Code color schemes

is anyone else crazy about color schemes when writing code? i think i only recently got interested in that. I'm familiar with solarized, what are some other based color schemes?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/11111000000/tao-theme-emacs
github.com/franksn/omtose-phellack-theme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IR_Black, default Visual Studio (Light and Dark), Aquamarine for vim, neon for emacs, starry for VSCode, and tons of others

VisualStudio variants are nice
Also Breeze Dark for Kate

and the colorscheme can make me hate or like a programming language actually, thats weird. It also changes my first impression of a code base.

Yes i feel the same way. For me its very important that the IDE i am using highlights code in different colors.

i feel this hard core. live in the midwest, grey all winter. then i started playing with the colors in IntelliJ to make them brighter, particularly warmer and i found that the code was suddenly very stimulating and enjoyable to look at

IMHO the default Intellij colorschemes are horrible haha. Yeah at work, if its warm, I use a dark theme, and if its cold for some reason the white theme feels better. It depends of the mood I guess

I've started to hate excessive syntax highlighting.
Right now I'm using a beige background, black text for everything except comments which are a greenish color.

Syntax highlighting is clutter. I use light grey text on a dark grey background and only comments and strings have a different color.

I do the same for C but also highlight syscalls and macros

I tried like 30 of them, made my own a few times but always end up going back to Lucius

pic related

patrician

gruvbox is a neat colorscheme

thxu for putting a tex on imaeg

I use plain black text on white/lightgray with no syntax highlighting.
Even when programming in C syntax just gets in the way.

ITT GUI using numale faggots

i do exactly the same!

You use cat and sed only? Or do you just fail to understand what a gui is?

Fucking this

thats more or less the Starry theme. Evolve, user-kun!

I don't need to install a theme in order to set up four syntax highlight groups in neovim. I can do that directly into my conf.

Neovim? You're such a hipster

No, I'm a guy who prefers community-maintained projects instead of bdfl projects. I'm a guy who enjoys actually well-designed async apis and not the shit show Vim8 has.
There's really no reason to choose Vim over Neovim. There are a few reasons to choose Neovim over Vim.

Can I install neovim like any other Windows GUI application yet, and integrate it to the explorer? (like right click on folder, "open in NeoVim")

>not restricting your pallet to colors that only contain Fs and 0s
scub pleebs, all of you

Yup, just install neovim core and neovim-qt. I don't really know how integrating Vim or Neovim into window's UI works though.
But you really should install a better operating system instead.

Nord colorscheme

I did my time on Linux and work/school forces me to use Windows anyway. Alright I'll have a look into the QT version, thanks user

>CancerScript

just took it from the internet that's not my code.

>Breeze Dark

my nigga, pic related

Alright. There is a trend in text editor colorschemes, most of them are only tested with JS and web stuff. I
m talking about VSCode mostly, and the editor is getting better and better with non web stuff so... yeah I don't get it

Solarized light strate works for me.

but this is green

enjoy your eye cancer

looks black to me m8

Fucking meme images m8

Used to use Brogrammer a lot with Sublime at work.

Got sick of it eventually, but it looks nice and makes everything super-cleasr

make ur own

Oceanic Next with Operator Mono's gorgeous italics

I'm a little disgusted.

I like it a lot for comments as opposed to the forced obliques that most fonts render as

>gorgeous italics
No.

What the fuck.
l, s and r don't fit that font at all.

could you link me to the theme, user?

gruvbox is the only one that works for me.

One Dark is my go-to color scheme at the moment

Enlightened is nice if you enjoy vibrant colors

What color scheme does spacemacs use?

Too much syntax highlighting gives me a headache. It's much better to use minimal colour supplemented with varying font faces than the fruitsalad most themes resemble. Most of the time I use either Tao[1] or the soft version of omtose-phellack[2]

[1] github.com/11111000000/tao-theme-emacs
[2] github.com/franksn/omtose-phellack-theme

spacemacs-theme. The light version is pretty nice.

>how is that duplicate decl
Line 3, you ape-man-tard-beast.

this thread's making me reconsider zenburn

solarized dark is the ONLY acceptable color scheme.

think its called Seahorse

Default ISE is best
Notepad ++ only auto colors some
Now what?

>omtose-phellack
Are you a filthy Jhagut?

same thing happens on my monitor super weird

All depends. I like to switch between different syntax highlighting in sublime. All depends on what I'm focused on and what I'm looking for.

Pascal highlighting is pretty gud for php/html or any time you're looking to dull stuff inside {} functions
>pic related

my nigger, the only thing annoyin in this cs is the background (prefer less saturated). luckily you can change it easily