Anti-Virus

I need a good anti-virus program for my machine. I've gotten pissed at AVG, is there a better option?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2015/09/whats-the-difference-between-antivirus-and-anti-malware/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

panda anti virus is good i heard

Have you tried common sense? I use it myself and it's crazy good.

Win Defender + NoScript + uBlock

No virus protection will ultimately save you from your own idiocy.
If Windows Defender isn't "good enough" in practical terms, nothing will be.

MBAM Free

>Scan when you want, no automatic
>No 'Automatic Security Analyzing' bullshit 24/7 when you try to open anything
>No pop up ads begging you to pay
Its the most based AV

Install Gentoo

Either CommonSense or

this

Use a mac if you're prone to being retarded.

>Win Defender + NoScript + uBlock

Windows Defender is also a firewall, right?

I honestly need a firewall more than anti-virus.

No you just can't uninstall it

common sense works like a charm for me!!

Can anyone explain me how antivirus works?
It is just a piece of software that scans files for having malicious signatures like "script file having a malicious code like rm -rf ".
I read once in "computer security" class that antivirus basically stores all occurences of malicious signature found in file system found in every system it is installed on since "epoch", store it in central database and compare it wherever it is currently scanning.
Is there anything else that it does?
I would rather write my own anti virus then if whatever I wrote is correct.

>I need a good anti-virus program
No you don't. Whether you have 50 crypto trojans or just one, you lose your data. And no anti-virus program can give you the security you need.

There's the psychological component of "what the hell should go wrong, I have an antivirus, so I can click on emmawatson_nude.jpg.exe" which actually increases your risk. It doesn't have to be that obvious though, it can just be that you allow flash or JavaScript on shady websites to stream series.
Another component to it is that an antivirus increases your surface for attacks. You don't have a PDF reader? So any malware that ships in PDFs can't attack you. You have an antivirus? Too bad, it needs to analyze the PDF and thus is in principle vulnerable to malware contained in PDFs.

It's not like a seatbelt which saves you most of the time, because most of your accident are minor. You have a bowl of skittles with 20 poisoned skittles. I remove 18 of them and put in 10 new out of which a few can also be poisoned. You die all the same and I charge you for it.

Kaspersky
you can get it for like 5 bucks at g2a.com

>Paying for software.

>paying for stock images

not even a fucking AV you retard
>>>blog.malwarebytes.com/101/2015/09/whats-the-difference-between-antivirus-and-anti-malware/

>paying for snake oil

This is the level 0 for an AV

Nowadays, AV also sandbox software, to see what he's doing, also trying to find common pattern (Like keyboard strokes and upload in a single program)

Windows Defender is all you need

Macs have plenty of malware tailored for them now that they've been popular for over a decade.

WD freeeee

Malware includes viruses and yes MBAM has HIPS so it's just like an AV but has superior definitions.

BitDefender, Avira, Avast, Comodo...

But it's NOT ANTIVIRUS REPLACMENT, as even developers said this, that you also need extenrnal AV.

Another Fefe reader.

THAT'S THE CASE OF THE OLD MBAM!
They 2017 pro MBAM has realtime inspection.
An AV might have better realtime inspection but most don't.

'virustotal uploader' is all you need