Have long-term projects I'm working on

>have long-term projects I'm working on
>all are reasonable, requires only slightly advanced programming knowledge
>even though I REALLY want to see the project done, I freeze up and get anxious and irritated when it's time for me to work on it

I'll think of any excuse in the world not to put in the work. How do I get rid of "work anxiety"?

Why the fuck are most phone users always on something like 1% battery? Do iOS users not know how to fucking charge their phone or something?

inb4 android battery life something response

But pic related is my battery

It's easy to have a high battery percentage when you never leave home, buddy

But I leave home everyday

Oooh what app?

Clover

Oh really? The theme threw me off, I'm using dark or whatever it is.

>implying people are on facebook

>unironically viewing sarah andershit

Bump for actual ideas to stop work anxiety, I have so many ideas I wanna do and I have the knowledge/can learn to do them but anxiety kills me Everytime I try to work

You're just afraid to try putting time into doing it since you're worried about the outcome not being in satisfactory levels.

>venturing out of your containment board

>implying every board isnt a contaminant board
>calling it a containment board like a redditor

tl;dr you dont, you just do it. The faster that you get into 'flow' the quicker you don't have to deal with the anxiety any more.

Maybe try completing a /much/ smaller project to build momentum?

True for only some anxieties, pretty much any undesirable future can be causing the anxiety, whether or not that has anything to do with satisfaction is questionable.

2real4me

What I said is absolute truth regarding OPs problem.
If you're OP, stfu and go back to work.

u must know a lot about OP that I don't know, pretty profound diagnosis for someone who doesnt know the person theyre diagnosing

Saw a YT video once that said most people fail/do poorly at tasks because they associate an emotional aspect to the work, as in "if I don't get this project done I'll be stuck in this depressing job forever"

So I guess is you approach something with the mindset of "I want to make something for fun" or "I want to solve this problem as a challenge".

Or just do

you seem to know a lot about what redditors call their boards

Yeah, there are way too many on here

>Screenshot of an image
Do you mind if I share?

Oh here we go

>freezing up and being anxious when presenting yourself with the thought of actually doing something
This has literally ruined my life. I used to get so exceedingly anxious at the thought of doing something I needed to do that I'd put it off for weeks with it burning in the back of my mind. Not even just with work, either. It got so playing games, or watching a movie was something I'd avoid. Anything that felt like an "event", even going to the bank to deposit checks. The solution to the crippling anxiety was to disregard all guilt about what I thought I was "supposed to do" and instead owning myself and what I was doing. Don't bang your head on the wall running away from it, distance yourself from expectation and own everything you do. Do the work for yourself, because it's completion jives with attainment of whatever goals you've set for yourself. This "work anxiety" is the result of you not being in control of the direction of your life. You probably desperately seek reassurance from other people because you can't validate your existence on your own.

>posting the edit