/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LG rumored to release an LG G6 mini with 5.4" 18:9 FullVision display
technobuffalo.com/2017/04/27/lg-g6-mini/

Nokia's 3, 5, 6, and 3310 (2017) to be released in the UK by June
gsmarena.com/nokia_3_5_6_and_3310_2017_to_only_be_out_in_the_uk_in_june-news-24800.php

Blu R1 Plus smartphone now available for $140
liliputing.com/2017/04/blu-r1-plus-smartphone-now-available-140.html

ZUK Mobile is shutting down, all new devices will be named Lenovo Moto
gsmarena.com/zuk_mobile_is_shutting_down_all_new_devices_will_be_named_lenovo_moto-news-24742.php

Motorola Moto G4 Play currently going for $99 in US
gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g4_play_currently_going_for_99_in_us-news-24741.php

ZTE Blade MAX 3 launched with Snapdragon 625 SoC and 4,000mAh battery
gsmarena.com/zte_blade_max_3_launched_with_snapdragon_625_soc_and_4000mah_battery-news-24712.php

4,500mAh battery totting LG X power2 to be launched in June
gsmarena.com/4500mah_battery_totting_lg_x_power2_to_be_launched_in_june-news-24702.php

Galaxy S8 / S8+ Review
youtube.com/watch?v=C3Fw-oZEtVs

old

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/04/27/google-pixel-2-pixel-2-xl-pixel-2-xxl/#765fe9b837f3
ubergizmo.com/2017/04/john-mcafee-first-truly-private-smartphone/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jNrsHM9ATSM
github.com/MoKee/android
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off, saged and reported

What's the least curry Custom ROM for ZTE Axon 7
Lineage OS is ran by Currys

>LineageOS is run by curries
Since when? They main guy is white or a Jew, where the fuck do you see the main guy being a pisshead?

Well, whatever, I'm getting "Can't verify update". Fuck xiaomi.
I already have it unlocked. I have it rooted thought. Is that the problem?

felt a s8 and s8 plus in my hands today, they are really small compared to my s4. made for chinks i bet

android is inherently a curry os, and all its roms are even worse.

>yfw you're not an Americuck and don't have to buy phones on contract

>Proceeded by Curry Mod

Just got a S7 today, what OS should I install to rid myself of the bloat, and have fun customizing?
Lineage/Cyanogenmod?

ZTE Axon 7 or OP3T?

I really love the speakers from the Axon 7 but I like oxygen os.

I didn't either, just costs more. Worth it though. Sony is one of the only manufacturers that hasn't turned their devices into rounded off blobs so as not to scare off the Chinese

>CurryMod
Weren't the owners and those who contributed to the main product of CyanogenMod white? It was just poo in loos that we're making the ROMs work with the phones on XDA

Is the honor 8 the best ~5.2 inch US Android in the $300 range? Im pretty close to buying it.

Yeah, but they also got cucked by the Chinese into using their shitty Helio P SoCs

>at least they're white

When did I wander into Argentina?

It and the Xperia X at BandH Photo, yes

What's a good rom for the Le Max 2? CM can't make 911 and I've never heard of Mokee before. RR is apparently official, too, but isn't that just CM with tweaks?

>at least they're white
Never said that, your meme is shit

They aren't even decent white people. There is white trash and currys

Not the XZ/XZs/Premium, those are all snapdragons

Circle the "Currys" cause I see maybe one, but I see a spicy and two chinks with the rest proper Aryan programmers

When the hell is the 128GB Oneplus 3t going to be back in stock again?

Those arent going to get bought by the majority, the XA, XA1 and Ultra Variants will be the majority sold and their all Mediatek

So wait. The Mi6 has OIS again? I thought the sensor was too big to add it in.

And is it on both cameras?

>Aryan

Thanks. I'm just wondering why one would consider the Xperia x over the honor 8. The honor 8 seems superior in pretty much every way

Snapdragon in the Xperia X would allow for custom ROMs once Sony stops updates, and I'm pretty sure Honor 8 just got theirs but it's probably going to be the only one, and it's cheaper, but the Kirin SoC does have some balls and the camera setup works great, I also think the Honor has more storage

>butthurt fa/tv/irgin detected
I bet you're a filthy shitskin from Plebbit

when the OnePlus 5 is out.

Fuck off. I know that im whiter and skinner than you

Also /fa/ > Sup Forums

i enjoy my google pixel and don't mind being part of the botnet

no money deposited into my account, because i'm doing this for free

Bit touchy, eh sperg? Doubtful your whiter or "skinner" considering you're arguing about aryanism on a taiwanese basket weaving forum

Know your place shitskin

I do like the pixel but the screen looks smaller than my s4 does, plus no sd card slot.

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/04/27/google-pixel-2-pixel-2-xl-pixel-2-xxl/#765fe9b837f3

Pixel 2 xl looks sexy though.

oh and no dual sim.

I just don't believe that people with sub-human skin should be making such claims.
It is great to know that I live in a country that has a lot of whites and a town with around 10 sub-humans infesting it.
I know my place and it's no in the garbage. Unlike someones.

Also
>calls me out for arguing about ararynism
>is doing the same
How bitter

Google whores need to leave.

Sup Forums is better than this.

Yo legit question:

WHY THE FUCK would John McAfee make a privacy and security based smartphone with Google and Android?!! Is this nigger smoking crack? ubergizmo.com/2017/04/john-mcafee-first-truly-private-smartphone/

>Is this nigger smoking crack?
That's actually pretty likely, to be honest.

>unironic racism
>on a supposedly enlightened board

Welp, back to /lit/. At least their shitters are intellectual.

You pay a lot more for phones and love in tiny areas all while paying more for everything in general
You lives are shit
t. Someone whose lived on the other side and came back

>calling your phone the "John McAfee Privacy Phone"

Is this nigger real?

Well nothing is stopping him from putting Android on it with none of Google's play services built in, that in a nutshell is what Amazon fire devices are. He just can't call it Android and nobody will buy it because there won't be any apps that people care about.

Are there alternatives to Android and Apple?

Besides the John McAfee Autism Phone?

>enlightened
>Sup Forums
>/lit/
Holy fuck. Have you even looked at all the threads on Sup Forums right now? It doesn't take a brain to see that this board is full of children and idiots.

Also /lit/ isn't smart either. They fall for lurid literature because that's what (((they))) push, they also think Ayn Rand is worthy of having a mark in history, which Is a joke. You seem to be ever so smart so I know you don't think that!!! Right? Am I doing it right? Do you know I'm smart now because I browsed /lit/?

not him but i'll tell you you're as smart as you want me to say if you suck my dick

I own a BB Passport, which is the best phone ever made. Seriously.

Deal

>implying

Never said Sup Forums was enlightened, notice the "supposedly." Though they are compared to fucking Sup Forums or something.

Never said /lit/ was smart either, but they're better than Sup Forums.

>all my previous relationships

It's only better because there are less people. So there are less posts. Meaning there will be less idiots posting.

A realtor ship isn't getting your bepis sucked and left

Stock-ish Android I guess. And the brand recognition

Superman is the only usable one, every other rom either breaks something important like fingerprint scan/camera quality, drains battery like crazy or is insanely slow, thankfully superman allows dualboot in case you wanna test the newest pajeet build or whatever.

DO NOT FUCK AROUND WITH KERNELS, they're not stable yet, i learned the hard way, thankfully i tried this shit literally a day after i bought the phone and after making up some stupid story (i was just browsing normalfagbook when it suddenly broke) to the goys who sold me the phone they let me swap it for another one, can't go back to the store because they most likely already found out i scammed them though.

What rom should I get for a redmi note 4?

150~200$ best budget chinkphone?

like:
- camera
- build quality

What country?

Brazil. We pay 60$ in tax when buying phones outside the country

Trading my LeEco Le Pro 3 for my gf's ZTE Axon Pro. Would you do the same? Reasons not to switch?

Damn, I'd say go the chinkphone route
Just double check the bands of your provider against the phones you can get in your range

>reason not to switch
The Le Eco has the SD820, the Axon Pro has the 810 which is a known boiler
>reason to switch
Only for the DAC, but you need headphones because the Axon Pro only has one forward facing speaker unlike the Axon 7

I might be outta the loop on this so correct me if I'm wrong, but has android gotten lighter with Nougat? Cause I have an Honor 7 Lite, and going from EMUI 4.1.2 to EMUI 5.0 has made everything snappier, games run a tiny bit smoother and in general apps load faster. Or was EMUI 4.1.2 heavy and Huawei finally got their act together? Whatever it is, if this is uncommon like I think it is, and updating android should make old hardware slower instead of faster then Huawei just won me as a customer.

>Boiler
Explain

Use your brain
The shit gets hot muh dude, also no USB-C goodness with CDLA and I just rechecked and it's got the SD821 and quick charge 3

Yeah no don't trade that Pro 3

Pixel XL is best phone.

Pixel would've been best phone if the resolution wasn't shitty outdated 1080p.

Performance wise it cannot be beat. Sorry poorfags.

I'm seriously thinking about getting one to fuck around.

You as aren't forced to do this in America. All of my phones are unlocked and off contract.

I'd go with Zuk Z2.

It's camera is not much but the best you can get for the price range. Better than the camera on LeEco phones and you can be sure that it will get updates.

Can these run F-Droid?

Buy an S8+, or s8 if manlet hands
Be less autistic

I was thinking of getting a s8+ but I can't see myself spending $1350 aud on a phone to text gf. LineageOS on my s4 works just as good.

phone is nothing special except the screen which looks really nice despite the stupid ass size and curvature on the edges. I still don't understand why people is saying the phone is great. Also the fingerprint reader is the most retarded shit ever, product of failed engineers at Samsung that could not meet a fucking deadline.

When the 128GB Oneplus 3t will be back in stock

I actually don't mind where it is, It could have been in a better spot, yes. But I can easily reach it with one hand on the phone. I think iPhone users are the only ones bitching about the placement.

And yea the phone isn't worth the $ they are asking for, I am happy to keep my S4 for a while until it actually dies instead of slowing down to complete shit like it is now.

I bought a Lenovo P2 a week ago. How bad have I fucked up?

Are the Wileyfox phones worth buying if you're on a budget? I hear mixed reviews on them.

I just want a phone with good battery, screen quality, consistent and reliable performance.

I only use my phone for satnav, few games and the usual social media apps and Web browsing. Not too fussed by camera so willing to drop points there.

Best budget phone (sub $250) that supports root and SD cards?
Someone posted about the ZTE Blade V8 but the bootloader is locked so no root ;_;

Bonus points for supporting 5GHz wireless and having a decent camera

>It was just poo in loos that we're making the ROMs work with the phones on XDA
That's given them too much credit. Most simply modify the stock rom and add in shitty hacks like 3minit battery, v4a and exposed.

r8 my battery

Seconding this

Can you elaborate? What are the pros and cons of not having Android/ios in?

I just got the S8+ after getting tired of my iphone 6 battery life.

>android finally feels fast enough for my OCD autism not to get triggered
>"samsung sexperience" is trimmed down
>feels like the rom is chinese
>carmageddon plays well
>the display is great
>always on display is really weird, always think the phone is on and press the power button to turn it of to then realize i turned it on
>amazing to see no ghosting what so ever
>my old iphone looks hazy in comparison
>have to take of glasses to get iris scanner to work
>fingerprint sensor placement is shit
>calling quality is normal
>single bottom speaker, not shit, not great
>camera is really good
>feels great in the hand
>finally i feel like i live in 2017

Are Lenovo phones really that bad or is this just a meme?

I know the newer moto series are a step down from the older models. But in general are Lenovo a goos brand just not spectacular, i.e. you get what you pay for?

I cracked my phone screen and now my screen is black. I can still unlock my phone and receive calls but the display is just gone. Is there any way i can screen cast my android phone to my Desktop without having to install something on my phone. .

There are some cables that let you connect your phone via hdmi to a TV

I believe they are called mhl adapter

>requesting purchasing advice

>Reason: Previous phone (3 year old Oneplus One) broke in half.
>Country: India
>Budget: Less than INR 17k (~$270)
>Other criteria: None

My usage is predominantly calling, messaging, browsing and checking my mail, listening to music and occasional video calling. I'm NOT in urgent need of a smartphone and can postpone my purchase a bit if there are any better models likely to be released in the near future. Any advice Sup Forumsizmo Sup Forumsods? Thanks in advance.

>but it uses the same camera as the S7 guise, pr-pr-pr-promise
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jNrsHM9ATSM
chinknovo strikes again

Mokee if youre cool with ching ching open source

It's pretty nice. And they sell them at best buy brick and mortar locations, feels so good to buy unlocked phones there, you can watch all the carrier cucks stand in line while you check out immediately

It's mostly EMUI being shit pre-Nougat. The 5.0 update improved it a lot.

Why the fuck would you need a 1440p display on a 5" screen?

>you can be sure that it will get updates
Expect that Lenovo is closing ZUK down

Moto G5 Plus or Honor 6X

Will update TOS111B fuck up my Wileyfox Swift?
thanks

my fucking s7 wont charge after being washed under running water and my home button has gotten soft and unresponsive, any help?

Mokee is a Chinese CyanogenMod, basically
github.com/MoKee/android
It works pretty well for me on le Max 2. If it's got shady shit bundled in they're hiding it pretty well, I haven't come across anything suspicious

What's the most powerful phone on the market in terms of sheer power? I want my cock to feel bigger than it actually is and thus need a powerful phone.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Moto G5 Plus, Honor 6X, Lenovo P2. There's also the new Nokia phones launching in June

I'm hearing rumours that Moto phones won't get fast updates because Lenovo took over. Is it true? Will it affect my experience in any way?

iPhone 7 plus if antutu is to be believed

>complaining about people saying things you don't like
>on a site primarily used by people who think this way due to it's freedom of speech.

Which android phone does get fast updates anymore, other than the Pixel and Nexus phones?

I think Moto G got updates just as fast as them. But now that they're saying it's going to get delayed i'm kinda sceptical. Not sure though.

Thank you very much. I'm leaning towards the moto G5 plus too because i'm not too keen on spending big bucks for phones.