost the company something!
>Therefore, the consumer, content provider, and the website host has to pay out though the ass for that profit margin!

>it costs nothing to speed up the delivery of a network packet
Sure it doesn't. Let's give everyone unlimited internet speeds and see what happens.

So if they're not going to do it, what's the big deal with having the regulations in place?

Do you think that if net neutrality regulations were not in place, we'd have more competition in the ISP market? Do you think people are happy with their current internet service? More competition would be welcome as it is in the ISP world, the problem is that it has an insane barrier to entry.

Where's the proof that you're going to get much slower internet? All I see is ISPs using this opportunity to provide better service than the standard at a higher price for latency critical and important applications.

>implying
they are even working with the government to get it implemented and have been shooting at it from multiple angles. Ex: SOPA

You sure google didn't get constantly sued when trying to enter markets that had no compete clauses on all telephone lines issued by local and state governments?

Comcast had a revenue of $80 billion and a net income of $9 billion in 2016. Nice straw man.

>fake news
>$0.01 has been depositied in your comcast account

you realize they could have done all of the upgrading on their end? and that comcast was the one grinding it to a halt, and demanding netflix to pay for THEIR equipment? thats like you stopping your mom from sucking dick, and demanding payment to put the cock back into her mouth.

>better service than the standard at a higher price
American ISPs provide worse service at higher prices compared to other countries.

Why should Comcast do the upgrading for free? If you paid for a 10Mb/s connection, and now suddenly want 100Mb/s, are you going to demand your ISP give you that upgrade at no cost?

That's a fucking lie and you know it. The U.S is ahead of countries like France, Spain, and Germany in terms of average internet speed, and tied with the UK, despite having a much lower population density.

Just wait until they no longer have to serve rural areas.

because as a teir 1 isp, THAT'S THEIR JOB

go argue this with level 3 for fucks sake

web.archive.org/web/20160324050820/http://blog.level3.com/open-internet/observations-internet-middleman/

It's not a lie and I know it.

I paid Comcast so they can connect me to Netflix so I can watch their videos. Comcast throttles that connection even though I paid my bill. Who is wrong here?

Because the government gave them massive tax payers money with the Telecomunications act so they could improve their system but they got the money and didnt upgrade shit. They have to pay for it.

Just wait until they don't serve anyone but big companies! No internet for us!

>Why should Comcast do the upgrading for free
Because he'll say "fuck you, I'm going with instead!"
Oh wait, it's illegal for to offer service in Comcast areas. Oopsies.

Also the big name google contractors laying cable caused millions in damages to existing infrastructure. Lawsuits on lawsuits, plus google saw what they would have to deal with with their own lines eventually

You're actually retarded

No, you pay Comcast to connect you to the internet. It's not Comcast's fault that Netflix doesn't have enough bandwidth to serve their customers.

Fake news.
bgr.com/2016/01/02/us-internet-speeds-average/

Fake news.
dailycaller.com/2013/02/15/does-cable-really-have-a-97-profit-margin/

Fucking retard. He's saying that Comcast is throttling the connection, despite Netflix having sufficient bandwidth.

>And while that all sounds impressive, it’s worth noting that the U.S. as a whole still lags behind much of the world.
Damn, US internet really is shit, huh?

But they aren't, and Netflix did not have sufficient bandwidth. Stop reading fake news.
blog.streamingmedia.com/2014/02/media-botching-coverage-netflix-comcast-deal-getting-basics-wrong.html

>I dont read articles from companies who actually do what i am describing for a living

>says fake news
>links daily caller

>fake news
>bgr

That's funny because it's the tier 1 ISPs who are the ones actually throttling Netflix.
blog.streamingmedia.com/2014/11/cogent-now-admits-slowed-netflixs-traffic-creating-fast-lane-slow-lane.html

It's true. Most of bandwidth is used by plebeians streaming entertainment and other kinds of degeneracy through the internet. Those garbage ought to be throttled. Cutting these services of would be a service to the people addicted to them. I feel bad for those people, they should be helped.

>says fake news
>doesnt read source
All your source is saying is that TWC aint investing shit into their infrastructure in 2013

>Still, the United States only ranks 25 out of 39 nations in 2013, according to the FCC. It said the United States was behind many countries including France, Canada, Germany and Japan — but ahead of Brazil, Chile, Mexico, and Israel.

Americans are ahead of BR's at least. That's something to be proud of

Nice reading comprehension.
fool.com/investing/general/2014/10/22/how-time-warner-cable-is-investing-billions-for-it.aspx

>And Israel
Well, that's also something to be proud of, doing better than israel.

We can only hope that one day they throttle Sup Forums and we are released from this torment.

>corporate slave
>defending the dick that fuck them over

Except the U.S is now ahead of France, Germany, and Canada.

and is comcast a teir 1 provider?

if so, then yes, they absolutely are throttling netflix, and also added bonus, netflix is already paying them to do their fucking jobs

if not, then why the fuck is netflix paying comcast? they arent providing infrastructure to netflix.

Either way, you are retarded, and if you are a troll, I've got a nice image to show you.

Netflix was not paying Comcast. They are now paying Comcast because paying for a direct connection is cheaper than dealing with scummy middlemen like Level 3 and Congent. You could at least read the articles before posting and making yourself look like an idiot.

>fool.com/investing/general/2014/10/22/how-time-warner-cable-is-investing-billions-for-it.aspx
>litteral shill investor website

>$0.05 has been deposited into your Spectrum™ account

> (((You)))

And still behind a dozen other countries that don't have retarded legislators trying to let ISPs fuck you in the ass.

>scummy middlemen like Level 3 and Congent
>I litterally dont know how internet achitecture works

I bet you think that theres a direct connection from your ISP to google too.

They're behind countries like South Korea and Japan who have an extremely urbanized and dense population making it much cheaper and easier to lay cables.

Let's be real here. Most of internet is absolute waste of time and money. We need the isp to save us from this peril. If there was an isp that filtered all the useless time waste away, I would subscribe in a minute.

25mbs down costs $80/month here, and has a cap of 300GB. $30 extra/month for "unlimited". This is a major city, too, not bumblefuck nowhere. These companies will do anything as long as they can get away with it.

There is. Even the libtard news site you get your news from confirms it.
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/05/see-which-isps-google-microsoft-and-netflix-trade-internet-traffic-with/

>Most of internet is absolute waste of time
This is false. Unless you mean popular internet, such as social media. And regardless, it's arbitrary what is and isn't a "waste of time".

Interesting

but from the same article, retard
>"Content companies sometimes pay ISPs for direct connections, but this practice has been controversial of late. Netflix, which accounts for about a third of peak Internet traffic in North America, has secured free connections to some ISPs. But Comcast and Verizon asked Netflix to pay, which the company did under protest. "

I want an isp that filters away all the ads on a network level. Obama tried to make this illegal but thank god we are now saved.

>implying Sweden, Norway, and Finland have high population density compared to the US

>Obama tried to make this illegal but thank god we are now saved
Yep, thank god I can now get ads injected from my ISP instead!

gist.github.com/ryankearney/4146814

>Netflix somehow made deals with small local ISPs to let them peer unbalanced transit for free
>this means somehow that it's immoral for other companies to charge for it when that's how it has always worked

>not using HTTPS

oh, and just to add on as a PS, they are still doing it

privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2016/12/comcast-still-uses-mitm-javascript-injection-serve-unwanted-ads-messages/

Actually, that is exactly why google is pushing so hard for HTTPS, because Comcast and the likes are fucking them out of revenue.