Im about to buy a RasPI Zero, however i just looked it up and it seems to be really underpowered, even for simple tasks

Im about to buy a RasPI Zero, however i just looked it up and it seems to be really underpowered, even for simple tasks.
Are there any decent alternatives for about the same price?
I dont wanna spend $35 bucks for the normal PI, just wanna know if i could get anything decent for

what do you plan to use it for?

Retrogayming, simple web server, torrent box, etc

I know the RasPI 3 can be used as a simple HTPC, any board with similar features for that price?

Just looked up the Orange Pi Zero, which seemed perfect... except for the fact that it doesnt have video output.

the pi can handle all of those just fine, whats the issue here

The PI, but not the Zero.

you're going to need a full pi or get an odriod/orangepi, you wont get the software support with the latter though. so ymmv when it comes with retro gaymin

Just get a used pi, people sell then all the time. that's literally the only option you have.

Pi zero is significantly more powerful than the pi. It's more similar to a pi2.

I wouldn't use a pi 1, 2, zero or 3 as an htpc myself. You can generally get an older model microatx system as cheap as a pi3+case+hard drive.

Orange Pi Zero.

But if you are after wireless/bluetooth functionality as well you will need to pay more.

Better off just buying an old $50 core2duo laptop

See >Pi zero is significantly more powerful than the pi.

I didnt know that.
So, should i just give up on trying to use a SBC as a HTPC?

This is pretty much why i dont wanna pay for a normal RasPI, i see i3 used laptops on craiglist for pretty much the same price all the time.

Look at the Orange Pi Lite, One and PC models. $10, $12 and $15 respectively.

I'm using an Orange Pi Zero, it just werks.

I thought the drivers for the pi were still shit. Partially because of the binary blobs, or lack thereof.

They are kinda, but if you use a build like Armbian you shouldn't have many problems. The H3 is pretty well supported now.

i heard you can buy them for $1/each in the US, IIRC in monoprice
a good alternative would be the orange pi zero, costs

Damn

Here in my country they cost $47 bucks + shipping each

I was talking about the RPi zeros...
but yeah, they are very expensive in my country, too

Armbian just works with the Orange Pis, wifi sucks dicks though.

The pi zero is over expensive due to its meme status. Sad.

I was talking about the Raspberry PI Zero too.

Raspberry PI 3 cost 70 bucks here.

get odroid it has more features than u believe

The pi3 is powerful as fuck.
I have a pi model B and I use it like an Arduino with an included Ethernet shield.
I also have an arduino from 2011 but I was too cheap to buy an Ethernet shield with it so I use it to control relays.

can the pi3 finally handle 10bit anime? Or is it held back because they still haven't upgrade the GPU due to freedoms.

Izzy?

Since this is the Raspberry Meme thread.

I found 2 Raspberry Pi 2's at work. What can I do with them to fuck with people? I'm not particularly creative.

I work with 10 other teachers and all would be perfect targets.

Thats one of the reasons why i want one.
I do have an ethernet shield, but its annoying to have it attached to the router all the time and the Arduino's ATmega328 is getting old...

Anyways, OPie here, just ordered a RasPI Zero W, lets see if it fits my needs.

Connect to a WiFi antenna and send deauth packets.

One of this meme thing that turns TV off (it was top hype in 2010)

Build a clock that looks like a bomb.

Connect to the air-conditioning system, burn the backups and get free from the bank domination by starting a war against Chinese transvestite hackers.

>Connect to a WiFi antenna and send deauth packets

Can i do this with a RasPI Zero?
And am i wrong or is this how Wifikill for android works? (or used to)

Have you considered using it to google the 50billion blog posts about what to do with your raspberry pi

No.