The perfect C++ IDE doesn't exi-

The perfect C++ IDE doesn't exi-

Other urls found in this thread:

encrypted.google.com/search?q=microsoft visual c++ -studio -redistributable
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>hey i just started studying a programming language, look i installed this garbage ide and my opinion matters now too!

take a closer look at the code, retard

and?

This

>constexpr
>lambdas
>static_assert

i bet you're one of those faggots who uses Atom and doesn't mind that it takes literally over 100x the ram just to get past the splash screen.

it's called vim + you completeme

that's like 1st or 2nd semester uni.

only because you were able to copy paste some shit from stack overflow doesnt mean you are hot shit.

since you are clearly wasting your time with irrelevant goofy code, you are at best trying to study.

I still use that in Virtualbox.

What about those ultra-minimalist IDEs you only ever see in rice screenshots?

you're missing the point, fuckstick. the ide is from 1998, but it is compiling code from the c++14 standard. and doing it while using 3 fucking megs of ram.

I could "compile code" with Notepad and cmd.exe using even less memory. What's your point?

Too bad you can't legally download it anymore.

Also, why are so many directory names capitalized in the title bar of that console window? Did Microsoft switch back to using all-caps in Windows 10?

Without compilation time, it's meaningless. Older compilers might have the same efficiency as modern ones, but be tuned to use less memory and spread it over a longer period of time.

Oh yeah? Prove it. On 64-bit Windows Notepad alone uses more than 3 MB just to calculate line numbers.

Fuck me, looks exactly as the NEWEST IAR workbench.

Which Visual Studios aren't botnet? I've heard that 1998 is okay. Is there a standard like "Before X version"?

Dev CPP a decent IDE? It comes with its own mingw installation, I know how to add it to path but I think the IDE looks decent enough, I dabbled in programming a few years ago when I was between jobs and used eclipse, but I dunno if eclipse is considered decent either.

just use visual studio community edition, it's free nothing is removed

what is this?
i can only find the redistributables and studio links by googling encrypted.google.com/search?q=microsoft visual c++ -studio -redistributable
help me out.

are you retarded or what?

Plus the spyware in the compiler

He needs a proprietary hand holding software to code.
Please user, consider a free alternative, I know it exists and it will be better than what you are currently using, because it will respect your freedoms.

that car uses proprietary software

>ide
>not using emacs

>free

i'm surprised a piece of software over 5 years old actually works on windows 10

It doesn't have bloat and is fast.

it took some massaging to get it to install

of course it did

Where did you get that? I want it too

no wigga i am not a retard?
how about you help me here a bit.

Is this the IDE thread?

I tried out PyCharm and it legitimately takes like 30 seconds to start up each time, do people really buy this?

>object orientated

Do you turn it on/off repeatedly or what? It's fast after it loads, considering all the shit it does for you.

It was the years Microsoft wasn't shit.
Then Google came along.

The number of people opening and closing an ide like it is notepad is sky high.

because free software always installs without issue

>using ram is a bad thing
>???

Ram is at least two orders of magnitude slower than L1 cache, so yes, using ram is bad.

oh fuck me, c++ builder still exists?

i grew up on borland compilers back in the 90s

PyCharm is written in JAVA. CLion by the same company as well (yes a C++ IDE is written in fucking JAVA).

because an IDE and a compiler aren't the same thing you retarded nigger

woah dude something with a decent UI is written in a high level programming language?!?!? 1111

>constexpr
>static_assert
Neither of these impact the runtime performance of the generated binary.

>lambdas
Not really slow. std::function has issues, however.

that's not kdevelop 4

Well, try developing a Django app in it to understand why people use it.

This. IDEs fucking suck

why whould you use a shitty script language for anything else than scripts?
People like you are the reason we can't get decent softwares, high level language are pure cancer for real tasks, processor manufacturers shouldn't be the ones spending billions to accomodates shitters and their bullshits.

Notepad has line numbers now?

Not OP but What would you suggest then that has most stuff built in already that I don't need to bother with?

A developer should be able to write web apps in CURRENT YEAR without worrying about how to efficiently write cgi, middleware themselves

> Forced to use mingw because Windows
> Using Windows