twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BGA and SMT hardware don't stand the test of time

That a ps2 board?
Looks like shit

Backwards compatible PS3

>Cell
>PS2

>Own CECHK01 PS3
>Shit gets super hot and the fans runs at maximum RPM even at the XMB.
>Get in there and clean the dust and replace the thermal paste.
>Put everything back together, Dark Souls artifact son loading screens
>Take it apart again, put ti back together and it works perfectly.

No idea what happened but I'm glad it works, not like I really care haven't used it in more than 4 years.

looks like an ice cream sandwich

Kill it with fire

dat VRM waterblock

would never fuck a quantum-meme whore like d-wave

>an entire ee/gs just whacked on the board

so awesome.

>D-Wave
Reminds me of something else I'd like to fuck

Military hardware is cool

Very specific fetish
Large 45 degree rotated BGA chip (FPGA, CPU) on a blue PCB

whatever this machine is called

Gotta fix my CECHA again since it just YLOD. I bought it $25 on eBay so whatever.

The thermal pads are fucking expensive to replace though. I could go with the iFixit kit but it's $30 fucking shipping to Kanukistan.

Like wtf, put that shit in the mailbox. I don't need a diamond studded UPS truck to drop it off.

I'll probably skip them for now since it's only the GPU fucking up. I drilled 3 holes in the bottom and put some PC dust screens in and it ran pretty quietly until the last couple days where it went full jetfighter mode then died.

Got some Arctic MX-4 this time so I'll see if the shills were right and if it makes a difference.

this is the 95nm version isn't it. real ahame abput the solder being so garbage

a drill

friction drill or welding

9/10 would buy

PS3 like the PS2 was poorly designed. Lots of powerful hardware arranged and configured in a completely intuitive way.

Can't go past the beautiful simplicity of the Gamecube though.

show me how the original ps3 should have been designed then

Basically an Xbox 360 at 65nm. The 360 was an excellently designed console. It was just way too fucking hot at 90nm.

the 360 is more comparable to a slim in terms of hardware since its only one console to the ps3s 2.that doesnt explain anything.

You couldn't fuck a PS3 because it has no game.

PS3 was originally designed with a 2nd Cell to handle graphics tasks; But, Microsoft was rushing the 360 to production (which is what caused the reliability problems: they didn't use proper soldering). Even worse, IBM cucked Sony and designed a PowerPC chip that performs as good as the Cell, which they also had a hand in designing.

Sony was still years away from getting the PS3 done, but now they got fucked over and had to release it as soon as possible so Microsoft doesn't get too much lead time with the 360. So they asked Nvidia for whatever was their strongest chip and glued it on to the board.

That's why the PS3 ended up as such a clusterfuck: Microsoft ruined two consoles that generation.

PS2 was extremely well designed. It had 1 problem, hardware AA was non-functional. The only reason people consider it "complicated" because it doesn't work like a traditional PC where you upload textures to the videocard and let it run: you have to upload textures from system ram and use the vram as a texture cache, and you have to do that all manually. You can do this because the machine had something like 40x the vram bandwidth than anything else on the market.

I removed the optical drive of my gc and replaced it with an sd card interface.
Pic related.

The gc even had a digital video output socket which was pretty revolutionary. The only cable you could plug in used a dac unfortunatly. It was some kind of proprietary standard.
The Wii afterwards did not have digital video out, took Nintendo until the WiiU to reintroduce it.

>PS2 was extremely well designed
No, the Dreamcast was what you'd call a very well designed console. Its graphic chip had 6 times less overdraw than the PS2's graphic chip (which meant equal performance @ six times less bandwidth), had plenty of hardware GPU features built in, didn't have issues with VRAM space, especially since it used the most beautifully dither filtered 32-bit to 16-bit framebuffers ever.

PS2 was literally a brute force THROW MOAR BANDWIDTH machine that required an extremely complicated form of programming based on a combination of serial and parallel processing to get the most out of it. Managing that little piece of fast 4 MB VRAM was hell, and even though it was fast it still didn't give enough room for developers to comfortably achieve 640x480. Not to mention many hardware features were broken like VQ texture compression and AA, so had to be achieved in software. Quite frankly it was a complete mess, and having ridiculous 48 GB/s VRAM made it extremely expensive to manufacture, which is why Nintendo almost made more money than Sony during that era, despite selling far fewer units.

two cells really? either way the design flaw wasnt the cell. Speaking of which doesnt the "broadband engine" part mean youre supposed to have several cells working in tandem?

no homo!

Guess what is it

part of a radar scanner?

Noice. Think this is the first time I've seen water on a socket-a vrm, tho I'm guessing the water setup is rather new and not something you ran back then?

What gpu is that? kinda reminds me of the hd4670 agp..

iPhone 8

CRAY super computer.

Onahole

The person who designed the CPU for the Cray III is a conman. Be careful of what you hear from him.

>Make like an Abit motherboard
>And stop posting

All those Sun chips

shame it's such an underperformed piece of shit lol

Holy shit, is that SD thing available anywhere to buy?

>PS3 had no games
Americans are funny, they think a bunch of Halos and Call of Duty mean they have a bunch of games.

lol, its literally cheaper to just purchase a wii than it is to get that add on and install it

lol, its literally cheaper to just install Dolphin than it is to get that add on and install it

do that then, the point being a lot of people have a wii anyway. when it comes to mods for piracy theres an obvious heirachy in whats a better choice

The only place to buy these is badass consoles, looks like they're out of stock.
badassconsoles.com/drive-replacement/

And yea if you want to play gc games from a sd card just use a Wii. The gc driveless mod is an infinite pain.
I don't like the Wii so I did it with the cube.

You could also use a pc with dolphin and get some gc controller adapter cables. With dolphin you can render the polygons in higher resolution.

Funny story, i kind of did in a way, that is to say I masterbated assisted by its graphical prowess

>Xbox 360 at 65nm
so they should've delayed it for another 2 years, lose giant marketshare to microsoft, then lose money on poor yields in addition to betting their whole division that every user will buy at least 15 games

I recognized that as a ps3 motherboard before I even saw the filename. I need to get out more.

howw does cry engine manage to be free and open source?

Can I use my GameBoy Player with a Wii though?

Came to post this.
>shame it's such an underperformed piece of shit lol
It's an IoT hub, two cores with SMT at 550MHz is enough.

you can put gamebpy roms on it pleb.

>telling me to use an emulator when I have both the hardware and software
>calling others plebs
user pls

I thought it was a PS2 board... Well, it's not that bad yet, I think.

>so they should've delayed it for another 2 years
Intel was already shitting out 65nm CPUs from the very start of 2006 (including Core 2 Duo). PS3 was released at the end of 2006.

DELET

So? We're not talking about Intel processors.

At first I laughed cause big beige was just goin with it then I was sad.

20GB PS3 motherboard?? Sweet!

why point it out? also its not exclusively 20gb, it was more commonly released with the 60gb one anyway

>That last bid for freedom

Godspeed, beige, we are not worthy

You were acting like it was impossible for Sony to have produced a 65nm console at the end of 2006, had they not fixed on stupidly complex, expensive and ultimately worthless shit like Cell.

>hating on Cell
Get out

literally begging for developers at this point, was offered a 5k a week job to work for crytek but would have to move across country so I didn't

It's an old soviet autopilot

Holy shit, you weren't lying

Love me some PowerPc

That's some criminally underrated snatch

I'm mad that we don't have integrated cpu cooling because he failed.

>It's an IoT hub, two cores with SMT at 550MHz is enough.
still, they could've at least used a 64 bit SoC and gave it a little more of a boost, the board is pretty af tho

Probably a raspberry pi since Im a lolicon.

with a GPIO powered pink dildo?

The lolicon tag isnt because there are little girls in the doujin, it's to call out actual lolicons that there are little girls here.

Im a male

face it though user, you still wish to become a little girl and please cocks dont u?

It's my only wish to turn into a loli
However, Id want some massive cocks, so don't hit on me with that micropenis, silly boy~

kickstarter.com/projects/1835143999/zx-spectrum-next

>It's my only wish to turn into a loli
>However, Id want some massive cocks, so don't hit on me with that micropenis, silly boy~
cool, I won't