Fpbp

>DirectX 12
useless piece of junk

>MORE CORES AND VRAM

>DirectX 12 is never coming to Windows XP

>DirectX 12 is never coming to Windows 98

>DirectX 12 is never coming to MS DOS

MOAR CORES

He said, ignoring the fact that it's being adopted faster than any other API before it as hard as he can.

>D-Direct X 11 is all we ever really need!
Get out of the thread, Jensen.

And no games are coming to DirectX 12.

V U L K A N
U
L
K
A
N

Huang-san, I need better drivers for my 1070. Also pls no botnet.

/thread

Microsoft makes games, and why would they not make them in DX12?

Like Quantum Break?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

>using a botnet graphics API

Halo Wars 2

Vulkan has a higher adoption rate at this point.

Gears of War 4 is DX12 EXCLUSIVE.

neither xp nor 98 nor ms dos
are the same as
7 8 8,1 and 10
meanwhile the above are absolutely the same on a basic level which means the only reason dx12 is not on the previous ones is ms being a bitch

You can't find shittier games than these, even if you try to do so.

KEK

Gears
Gears
Halo
Halo
Forza
Forza

It's gonna be a situation where vulkan will support games on all platforms, but if you use windows 10 you not only get all vulkan games but also all dx12 games

There will be more vulkan games but everyone will still use winblows to have the dx12 exclusive games as well

They did it with Halo 2 as well

Want to play Halo 2? Install Vista

You do realise most games are complete shit nowadays. Among the newer ones the only worth playing are RotTR and DOOM.

>hurr i know better than an entire corporation with 30 years of practice
>my opinion > anyone else's

>hurr being a corporation with 30 years of experience in shit is worth anything
you are retarded
and it's obviously not like microsoft wants to support 7
they actively try to get rid of everything that is not 10

>it is better for a company to push their latest product rather than supporting outdated ones decade later
more news at eleven

>upcoming games
>none
hmmm?

there is a difference between blatant gimping and not supporting

Nice try, nutella.

>DirectX 12 is never coming to MS DOS

MS-DOS already have direct hw access

wew, time to get my tinfoil fedora on then, microsoft is gimping old operating systems because they're not receiving the same care as the current one, simply groundbreaking, user

>is the same under the hood
>magically not compatible with dx12
>dx12 doesn't have anything that would warrant exclusion especially seeing how 10 == 7 in everything but tweaks
>implying the same does not happen all the time and implying them retrofitting telemetry is not gimping

fuck of

Doesn't really matter.
If you know what you're doing you might gain an additional 20% performance, if you don't you'll lose 20% (compared to DX11).

Microsoft literally blocks Windows 7 updates on new hardware. The block can be bypassed and updates can be installed as usual.
You can not tell me that's not deliberate gimping.

explain dx12 vs 11

From what I've heard dx12 is basically. dx11 v.2

DX12 offers more direct access to GPU thus enabling better performance.
At least that's the idea, in real word it barely makes any difference.

DX12/Vulcan takes a lot of management out of the hands of the GPU driver and puts it in the hand of the software instead. This cuts out a layer of overhead, particularly on the CPU side.

>in real word it barely makes any difference
Not entirely correct - see the Vulcan vs. OGL benches for Doom on AMD hardware.

Thankfully Vulkan is supported for Windows 7.

>20 games
>only fucking 20 games
wew

>vulkan
dx12 is microshafts trump card for forcing users to migrate to their botnet OS
thank god for alternatives.

Correct. Consider suicide.

why are you using an outdated version of windows

directx is dead.

amd
trying to push core to limit

intel
trying best to jew you

A shame that the OS it only works on kills those performance gains.
Sure they'll fixe all those fucked up issues with W10.1 or W11 in three years but then DX13 will come soon after on W12 to refuck the perf gains.
I wonder how many times will M$ pull that shit before people starts getting angry.

>>i know better than a corporation with 30 years of practice
>10 == 7
God, you're more than stupid.
>retrofitting telemetry is gimping
>M-muh privacy! Who cares if this allows them to collect infinitely more crash and stability reports, they don't need any of that, all they care about is the kind of animu that I watch, fuck the CIA am I right?

The only good games in there also have dx11 support

Who the fuck cares about DX12 anyway? DX11 is all you need.

they claimed it was a dx10 game to push vista, but halo2 was still a dx8.1 game, owing to the fact it was an xbox port
people found a way to get it running on XP pretty quickly

>the only exclusives are from microsoft studios
where have i seen this before? reminds me of how they tried to push vista using dx10, but nobody cared and kept making dx9 support because everyone wanted to stick with xp

>directx is dead.
that's not how you spell opengl user

Why not use Windows 10 LTSB then?

>no store, cortana, edge, other bundled crapware apps
>no "feature" updates, only security updates
>no telemetry (or at least less telemetry than windows 7 and 10)
>no activation required, windows is perfectly functional now without activation

>howtogeek.com/273824/windows-10-without-the-cruft-windows-10-ltsb-explained/

I'm not saying that Windows 10 is a good OS, I don't use it myself, but if you want games and dx12 LTSB seems like it is the perfect solution with modern hardware support (unlike Windows 7) and with none of the drawbacks of Windows 10 home and pro or Windows 7

there's so many things wrong with LTSB i suggest you read some fuckin literature

>being this ignorant

>DirectX 12 is never coming to Windows 8.1

yes but unlike with XP, half of win10 users were forcefully "upgraded" to 10, in a virus like manner

No one even cares.

Vulkan is BTFO'ing DX12 as we speak. Enjoy your lower frames compared to DX11. Also sage

i would prefer you spoonfeed me

weak b8

>Quantum Break
lel, they had to port it to steam at the end and frankly, the DX11 version performs better or same as the DX12 version.
DX12 is a joke, period.

That was brutal.
Pajeet chills on suicide watch.

>meanwhile the above are absolutely the same on a basic level which means the only reason dx12 is not on the previous ones is ms being a bitch

If you believe this it only shows how ignorant you are. Vista, 7 and 8 are pretty similar as they are all Win NT 6.* , but Win 10 is a whole new version. And one of the major changes is to the graphics. Not only DX12 is new but WDDM 2.0 which is tightly integrated in the OS and of which DX12 is dependent. They cannot simply make DX12 for Windows 7 or 8 without making huge changes to the OS itself, which would be an enormous waste of time since those OSes are basically deprecated.

Based on what little I've seen in Total Warhammer, DX12 really isn't much of a performance boost anyway. Quite the contrary it seems to be doing quite a bit worse.

>win10 is a whole new version
>believing that Microsoft didn't go into ver.txt and changed it because people were bitching at it before this

It's fine, only microshit internal studios are making dx12 exclusive games. The only one decent we're missing out on is FH3, I might even get a dualboot w10 to pirate it.

t. staying on W7 indefinitely

>ignoring the rest of my post where I explain why this is not the case

>Vulcan vs. OGL
not DX12

I rolled back to win 8.1
There were 3 games that I tried with DX12. All performed worse and had bizarre glitches/crashes. Hitman would actually BSOD my PC for no apparent reason.

Vulkan is the one you'll want to be looking out for. DX12 is exactly what I predicted. Another DX10 that was obsolete on release and will phase out very quickly.

LTSB shits the bed when playing Denuvo games or any Microsoft store games.
Also graphics drivers are months behind due to lack of compatibility/no creator's update.