SPACEX NROL-76 Launch

>After an aborted launch attempt at T-1 minute today, SpaceX will be trying again in 24 hours during the backup launch window on May 1st at 07:00 AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

>Live stream will start about 20 minutes before the launch window opens.

youtube.com/watch?v=EzQpkQ1etdA

>This launch will feature an uncommon set of circumstances that should make for a great live stream. The launch will be during daylight, returning to LZ-1 (the ground-based landing pad), and the stream will be uninterrupted during the landing.

>Drone ship landings usually lose signal during the descent because the satellite feed is interrupted by interference, this will not be the case here. This combination of circumstances has only happened once before with the CRS-10 landing a few months ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/business/la-fi-spacex-satellite-launch-20170428-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Elon Musk has only created meme companies that keep failing. The only reason they are not all bankrupt is because Musk is good at fooling investors.

I'm not going to stay awake for it, but I hope you'll keep this thread alive and post videos of it for me to wake up to.

youarethisdeluded.jpg

This.
Also good at fooling people, after all he is a kinda Edison trying to look like a tesla

>SpaceX is literally delivering on everything has always promised
>SpaceX is literally pushing the boundaries of aerospace technology
>Elon Musk is fooling investors
???

It matters not. He has already been corrupted by the one true succubus.

Whatever, but he is surely great at manipulating, he is seen as a genius, when he is an average innovator with money and marketing strategy

1 hour to go

>b-b-but the public opinion
You, sir, are heavily retarded, and also a fag. Go kill yourself.

Can you redpill me about him? Why does everyone say that he is fooling people? After all, tesla was not a scam.

Because he does marketing himself?
That is just recognizing that people know who he is.
Obviously he presents thongs other people have made, but so do all CEO's.
He is playing the same game everyone else is. He makes good on his products and he doesn't care if you cannot afford them.

That's just a meme created by the (((people))) who hate technological progress to try to attempt to discredit Musk and reduce support for him.

not everything he does is a scam
he is like the least accurate shotgun on the planet for every tesla there are thousands of failures
see that tube train shit, that is the biggest retardation he has ever produced

It took 100,000 attempted light bulbs before Newton managed to produce a functioning design so that Edison could manufacture them.

yes exactly
newton focused on one thing and poured all power into making it work

musk shits all over the place in the hope that one of the things he begins will work

>of course that comparison is bad because musk is just the moneybag and not the inventor

kek

but tesla works
also picrelated makes him look like our Sup Forumsuy

>NROL-76
SpaceX is launching NSA satellites now?
Things surely go fast

did you not read what i wrote?
tesla is his only working thing everything else fails

>see that tube train shit, that is the biggest retardation he has ever produced

That was a white paper. No company by Musk was ever started regarding the Hyperloop. All he did was give some grant money to kids in college to make proof of concept vehicles. This is bad, how?

Also:

>he is like the least accurate shotgun on the planet for every tesla there are thousands of failures

Name a single failure in any enterprise he has ever undertaken. You are going to be left wanting.

maybe everything fail because it's just hard?

that's what i critizise
he divides his money on tons of shit

if he were to focus on one thing you would actually get far more success
after all i can not imagine why the fuck he performed that desaster with the hyperloop if he had enough money to invest in private engineers instead of retards

The first one they are launching.

The stream is hilariously awkward since the NRO doesn't fuck around with OpSec. So no one is even allowed to watch from the mission control area. Which means all we get is one guy staring at a camera repeating what Mission Control says while he nervously tries to hold it together because they can't throw to another camera since there is no other camera to throw to.

But muh good for all muh manity

Really makes me think

Again: Answer my question and name a single instance.

>tesla is his only working thing everything else fails
>SpaceX doesn't work
Ok

Just take as examples his image as "the real Iron man", he even makes transparent displays and talks about them in interviews, when those are already present, only because this reinforces his marketed personality

This new video i saw in his recent TED talk also introduces a super-retarded idea. Flying personal vehicles, efficient collective transport systems, or even hyperloops are more realistic than a bunch of expensive concrete tunnels in the underground, also "car transporters"
sound like something very very retarded (seriously? Transport our own transportation vehicle? Self-driving-cars-only roadways would be much more feasable)

You, faggot, are just as them only taking the opposite side, i'm quite pro-progress

>ITT: neckbeards claim to know how to run a multibillion dollar company better than guy who made multibillion dollar company

this thread is pathetic.

My bad. Just inverted
With

When is ETA for launch

Lul, im retarded not -54

in about 20 minutes

>Just take as examples his image as "the real Iron man", he even makes transparent displays and talks about them in interviews, when those are already present, only because this reinforces his marketed personality

Marvel started this, not Musk. Favreau knew about Musk, and then introduced RDJ to him. Then RDJ modeled himself after Musk. This of course entered the press junket once the marketing and colossal success of Iron Man occurred. Followed up with him being asked to do a cameo in Iron Man 2.

Musk has never described himself as "the real Iron man". It's merely the press and public opinion that does this. He makes no attempt to take full credit for anything his companies do, and often very much points out that he can't. In that very same video you're quoting, he even mentions that the tunnel drilling idea is just a personal fascination, a hobby. One that he estimates takes up 2 to 3% of his time. He didn't spend time putting that fucking video presentation together in Blender. All he did was make a video about an idea he had, and talked about the potential feasibility of it. Further, the idea is to increase the efficiency of making tunnels. During this same interview, again, he mentions that if someone were to make a hyperloop they'd probably be better off putting it underground if you were to make an extremely long one (coast-to-coast is the direct example).

Personal flying vehicles are a non-starter and always will be given the insane potential for harm they have. Consider how stressed out our existing infrastructure that merely monitors aircraft and helicopter traffic currently is. Now expand that to millions of small car sized vehicles flying in between fucking buildings in metropolitan areas.

Sorry, it'll never happen. With a car, you just put up some fucking bollards and the job is done.

Im not criticizing or saying anything about Musk, except for the public opinion easy manipulations, he is not someone so worthy of being referred to as the ultimate genious
That's what i think..

Bumping thread, launch should happen within 20 minutes.

GET HYPE

Stream is up.

ПOЧAЛOCЯ!!!!11111

I'm hoping for explosions as usual.

A RUD would be nice.

I hope you'll die

-true about marvel, but he reinforces this idea, subtly
-i never implied that he descibed himself as "the real ironman"
-he as an INTJ surely doesn't mind taking full credit, but he surely wants to be regarded as a very good man, accepted and liked
-saying oblivius things like point 2, or the blender presentation, and the underground hyperloop, doesn't make all your points more reasonable, don't mix statements in this way
-personal flying machines are perfectly feasable if you consider self driving and "floating" driveways, it would be better in metropolitan areas as road ways takes much space
- "Now expans that to millions of small car sized vehicles" that is the same thing some people in the pas have said about cars, (watch a youtube video called "The tesla argument, History repeats itself: 1910 vs 2010)

No RUD's allowed until the ITS.

I unironically want to see that fucker explode. Closest we'll ever probably get to seeing a nuke go off in 4k.

10 minute warning

The landing at LZ1 does limit the types of orbit the payload is going into, right? Because the rocket needs a significant amount of fuel remaining to make LZ1 a candidate rather than a drone ship.

I'm the Musk-critic guy, and this is just silly, why that hope?

A lot of info is confidential this time round as the payload is a spy satellite.

Yeah, but we do know the Falcon is coming back to LZ1. That's why I am saying it.

5 minutes to go

1 minute

60 seconds

GO FOR LAUNCH

30 secs

Lift off

Wew

That's a good design

This is more science than technology, fuck off.

DO A FLIP

What the fuck is wannabe Steve Jobs doing at the launch command?

you fuck off, no one is bothered by this and of course rockets are tech

Thanks OP

On a scale of 1 to comatose, how stressed are SpaceX programmers now?

He's pretty much there for every launch isn't he?
He's even called off some launches himself.

It makes me stressed and I'm not even involved. Launching rockets must be scary as hell every time for them.

imagine fucking up and 9/11ing a house

Everything that could be stressful is over. The launch is literally the hardest part by leaps and bounds. Return is just whatever, they already have 9 cores waiting to be reused, so losing this one is whatever.

He is there for every launch, but usually in Florida at a special mini-Mission Control they've got.

Why aren't they showing the top part of the rocket? Why do we have to watch the other part landing I want to know where the other part went.

Its payload and location are classified

WTF why is that?

Good show. Good show.

success!

hiding the orbit so the chinese can't steal it

BE
A
UTIFUL

south africa shows its superiority once again

how can wh*te boys even compete?

Slightly disappointed by their choice of cameras for the landing.
They had a close camera to the pad but used a far camera for the actual touchdown. Still nice watching almost all of the stage 1 descent from the ground.

It has a US spy satellite or something of that nature on board.

latimes.com/business/la-fi-spacex-satellite-launch-20170428-story.html

Do you even know what NROL is?

because they are launching one of the surveillance satellites that are protecting our freedoms this time

>nobody uses a Mac at SpaceX
Why is this allowed?

>so losing this one is whatever.
Not sure about that, Musk is probably breathing down their necks.
>i swear to god if you fucked up and this thing blows up the first time we show unedited re-entry footage imma fuck you up

>landing a building sized cylinder that was dropping at crazy speeds

Elon Musk will be our saviour

national reconnaissance office launch

That was some impressive footage of the landing

Jesus that fucking landing.

How hard would it be to track the payload with a telescope? They can film it and I doubt they're the only ones that can do that.

Elon still got it, despite having a hot gf now.
Are we all going to make it, bros?

WEW

I'd say the programmers are moderately stressed through out the whole thing.

They're constantly doing updates trying to improve efficiency and everything. There's a billion variables going on through the landing process, constant sensor information being read and acted on by the flight computer onboard. Anything that is not handled correctly could result in a multi-billion dollar loss, unless they have insurance on the first stage recovery, which I think is unlikely.

The three first words answer your question.

Like a needle in a haystack the size of Florida.

>outta here

Musk pretty much isn't afraid of failure. In one interview he doesn't care how much money he's got, this might change with the succubus problem though.

You sheeple will believe this is real

To get a few snap shots not that hard. but to track it requires some A+ clockwork in your tracking stand.
But stop for a moment. It's the public that's not allowed to see.
Because other nations are more than capable of taking a look at it with their own devices.

He IS

We all know that it's CGI but we just like to make believe it's real to keep our hopes and dreams up.

They spent billions to put rocket makers out of a job. They could have stopped at recoverable wreckage to smelt down, but no, they'd rather not have to make a few new components.

>But stop for a moment. It's the public that's not allowed to see.
I'm buying a telescope.

you just keep on fighting the power, brotha

>separation and boostback
I didn't realize just how mad these cunts are.
This is shit I do in Kerbal Space Program and laugh at how ridiculous it is.