R8 my modded 1080 ti

r8 my modded 1080 ti

Honestly? You ruined it.

How?

Nothing was damaged in the mod. Its cooler and much quieter now.

hold the fuck up, msi already offers a 1080 ti with a corsair cooler(it's out of stock, I know), so what's the point if you're not sticking a 240 on there?

Does it perform better or the same as it should as a new product and is it structurally stable now?

If neither are true then combined with the voided warranty I give this a: "You probably shouldn't have done that."

2/10

Should have just cut the side and pulled the tubes out from there like all the other 1080ti aio's, that looks retarded as fuck.

I bought mine day one, none of those variants existed.

I tried a 240 rad with that thing you see in the back ground there, kraken g12, unfortunately, getting the fans to mesh correctly was a fucking nightmare. That fan and pump are both plugged into the GPU's onboard fan header because that pump was designed to go onto Nvidia graphics cards.

Doesn't void the warranty, it's EVGA, so unless i took a chainsaw to it, it wouldn't void it.

It's stable, better, cooler, faster, than it was before.

I really don't get this sing 120/140 aio coolers. Barely acceptable for a modern GPU.

I like it

so no memory and VRM cooling now?
You're badass.

But is it harder or stronger?

>copper out in the open
I see no possibility of this ever going wrong.

There's a fuckhuge baseplate touching all those things and a blower cooler keeping them cool. =\

I know what you're trying to imply, but it's not very specific and I have a suspicion you're just an idiot. Can you elaborate?

Oxidation.
It actually protects the copper from further corrosion but it's going to look like shit.

Dude. I live in a desert. I think it'll be ok.

That and those copper wires are insulated. Else they would short

did you open the pump part too or what?
if you do, you are terribly fucked up son

>Dat Chessex mat

i better buy EK predator 140 and the special waterblock

more safe

no? Why the fuck would I open the pump on an AiO?

What does that have to do with anything?
Copper reacts with oxygen, it's not dependent on moisture like iron.

Right.

>Its cooler and much quieter now.
Which is why you buy a third-party card retard. They're both cheaper and faster than your retarded diy.

It's not stupid if it works.
Only thing I would worry about is
>fan and pump are both plugged into the GPU's onboard fan header
>There's a fuckhuge baseplate touching all those things and a blower cooler keeping them cool.
What is the amperage rating for that header? is the blower on a splitter with the pump?

It's probably enough because the pump was designed to be used with GPUs. In this exact manor. Sooo.