/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

make the OP great again

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
IRC #ptg irc.rizon.net 6697/9999 SSL only

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.

AHD recruitment on RED starting April 25th, 2018

Hopefully Zed is banned from this thread

AHD recruitment on APL IRC starting RIGHT NOW. GO GO GO

jokes on you
apl irc is down 50% of the time

It's true!

fuck off zed

It's up now. And that AHD room is smoking.

t. not on apollo

NEWS:

Zed finally cracks

QUEEN

lol

make a new one!

if the cabal cared about humanity they'd ban another headcase for my amusement

Bakabt recruitment starting on AB next week!

i've got better things to do these days, but i can post all the ones i've made

the tl;dr here is this ... the thread is a real shitty place if you're serious about getting into private trackers, you can get information in the OP/IRC for pretty much whatever you need to know better than you'll ever get in this thread of memelords

>i've got better things to do these days
You're posting on ptg, stop lying to yourself

>I have already found stuff on RED not on other places that I actually wanted.
Great for you, but you're in the minority. I find some of what I want on RED, some elsewhere.
>Also, requests.
This is true of every music tracker today. So, no, not a plus for RED.

HELP:

I'm on Bibliotik and the fucking Clients Transmission and Qb are not seeding.

0 out of 0 peers. Ports are open. IP address is fine. Yet none of the files are uploading.

Please help

UGC staff doxes it's members

>Great for you, but you're in the minority.
Yes, because only the minority of RED actually needs RED. Most of them would be better off using Rutracker or public trackers.

>I find some of what I want on RED, some elsewhere.
Me too.

>This is true of every music tracker today. So, no, not a plus for RED.
Nobody cares about filling requests at APL or NWCD unless they are stuff a google search away, so no, you are wrong.

I give it another year, max, before zed steps down.

I get everything I request at APL filled, and it isn't stuff available on TIDAL or any of that shit, so fuck off with your misinformation

>Nobody cares about filling requests at APL or NWCD
lol, i had like 3 times better luck at apl/nwcd than red. you probably request bandcamp releases

its

It was probably on Rutraker or some blogspot site. Fuck off, it's not my fault you don't know where to find stuff.

>things that never happened

If hard economy is so great, why has RED handed out tons of FL tokens?

No, I'm right. You are wrong.
I'm on all three and have had a very easy time getting things filled on APL, NWCD is about the same as RED. Several 100% logs and WEB purchases (with receipts) on APL and NWCD. RED is not bad for WEB but so so for 100% logs of anything that wasn't on WCD.
Why do you feel the need to convince everyone that RED is perfect?

I get $40 Japanese CD's filled on RED. Only a 40 GB bounty. I had put a 80 GB bounty on APL.

>find all of your favorite WHAT users on R*D
>none of them straggling with ratio
>none of them on APO
Really makes youre brain work!

it's a REDshill, lads, no point in trying to use facts and logic. Maybe this is what xero had to do to get back into RED.

user, you're ridiculous. you're shilling. stop.
in other words,
you, sir, may fuck off

the same reason they claimed the open signups are bad and they went open after the first month.

zed! you're doing images now. you're learning!

s-shut up! you're not making any sense with your logic!!! i have a phd in tracker economics i know better than you!!

I'm not trying to convince people that RED is perfect, and more interested in telling people how retarded they are for not knowing how to use the site, or even more, telling them that they don't even need the site on the first place.

Now, regarding your requests, I find that difficult to believe, if we consider that bounty on RED is more valuable than APL or NWCD, so they would put more effort into filling requests.
What reasons are there for APL and NWCD being more efficient at request filling? I seriously have no idea.

That's a good thing to do, as it diversifies the seeders to plenty of places instead of focusing around 1000 seeders for the same ~50 albums like it happens with staff picks.

Whatever.
Xero was a complete idiot btw

>I'm on Bibliotik and the fucking Clients Transmission and Qb are not seeding.

Nobody gets people to download from them on Bib

user, isn't that the point, that people on RED are desperate for buffer?

>ratiwhores
>favorite wcd users
makes sense zed

>If hard economy is so great, why has RED handed out tons of FL tokens?

Because their userbase is too small

>none of them straggling with ratio
struggling
>Really makes youre brain work!
your
Perhaps you should put your brain to work on a bit of ESL

So I think with GGn's move to this retarded "gold" system, it really shows how broken their current model is.

Basically a handful of users auto-download all the newest torrents, and everyone else is shit out of luck. If you get it first, you are guaranteed to get plenty of Upload from everyone else grabbing the game after you.

It used to be fine because you'd have a few hour window of freeleech, and then everyone after you might net you a few hundred megs of Upload depending on the size. But NOW they're taking away freeleech, so even if you get the torrent a few hours later, about 90% of people who were going to download it have done it already, so you're not gonna have much upload credit.

Basically this model serves to drive ratios down, and the only way to get it back up is to spend exorbitant amounts of gold for free upload or freeleech credits.

A lot of folks just have the retort "well just upload something". The library on there is already so extensive (which I'm not complaining about), the normal user doesn't have much option of what to upload unless it's a brand new release, and in most cases only release groups get those cracked quick enough to matter.

So am I a retarded niggerfaggot? Or is GGn just fucking their users in the ass with this?

>people on RED are desperate for buffer?
>you can download 100 GBs without uploading a single byte
Only single digit IQ users struggle with buffer at RED.

You're replying to shitposters.... They're like 2 people, maybe 3. They post idiotic stuff about anything except curry trackers like APL and UGC 24/7. Don't bother with them.

>that people on RED are desperate for buffer?

I have like 180GB of buffer on RED.

I don't get what the problem is. I get more ratio on my RED torrents than on WCD because fewer people are cucking me with their seedbox.

>I get more ratio on my RED torrents
>things that never happened

>Or is GGn just fucking their users in the ass with this?

Yes and pretty much all the regular downloaders and maybe even some uploaders are moving to UGC for the anything more popular than the latest indie hit.

So I've kinda had my head in the sand for the past few years, what's UGC? And I'm assuming it's invite only?

>That's a good thing to do, as it diversifies the seeders to plenty of places instead of focusing around 1000 seeders for the same ~50 albums like it happens with staff picks.
I generally agree with this one, but it's a bit puzzling considering how much they're in support of their hard economy.

kek dellot

>hard economy
>redacted
:^)

Of course it happened. Think about how many people are on WCD vs RED.

Less downloaders means more ratio for you since seedboxes aren't teaming up to cuck you out of your share of upload.

My RED ratio is literally over 30.

>needing to seed
>fucking their users
No, if the torrents aren't seeded it's no better than a public tracker. Freeleech on release just turns it into a public tracker economy: "If I get there early can download whatever I want and never have to seed." That fucks over everybody who doesn't want to log in every 6 hours.

>So am I a retarded niggerfaggot?
Yup. New model encourages seeding and cucks seedboxfags. Its very good for normal users. Its possible to grab neutral leech packs and get enough of gold to buy upload or half download buff or something. Its also easy to find something old with no seeds, grab it somewhere and reseed for lots of gold.

>Nobody gets people to download from them on Bib

What did you mean by this?

>Now, regarding your requests, I find that difficult to believe, if we consider that bounty on RED is more valuable than APL or NWCD, so they would put more effort into filling requests.
What reasons are there for APL and NWCD being more efficient at request filling? I seriously have no idea.
First you said that requests at APL and NWCD are not filled. Now you're saying you can't understand why they are more "efficient." Stop with the nonsense.
I just told you that I've had better luck getting requests filled at APL/NWCD, data point of one. Why? Could be any number of reasons. Maybe what I was requesting fit the musical taste of another user (this was actually the case twice) or maybe the bounty was sweet and the user already had access to the CD, or maybe it was a new user looking to build buffer. The point is, that's how requests work.That's how they worked at WCD.

>more interested in telling people how retarded they are for not knowing how to use the site
And this, user, is how a site earns its name.

It makes a lot of sense. That way only people who actually contribute to the site by uploading stuff can benefit from it. And the seedbox users, in which case I propose to ban them from RED, but I know that's not going to happen.

>tfw I finally got into HDB

It's a smaller game tracker, been around for a year. Lots more freeleech on it. People are getting accounts there in record numbers since GGn announced how shitty they are going to be to downloaders.

Did some say freeleech?

People who use seedboxes are contributing to the site

t. not on red

red literally has 10 ratio cucks that run autodownload and account for 70% of traffic on the site. if you gain any ratio on red, that means you bought a good seedbox and set up a good filter and are racing with these seedboxes, otherwise you are a liar.

>anyone who doesn't think RED is better than BTN is a shitposter

>First you said that requests at APL and NWCD are not filled. Now you're saying you can't understand why they are more "efficient." Stop with the nonsense.
That's why I don't believe you. Because if what you say is true, then how come APL and NW are more efficient to fill requests?

>Maybe what I was requesting fit the musical taste of another user (this was actually the case twice) or maybe the bounty was sweet and the user already had access to the CD, or maybe it was a new user looking to build buffer. The point is, that's how requests work.That's how they worked at WCD.
So it was pure luck and the same thing could have happened at RED? Okay. I guess that answers my previous question.

Maybe to movie and tv trackers, but not for a music site.

>t. ninjapooper
Keep lying maybe some newfag will believe you.

How does it cuck seedboxfags? If anything it strengthens them, especially if you just have your shit set to auto, then you rake in the upload credits.

>get enough of gold to buy upload or half download buff or something
The fact that you need to get gold to maintain a good ratio is ridiculous. What the site actually needs is way more users to actually download shit, so people can actually get more than 50 megs up upload a week.

>Only 6000 shekels, pay up goy!

The basic idea behind it is good (retention for older torrents), it's just the execution that needs fiddling with.

we get it. good things only happen on RED.
now go fuck off, zed

>New model encourages seeding and cucks seedboxfags.

it doesnt cuck seedbox fags at all. it gives them even more power.

No point arguing friendo, it's zed or sadistic, he's just trolling the thread to shill his tracker for donations.

>Maybe to movie and tv trackers, but not for a music site.

Wrong, even on a music site they help keep torrents seeded

>Less downloaders means more ratio for you since seedboxes aren't teaming up to cuck you out of your share of upload
Are you sure you don't want to reword that, user?
Fewer autodownloaders, maybe? Fewer seedboxes? Otherwise what you are saying makes no sense.
I'm still not reaching WCD levels of ratio on my 2017 100% logs. I'd love to have more downloaders.

>How does it cuck seedboxfags?
Before seedfags were getting all of the credits and regular users were getting scraps. Now everyone can just seed regardless of their upload speed or quality of internet connection.
>The fact that you need to get gold to maintain a good ratio is ridiculous.
Bonus point system is good and requirements are very low to get lotsa gold. If you dont want to contribute at all then go to public trackers like TPB.

this

If you want to have better retention, incentivize it. Don't make an entire stupid system to fuck basic users. Just give folks who seed for longer a bonus.

>Just give folks who seed for longer a bonus.
Thats how it works. Did you even read their wiki about gold or something? Are you even on GGn?

i've noticed this, what do you suggest to put in filter to be able to gain some ratio on red? i tried autosnatch everything and that got me in trouble, basically nobody downloaded a single byte of around 50+ torrents

This doesn't change a thing for seedboxers. The problem for normal users is not speed or quality of their internet, it's how fast you have to be to grab the new torrent. If you don't get it right away, you're not going to be uploading to anyone. Anyone who downloaded it already will have been using a seedbox and you're just giving them more upload.

>they help keep current year torrents seeded
Fixed it for you.

shitty tracker wit shitty staff, AVOID

You really are an ass.
Cover your ears and shout lalalalala I can't hear you, but it happened.
>So it was pure luck and the same thing could have happened at RED?
Again, you are an ass. Nothing in that says it was "pure luck." That's just what you want to believe.
You also want to believe there is an ironclad causal relationship between the tracker economy and the number of requests filled. You literally cannot accept that any other tracker might be as good at something as RED. That's insanity. It's why RED will never be as good as WCD.

>80Gb
>6000 gold/month
>will get even much more a bit of times passes
Im ok with this. Seedboxers BTFO.

Redpill me on MTeam. What is it good for?

RED has no traffic outside of autosnatchers, if you're late you're fucked. You need to be among first, so fast seedbox with deluge and filter 2017 100% cds it's a general consensus that ratiowhores grab those. If you get a fast seedbox you can cuck some of them out of ratio.

Been on there for 4 years and 3 months, actually. And Gold is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

>See hot new [insert game] here on GGn uploaded yesterday
>download
>seed until the end of time and only get 500 megs of upload because everyone who downloaded it before you was 95% of the people who were ever going to download it.
Boy, it makes so much sense! I love having no ratio! Thanks, GGn!

There's literally nothing wrong with that

Dude, i dont know what youre talking about. Its not hard to understand really.
>FL -> seedboxers get everything
>bonus points per seeding -> cuckbox doesnt matter
???

thanks user, is deluge necessary?

>Nothing in that says it was "pure luck."
>some user sharing your same taste on another site is not "pure luck"
hahaha

Like I said, the only reasons you gave on why APL was better than RED for requests is because one users happened to have your same taste (and that's pure luck). Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any reasons on why APL is better for requesting stuff, so the only alternative is indeed "pure luck".
Am I wrong? Because everything you have said points out that I'm not.

Yes, there is. It pushes people towards uploading free current year releases that nobody wants and people getting buffer for doing nothing that contributes to the site.

Pedro's open signup on Cinco de Mayo (May 5th)!!!

>>seed until the end of time and only get 500 megs of upload because everyone who downloaded it before you was 95% of the people who were ever going to download it.
Are you fucking retarded or trolling? Just seed it and get BP.

>only people who actually contribute to the site by uploading stuff can benefit from it.
Keeping rare content alive by keeping them seeded is something I'd absolutely count as contributing, and that might not be a very profitable act in a hard economy.

There are TMs at RED with 30+ ratios. They benefited from the freeleech. Now they're not downloading much because most of what is uploaded was already on WCD. Most of them have seedboxes and they've scripted the hell out of transcoding.
WCD wasn't the easiest place to build buffer. At least they had staff picks, which gave people a chance, and the larger user base meant there were enough non-dicks who helped out new users. RED is becoming so anti-new-users that it could cripple the site.

You're implying seedboxers don't seed. Which makes literally zero sense.

Yes, and the only reason you would download said rare content is if you are actually interested in rare content, which means you can upload rare content as well. It all balances out at the end.

>>RED is becoming so anti-new-users that it could cripple the site
>500Mb starting buffer on WHAT
>5Gb on R*D

>RED is becoming so anti-new-parasites that contributed nothing to the site
ftfy
Also, nevermind that you can download 100 GBs without having to upload a single byte in return.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BANNED FROM REDDIT PERMANENTLY because THE COMPETITION DECIDED TO SHUT ME UP . THEY WOULD RATHER YOU NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING AND BEG THEM ALL DAY THAN USE NCORE!
KEEP USING IPT IF YOU CAN AND DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT THESE SCUMBAGS TELL YOU! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>some user sharing your same taste on another site is not "pure luck"
Not when the users came to the site through another site dedicated to that taste in music. It's called recruiting. not luck. Actively seeking users who share a particular taste in music.
You are wrong.