SSD Filesystem

what fs should i use? is F2FS worth it? should i just go for ext4?

ext4

ext4

ext4

FAT12

Not OP but is f2fs useful for SD card for something like /tmp? I have access to shit tons of cheap SD cards

ZFS

SD cards still won't like lots and lots of small writes, but they don't have TRIM (opposed to SSDs), so using a flash specific file system can help preserve the longevity of the sd card.
On an SSD I don't think F2FS will help alot.

>something like /tmp
Use a ramdisk. /tmp is meant to be empty at boot. Limit it and let it swap if you're worried it'll grow.

What's that? You're fat and 12? Time to leave, faggot.

murderfs or zfs

All the cool kids use bcachefs now.

>murderfs

ext4

i'm using journal-less ext4 on zram for my /tmp

go with btrfs and use snapshots/subvolume and never have an issue with breaking shit.

This right here.

XFS with deadline I/O scheduler

Unless you have ecc memory, btrfs. Learn about subvolumes and snapshots, they're incredibly useful tools (also available on zfs)

My root is a subvolume and my mounts look like
>rw,noatime,compress=lzo,ssd,discard,space_cache,subvolid=259,subvol=/system/fakeroot

also use a kernel using BFQ

f2fs is for things that don't do their own wear-leveling.

btrfs

ext4

Red Hat has upstream maintainers of LVM and XFS, and developers experienced with XFS
and extX. I don't expect Btrfs upstream to ever say "it's ready for Linux desktop" as their track record is for downstreams to make their own choices including what Btrfs features to support.

This

ZFS is basically the best fs available. It's got a lot of features that you didn't know you wanted untill you have them while also being reliable as fuck.

Thanks to the lz4 compression on the whole pool things like vm's are basically 33% smaller while compressing and decompressing faster then the speed of my ssd making the speed of the vm disks 50% faster in use.

That's just one example of the greatness of ZFS. It truly is the fs of the future.

Check btrfs's irc channel before jumping in the sinking ship.

Is F2FS ready for / yet?

I don't care if it's btrfs or zfs but using a FS without snapshots on root in 2017? Literally kill yourself.