Networking Finals

I have a few questions about networking for my final in 7 hours. My professor was very kind and gave us the questions that are going to be on the test, which are mostly multiple choice. However, since IT is not my major, a few questions are eluding me. I would appreciate any help.

> 1. How many certification exams are required to become Network+ certified?

> 2. Give the four pieces of information found in a frame. (not multiple choice)

> 3. When switching from 568A to 568B the ketword (blank) reminds us to swtich (blank) wires. (I think the second blank is "the order of the")

Other urls found in this thread:

[X:X:X:X::X]:8080
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. No clue
2. It's probably something like destination IP, sender IP, data, and a checksum or trailer
3. Is that for rj45 cables? I forget which one you switch. I don't think it even matters anymore because virtually everything reconfigures for crossover and straight through cables automatically no matter what kind you jam in there

Continued

> 4. A switch uses (blank) to keep track of which host/node is on which port. A cache, turnkey, lineup, or database?

> 5. A series of high-speed switches connected to each other with no computers attached (other than possible a few servers) is known as the network (blank). Infrastructure, skeleton, backbone, or spine? (I think the answer is backbone)

> 6. Given the IP address of 10.7.12.101 and a subnet mask of 255.0.0.0, identify the network portion of the IP address, host portion of the IP address, and broadcast address

Thanks for the help! I'll check those for question number two, and for question number three yes its for rj45 cables

Not sure of this is right either

Confused on how to do this

Last one!

>
>Continued
>
>> 4. A switch uses (blank) to keep track of which host/node is on which port. A cache, turnkey, lineup, or database?
>
>> 5. A series of high-speed switches connected to each other with no computers attached (other than possible a few servers) is known as the network (blank). Infrastructure, skeleton, backbone, or spine? (I think the answer is backbone)
>
>> 6. Given the IP address of 10.7.12.101 and a subnet mask of 255.0.0.0, identify the network portion of the IP address, host portion of the IP address, and broadcast address

4 - Turnkey
5 - Skeleton
6 - 10.7.0.0

57. A
58. B

For Q6:

10.7.12.101 address with subnet mask 255.0.0.0, so the network portion is 10, the host portion is 7.12.101, the broadcast address is 10.255.255.255, net address is 10.0.0.0

Fuck, I'm an NEET CCNP. Might as well see if I still have it
1. Dunno, never did the net+
2. This question is pretty vauge desu
Source MAC and Destination MAC are a given
But you could have shit like VLAN tags, data, and checksum
3. Yeah, the wires are different on a 568A to 568B cable
4. A database. You could call it the CAM table or the MAC table
5. Backbone looks gud. If they're talking about a campus design it would be the core, but it looks like they're talking about the actual Internet backbone here
6. The network portion is 10
The host potion is 7.12.101
The broadcast address is 10.255.255.255
Nobody would use a segment that's that big IRL

are you sure? When I look up the definition for turnkey in networking nothing comes up, I thought it would be the cache. Also, the definition for skeleton is
>A skeleton network is a type of network that passes the stub's remote method calls to the pertaining server and returns the result/output back to the stub. ... A skeleton network may also refer to the network path and communication between the skeleton and the object's remote server, regardless of the stub's involvement

Are you sure that' right?

For number 6 I was looking for the format used

Thanks! Would you mind divulging how you figured this out, although it will be the same on the test it would be easier to learn how to do it then memorize those specific numbers

Thanks very much! Would you have any idea what they keyword might be for question #3?

Look at the zero octets in the subnet mask.
0s mean open addresses
255s mean it's set, unchanging.

So 10.5.17.125 255.0.0.0 network runs from 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255

10.5.17.125 255.255.0.0 runs from 10.5.0.0 to 10.5.255.255

135.168.0.0 - 135.168.255.255
Network add - broadcast address
If it's outside those ranges it's a remote network.

It's more complicated than that, but it's an easy way to eyeball it for your purposes of a non IT career it should suffice.

That help?

A. This subnet goes all the way to 10.255.255.255, so 10.6.12.133 is local
B.This subnet goes only to 10.5.255.255, so 10.6.12.133 is remote
C. That's the same IP address? It's local of course
D. This goes to 135.255.255.255, so 135.168.3.23 is local
E. This subnet goes to 135.168.255.255, so 135.168.3.23 is local
F. This subnet goes to 135.255.255.255, so 135.145.7.24 is local
G. No, this is a /16, 135.145.0.0 would only go to 135.145.255.255

Crossover?
I mean, you cross the Orange and Green pairs after all...

I think so, so for the first one would be local? because 10.6.12.133 is between 10.0.0.0 and 10.255.255.255?

For subnets, 1 bits indicate network portion, and 0s are host portion.

255.0.0.0 in binary is 11111111.0.0.0
Meaning that you have 8 network bits and 24 host bits.

Given an address like 192.168.10.12
With a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0,
That means the first 3 address "octets" are network portion: 192.168.10

The network address is just the result of "zeroing out" the host bits, e.g. 192.168.10.0, and for the broadcast address just turn all the host bits of the address to 1, so it'll be 192.168.10.255

Makes sense?

Thank you!!! Should've realized that, not sleeping does have its impacts on thinking I suppose

I dunno. I'm thinking it's "standard".
The "standard" tells us to change the order of the cables
Fuck, I hate IPV6.
Rest easy, only Europoors and Japs use it. Here in North America we just make retarded NAT schemes.
But eventually NATING NAT will be worse than IPV6

A. It's legit, but nobody IRL would write it out like that
B. You can't leave the last octet blank
C. You can't use periods to separate octets
D.No. E is not a valid hex character. You cannot have an "E" in an IPV6 address
F. Yes, it's perfectly valid to represent multiple octets of 0 with a ::
G. While it's valid to represent a long string of 0s with an ::, you can only do it once an an IP address, so G is invalid
58. In the old days people used a MAC address to generate the host part of an IPV6 address. Obviously it was a dumb idea because of privacy reasons.
When I was a toddler they started using RNG. Using a MAC address is still a valid method, but nobody uses it anymore

Yes it does! I was halfway through explaining why it didn't when it clicked, thanks so much!

Forgot about this one.
My only complain is 1000BaseT is "CAT5E". You can technically get 1000MB on a normal CAT5 cable, but I assume your instructor has real life scenarios in mind, not lab related autism

My teacher has repeated throughout the year that we will eventually have to move on to IPV6, don't know if that's true or not. Regardless, thank you so much for your help!
Thank you! Saved me a lot of work!

Probably haha, thanks!

Yes, anything that falls in the range is local.

#6 the same principal applies. Here's how he got that.

10. is the network portion, it is set, unchanging because the subnet bits match up to that point. (255)

7.12.101 is the host portion as that's what is ID'ing the specific host

Broadcast is the last address in the range. Since 10.7.12.101 255.0.0.0 runs from 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255

>eventually have to move on to IPV6
Eventually yeah, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon. We're probably going to be middle aged by the time that happens.
Most places use really complex NAT schemes.
I know there are some countries where every single computer is funneled through the same public IP address

Match the numbers with the blocks that are in .255
If they match and the .0 is different you are on LAN
If you are in .255 and the other .255 is different its WAN
This is basic stuff, subnetting gets hard when its not a /8/16/24

Check the range with the image, it all must be within 0-6, A-F.
0::0 is zeros to fill the gap.

Yes, thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Isn't best korea one of those countries? I vaguely remember my teacher mentioning it.

fug

no

>some countries
Best korea has 175.45.176.0/22

Some African counties only have one point of fiber going in/out, i doubt they would use a single. IP.

Qatar was one

>2
source mac, destination mac, ethertype/length (depending on DIX or Ethernet II standard), CRC

>3
crossover, the order of the

>2
it's not IP, frame is a layer2 PDU and can carry multitudes of layer3 PDUs (one is IP)

>4
A CAM table (content adressable memory). Those answers suck. I'd go with database

>5
backbone

IPv4 is getting really expensive, most of the costs are through bureaucracy (at least RIPE is anal, you have to prove the usage of every subnet above /30 to them. RIPE is down to it's last /8, ARIN is empty except for surprise finds like MIT's giveaway last week).
We hand those costs over to our customers, but IPv6 they get for free as many as they want.
I think most businesses will dual stack, just so the VPN of remote workers that were put on IPv6 by their provider works again.
Implementing IPv6 is experimental for our customers right now, most of them have to find out the hard way that you can't block ICMP anymore like you used to (ithe NDP messages replace ARP), but I'm definitely seeing an increase in IPv6 orders, mostly in the DC branch.
Also many things have been implemented shittily in IPv6, like navigating to a specifiv port of an IPv6 address - [X:X:X:X::X]:8080 for example. Or the privacy extensions for SLAAC, where PCs build their own host address randomized instead of using their MAC - this leads to every PC changing their address every day and hogging their addresses of the past seven days. Then the PC needs to join a multicast group for every address it owns for NDP to work, times 7, and a server that sits between multiple networks will continue to build link-local randomized addresses. The routers on the segment then need to know about every multicast group, and their routing table gets filled up with NumberOfPCs x 7 multicast routes, and if you don't have good hardware it needs to look at EVERY route to make it's decision.

y u still a NEET if you have ccnp?

Network+ is worthless. When I was trying to break into the industry, meaning I knew a lot of stuff but didn't have experience because I was 18 at the time, I went to comptia and took the following;
Linux+ (I actually failed this one because of the repeated question on cups)
Server+
Network+
Security+
A+

All of these were worthless. Even though I had these, nobody would give me an interview. That changed when I got my CCNA and CCSP. This was before the CCNA had something below it. The CCNA test didn't require much study other than learning the cisco console command structure and some IPV6 shit, and then the NP and SP were just easy tests with more labs. If your goal is to be a network scrub, I'd go for the cisco stuff. You also might want to look into Openstack and Vmware networking, because those are slowly replacing cisco deployments other than core routers/fws etc.

good to know thanks, i got a bachelors in IT and a internship at a major citys county IT department messing with switches and stuff, was wondering how hard itd be to get a job in the field without proper Certs

hey guys i made cisco thread yesterday and i have some questions still if anyone would be so nice...

if IP of network is 192.168.10.0/26 why cant i configure router with ip add 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.192? it wont let me

the very first address is the net address which the router enters into its routing table, you cant use it

can i use 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.192 if its my gateway?

yup, you can use any ip that isn't 0 or 255 as your gw.

wait so i can configure fa0/0 to same IP as i use for gateway? Sorry for retarded questions but i googled for 2 hours and couldnt find definitve answer

If you already have a gateway setup, then you should route your traffic to said gateway. I didn't read your whole thread.