Why aren't you using emacs?

Why aren't you using emacs?

I don't want to learn Lisp. It's like 1000 pages book

I am, but I worry about RSI.

I got tired of lisp

Why is the Emacs logo the Islamic symbol for Allah?

wtf I love emacs now

Vim is way more extensible than emacs

I am using spacemacs

Because it's fucking garbage.

MicroGnuEmacs master race.

Because if I wanted to use software that goes against every usability rule ever made, I'd do that for a reason other than being a wannabe 1337 haxxorer.

Bullshit. Just look at the trash that is vimscript.
Elisp is far better extensions

Although it provides features that aren't available to Neovim, Neovim also provides features unavailable on Emacs. Since I know Neovim better than I know Emacs I use Neovim.

I'm not an applefag

because Vim is a thing

I use it almost every day.
It's one of the best programmes ever written.

Why should I choose emacs instead of vim?

I use visual studio. there is no need of anything else

Actually both are trash tier for extensions. However, emacs has finally a native plugin interface, making it minimally superior.

Vim is a lightweight text editor with a very efficient editing model and a simple language for extensions.

Emacs is a fully featured lisp environment whose basic interface is the buffer of text. Almost all editing capabilities are implemented in lisp and can be inspected or modified by the user at runtime. Vim can be emulated within Emacs extremely faithfully and many people use it like this.

Because I prefer Visual Studio.

But I do use Emacs

because I have vim and kate.

Besides, using emacs is like fingerbanging a retarded chick. It doesn't respond to anyt logical fingering combinations and you can't ever remember the finger combinations to make something happen so you keep trying different shit in the hopes that your random finger banging will eventually lead you to something good.

mg is fucking pointless, mine-as well just use nano

>visual-studio

fucking bait.

Long time vim user currently having a go at spacemacs because org-mode. While plug in infrastructure, mode system etc are more well thought out, vim is just better as a simple editor. Lots of small details are simply better to use and can be configured easily with sane options.

I don't think I can ever fully get into chaining commands in the traditional emacs way, not after more than ten years of vim almost daily. It just feels wrong.

I tried it yesterday when you guys recommended it and I can't even type ññññ. I guess that's what I get if it is maintained for a operating system that considers locales harmful and insecure.

I'd love to but its far too intimidating

im not a fucking faggot

I only have 10 fingers

Because it's utter shit

Mg's great for when you already are used to Emacs keybindings.

Because I'm not a cock gobbling faggot who goes to Portland State.

I used emacs back in the 1980s. Then I grew up.

Windows ports fucking suck ass.

> what is Codeblocks

Something that apparently has only nightly versions.

I don't mind emacs, but it's useless for editing random conf files or any other casual text editing because I have to open a new X window or switch to the current one and do what I have to do and save and close the buffer and go back to my console and shit. It's just dumb.

Vim is better for those things, and since I basically have to use vim for that, I might as well not maintain two different sets of keybinds in my head and just use vim for programming and writing too, since it can be made to have 95% of the functionality in like 5 minutes.

I don't feel like buying pedals.

>but it's useless for editing random conf files or any other casual text editing because I have to open a new X window
Have you considered not opening a X11 window?

>not using the deldo

>emacsclient

Because I fell for the meme.

I've tried both opening a new emacs with emacs -nw and using emacsclient for the existing window and both are inconvenient. Running emacs in a terminal messes with some keybinds for example (also my terminal emulator captures some keys for its own keybinds that I use much more often than emacs in a terminal)

emacsclient would be okay but I use a tiling wm so I never see the actual emacs window if I'm not working on it, so doing emacsclient makes me have to switch away from the space I'm on to go to emacs which is sort of uncomfortable

vim always has been and always will be the true masterrace of text editors.

i dont want my text editor to be an operating system chump

I have it installed, but even with evil mode it feels a bit scary.

i prefer writing code on a text editor, not an operating system wannabe.

wonderful analogy

Because every argument in favor of emacs starts with
>Well, you should go ahead and learn vim first...

Surely you're asking why they used the Emacs logo as a symbol for Allah.

I didn't know Emacs had been around that long? If that's the case then yes that's what I'm asking.

Because i already have operating system and i need just a text editor. (vscode)

It's curious you asked OP, I'm beginning to use it right now!

I'm currently looking for a subtitute for Atom-editor because for some reason, it started to be slow as fuck. Considered , but I want something FOSS.

My main concern is being able to see two files at once, and having the file structure on the left. Also, multifile search.

I understand that my requirements can be fulfilled with both, but I'm genuinely curious.

Mierda.

If it messes with the locale, I'll have problems with the computer I use at work.