I feel so damn guilty all the time...

I feel so damn guilty all the time. I feel like I need to read ten trillion old books or else people will call me stupid and claim I'm missing something. I feel like I need to go through SICP before I can program or else people will call me a stupid codemonkey and claim I can't do anything worthwhile.

I know they're all talking shit but they get to me. I know why what they say is nonsense. But it gets to me so hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S9EJd9ml4jE
n-gate.com/hackernews/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get a load of this guy

you're just feeling what the truth is my friend, you are the worst out there. The only humans worse than you are the ones who didn't even try at all. Maybe they're even better, they knew they would fail so they didn't waste anyones time trying.

You should definitely give up theres no hope

Completely honest here, take acid once and you'll never worry about this bullshit again. (assuming you aren't completely retarded...then again, lots of retards take acid and get nothing out of it so maybe just sit in your own misery man idk)

SICP is a beginners book

brainlet

Wrong. I am the worst out there. I know it because i took acid and it told me so.

This board is retarded, don't take it so seriously. This is not the cool smart community you think it is. No need to try to fit in.

fuck books
just do it

>I feel like I need to go through SICP before I can program or else people will call me a stupid codemonkey

>hasn't gone through sicp
>considers himself not to be a stupid codemonkey

SICP was designed to help retards who cant into abstraction

it isn't a book, it's a manual on how to think outside the box. aka, the problem the majority of anyone who dwells within technology today faces.

there will be another steve jobs. :+(

>reads ten trillion books
>can't remember any of it
niice,

desu, with technology, its not about doing it well, its doing it well enough for people to give you money (and depending on the firm and project, being able to do helloworld and to make sure the right people don't think you are a cunt is enough for fat stacks)

>SICP is a beginners book
What's your point?
That a beginner shouldn't start with a beginner's book?

wow you must really be shit then

Acid doesn't tell you anything, its just a chemical. It lets you tell yourself things that you normally wouldn't accept though. If you couldn't even convince yourself you aren't shit then maybe you truly are just shit :( sux senpai

u need to accept that ur retarded and just roll with it. i do it everyday

what is desu?

wait really?

now I dont't feel so bad about it just sitting on the shelf with only a few pages having ever been read. I already think outside the box pretty well so I guess its fine I never read it :)

family

Desu

no you dont think outside of the box...if you wouldve, you wouldve made yourself study with your outside the box ideas

Guilty, anxiety, low self-steem and posting on Sup Forums are all signals of clinical depression. Go to psychiatrist and DO NOT ASK FOR ADVICE ON THE INTERNET. SERIOUSLY.

Keep this feeling op. Feel guilty, and like you need to improve and study at all costs, at all times. Eventually you'll thank us.

Desu

>defeatist mentality
>does drugs
you are the only fucking loser here

You don't know depression, faggot.

>mfw my psychiatrist gives me a bunch of pills that make me feel like when I'm stoned
>mfw he hands me a paper saying the government is paying for them

You should probably stop browsing toxic websites where losers compensate for their inferiority complex by trying to make other people feel inadequate.

Yeah there are far better boards for discussing technology but the edgy kids will dismiss them as hugboxes because you get banned for spamming "niggerniggernigger" and "kys"

Sup Forums is for shitposting these days and if you take it seriously you have nobody but yourself to blame for your mental problems.

HackerNews makes me feel more guilty and stupid than Sup Forums because people on HN seem to be constantly improving and learning new stuff, with Sup Forums I know 95% of the "lel brainlet" type posts are from shitposting NEETs and underachievers.

Good luck OP

I don't even do anything at work.
I just sit at my keyboard and let god take control of my body.

What did he mean by this?

You don't need to read a lot of books.
Truth is user, even if you read 2 or 3 programming books you're doing better than 95% of the people who never attended college (and probably 75% or more of those that did).
Programming books take a while to get through, especially if you do the examples and take the time to understand stuff.
A lot of us sometimes feel like there's people smarter than we are. So what? Just write code. Practice is the only way you're going to get beyond these feelings. youtube.com/watch?v=S9EJd9ml4jE

>Believing ANYTHING on hacker news
>Feeling guilty about ANYTHING in comparison to the totally retarded users of hacker news who have their heads so far up their asses they can see the monitor through their mouths
n-gate.com/hackernews/

what boards do you recommend?

>boards