Does anyone know what that desk is called

does anyone know what that desk is called
is it handmade?
can it be found anywhere?

A E S T H E T I C

Why dont you just make your own desk or if budget permits get an actual furniture maker to make you one out of real wood instead of MDF like so many desks here are?

it's this one

what's a good desk material or what should i be looking out for?
my current desk really echoes the noise from my keyboard when i type, i had to put a mousepad under it to dampen it

Depends on budget and what you like. If you go to bst threads you will see nearly 100% of the posters there have really terrible desks made of particle board.

The problem is that solid wood desks are very expensive and as you progress to better grades of wood and different wood types you also get a significant rise in price.

Pine is cheap and easy to work

Hardwoods are expensive and more difficult to work with but literally last centuries, your desk will be an heirloom

Glass is a meme

>what's a good desk material

Melamine.
It's extremely durable and doesn't warp.
It's what most top-end office desks use because they have to last.

A good way to score a top quality desk is from foreclosure auctions.
If the top is in poor condition or you just don't like the color you can buy a new melamine top separately for about $100-$150.

>single bed

>what's a good desk material
>Melamine.
He said good, particle board and good dont go together. If he said cheap you would be right on the money.

what would be a reasonable price for materials + labour if i knew someone who could make one? just a reference point so i know what to expect
any reason to get more expensive or a particular type of wood?

thanks, looks like i need to do some research

>what would be a reasonable price for materials
Depends on where you live in the world, grade of good, type of wood, thickness of wood and the width of the boards you want it made out of.

This desk for example is unstained black walnut with a 3/4" tabletop that is 34" deep and 60" long. Total cost was 2400 dollars.

>a nightcrawler poster
The movie wasn't THAT good. Certainly not poster worthy.

But Nightcrawler is a cool enough name to put on a wall on its own. I haven't even seen it yet.

>particle board and good dont go together.

It doesn't matter what the core is made of.
As long as it doesn't warp and the exterior is extremely durable and scratch resistant.

>I want my home to be filled with shitty furniture because I dont budget my money well for things that will actually last a life time.
You are the furniture equivalent of an iProduct owner.

>paying $2400 for a desk with awkward as fuck leg placement and no height adjustment.

a little bit out of my price range, maybe i should look at that particle board for now

>I dont know how much black walnut is worth the post
Legs arent awkward at all, they dont extend past the table top at all.

There is no need for height adjustment over 1/2 of travel in case of uneven floor surface. Travel is achieved via the top of the tripods.

That is just the cost of the pictured desk, you can get a range of costs based on wood selection and the other factors mentioned previously.

My desk will easily last a lifetime.
It's not some cheap crap, it was about $1500 new.

Sure, I might replace the top every 20 years but that's no big deal.

Meanwhile, enjoy writing on a wood top that's full of scratches and kinks.

because as long as it keeps your shit from falling on the ground and looks halfway decent there's no reason to pay skilled craftsmen

>It's not some cheap crap, it was about $1500 new.
Sawdust and resin is objectively not worth that price. You paid nearly as much as I did for things they sweep off the floor of sawmills that they dont burn for power.

>Meanwhile, enjoy writing on a wood top that's full of scratches and kinks.
So you treat your possessions so poorly it is easier to pay an exorbitant amount of money for plastic and trash compressed into a desk like shape than it is to take care of something?

>looks halfway decent
They dont though.

>Legs arent awkward at all

I've already hit my shins on that twice, just looking at it.

>There is no need for height adjustment over 1/2 of travel in case of uneven floor surface.

No, you adjust height for ergonomic reasons silly.

Not everybody is the same height.
I'm quite tall so I need a tall desk or I would have to lower my seat which wouldn't leave enough space for my legs.

>I've already hit my shins on that twice, just looking at it.
How? The legs dont extend past the table top so unless you just spin a circle in your chair like a child it isnt possible.

>Not everybody is the same height.
The desk was made for me, not you, it is the perfect height for me while sitting in a standard office chair. My only complaint was the eight month wait time for its construction.

>Sawdust and resin is objectively not worth that price.

No, the HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE METAL FRAME is about $1100.
The top is only $100-$150 like I said. (or $400 is you're dumb enough to buy the original brand).

Also I said that's what it was NEW - not what I payed for it.
If you payed attention I mentioned bankrupted companies who are forced to auction their desks at whatever price. - I payed $75.

Well to each their own, I would rather have wood than metal in my home. Your table top is also objectively made of trash that even Kingsford wont use to make their shitty products out of.

Any desk with legs at the corners is shit tier.

You'll bump into them when sitting down/getting up.
And yours is worst than most because it has those retarded A-frames. which make them even more or an obstruction.

>You'll bump into them when sitting down/getting up
Well so far after 6 years I have only stubbed my toe on one of the legs, maybe you should look at what you do more often instead of trundling around with your eyes closed.

>a-frames
Do you mean tripods?

>only expensive materials can be good.

Why are you even on Sup Forums?

Also let me guess: total Apple fag am I right?

>Do you mean tripods?

Yes, they look and are retarded.

>only expensive materials can be good.
But I never said that, I said that you are paying money for something that is not worth that amount of money. The steel superstructure of your unposted desk along with a mechanism to make it lower or rise is not worth 1100 dollars at all. Your table top is made out of materials that a company that makes charcoal briquettes would turn their nose up at.

Hardwoods at least have something that justifies their price is my point. What you paid for you could have made yourself for a fraction of the price.

>My subjective taste is the end all be all.
Good post.

Not him, but I'm on Sup Forums because something went wrong in my life.

>Why are you even on Sup Forums?
Extreme boredom.