Is Manjaro Linux (Arch distro for newbies) good?

Is Manjaro Linux (Arch distro for newbies) good?
What is your opinion about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

swagarch.github.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ARCH>Antergos>Manjaro

Windows 7 > Debian >>>>>>> anything else

Manjaro is slightly more stable.

macOS > arch > shit > *

Arch>Antergos>KDEneon>Manjaro

(if you have laptop with multi-gpu than KDE neon is best (because easy nvidia driver installation ))

Install arch through command line, it's good practice and teaches you a lot about GNU/Linux. Though, i'll admit, when I wanna reinstall arch I just use Antergos.

The whole point of Arch is that it's the 1334 distro not the n00b distro

im poorfag i dont have money for macbooks and stuf
(but mby someday i buy macbook and test macos(but with that money i will probably buy razer blade )
same here, i just remove antergos repos and edit os-release file so Sup Forumsfags dont bother me

Tried to install xfce version, said grub can't boot because missing files, zero result on google, even checked the sha1, tried with multiple tools but no luck.
So I installed lubuntu

Manjaro is great. There is no difference between it and Arch, other than Manjaro takes 30 seconds to install.

The 14 year old script kiddies that think copying and pasting bash scripts off of the Arch wiki makes them l337 will say otherwise.

i used manjaro and antegros and pure arch
and gues what is with boot times :

arch 5s
manjaro 25-30s (yes in EFI mode)
antergos 7s

I used it for a while and I liked some the default configurations for some of the versions, for the most part it's just Arch but with arbitrarily delayed updates. You also get to enjoy stupid shit like mhwd handling your graphics drivers, which led me to just try Antergos when I tried to deal with it continually shitting itself over trying to use Nvidia drivers on my T410.

Given that other justwerks installers don't have the less than stable additions, I don't see myself going back to Manjaro when Antergos gives me an automated Arch install and a sensible default configuration and there's little more I could want of it.

The best distro if you have optimus hybrid laptop

It only teaches you how to install Arch. That's it.

I used to hate Manjaro, but they actually have pretty good support for Arch setups without systemd.

if you are totally new to linux get ubuntu
then get manjaro or mint, they are about equal and is just personal preference

Runs like shit on my machine. Screen tearing and lag everywhere. Ubuntu doesn't have this problem

Yes

Your fonts look like shit.

>said confused archfag and them went to reinstall his system again

No, without memeing, Ubuntu is the best for newcomers.

It has a lot more support, and it's backed by a professional organization that's actively trying its best to make a pleasant experience for the end-user.

Manjaro by comparison is just an amateur project maintained by volunteers.

For a newcomer, the #1 choice is probably Funtoo.

It's built on Gentoo but it's extremely user-friendly. And it has the best support for games, hence the name "fun"too.

Probably the best noob Linux distro with the absolute best support for games. I have yet to try a Windows game that did not run on Funtoo.

I'd recommend you to use antergos over manjaro

the Manjaro team couldn't renew a TLS certificate for their website and had a retarded workaround that involved rewinding your system clock

try installing Arch using pic related flow chart, the ArchWiki is pretty dogshit and confusing

if you're too retarded to follow that and still want pacman, use Antergos as they seem to be way more competent and have less bloat installed

haha yeah bro that fag's gotta install cool anime hacker fonts lol

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>and it's backed by a professional organization that's actively trying its best to make a pleasant experience for the end-user.
he says as 16.04 is a smoldering pile of shit

It's definitely better than Arch or Antergos for newer users since it come pre installed with more stuff that is a pain to configure on Arch.
I've also noticed Manajro repos contain many packages that are from AUR (compiz, Wine with Gallium nine patch, MDM).
Mannaro also has some nifty GUI and CLI software to deal with drivers and kernels.

I always liked it and came back to it. The default install is visually atrocious for my taste but configuring it isn't too hard. It isn't as friendly as Ubuntu since it doesn't have a "software store" but pamac works well enough for managing stuff. Never broke on me without it being my fault.
First few times had issues booting becauseby default the retarded installer used a hybrid Intel + AMD GPU driver that didn't work on my GPU because it was last updated in 2014. Either disabling my I integrated GPU or doing a CLI based install and then replacing the driver with the regular AMD one worked for me.

This was the second worst piece of shit distro I've ever installed.

The absolute worst was fucking Solus

Manjaro > arch lmao

>he thinks understanding your system is for script kiddies
Sup Forumsfags need to fucking die

POSER

>razer blade
>arch

My neetsense is tingling

Summer is coming

Nothing useful is in the ((((software store))) anyway.

Ahh the same old TLS argument. The developer who's name that cert is gone. Won't happen again. So far we can categorize 2 arguments against Manjaro: It's not Arch, and it's not Ubuntu. That's it.

when Arch is easy to install and the Manjaro devs seem to be retarded, seems like my argument is quite valid

I had nothing but stability problems with Manjaro on multiple PCs. Xubuntu is almost perfect, it just werks.

Im using it right now. Only issues I had were quick one line fixes, or installing compton.

They have a nice preconfigured environment thats easy to work with. I tried Arch, it's just a waste of time for me. The easy Arch meme is just elitism.

> easy nvidia driver installation
It's easy anywhere, especially in debian-like (Ubuntu, Debian, Mint)

But it is easy. All it takes is to follow directions. It's just as easy as following a recipe for pancakes or something.

It's pointless. Installing it is the easy part, configuration will be difficult for anyone not already an advanced user. Just getting Pamac is a pain. Arch is for developers. Are you a developer? Is the question anyone should ask before wasting time on Arch.

Buntu is still on Mesa 14 so they can just go fuck off.

Install Gentoo.

it seems cool, might be the first distro I try
is manjaro/arch known for widest choice of software?

AUR is pretty godly, no other distro really offers the options except for Gentoo, which is not for you.

better than arch at least

Love it yet, good for people moving from Debian 8 like me. Good alternative but I am problems to install it on my hardware, VM goes well however

swag arch.... far less bloat than manjaro and a no brainer to install. swagarch.github.io/

>Manjaro

what a gay name. I wouldn't use it for that reason alone

pretty good. you're only a few days behind bleeding edge.

Literally just a shittier version of antergos which is ez install arch

You're an idiot. Learning where the base of the operating system goes, Linux Swap drives, what a display manager and a desktop environment is, etc.

If you guys use notebooks.
Blank screen on lid close is a problem on lightlocker, possibly when interacting with compton.
Remove lightlocker and install other locker such as xscreensaver to fix.