Retard youtuber gets robbed

>retard youtuber gets robbed
>computer gets stolen
>past 5 years of work and upcoming projects were on stolen computer
>makes 10 minute video of him sobbing about how he lost all of his personal pictures and work in progress
>youtube is his primary source of income
>gets $30,000+ donated to him to replace his shit and to "increase his security" (which people have been suggesting means he's going to move houses)

i get people feeling bad for him because he got robbed but why on earth would anyone feel bad that he never backed a single thing up off-site?

youtubers are the fucking worst - if you owned a business and you only had one fucking copy of all of your business' crucial data in one machine and nowhere else, nobody would have any sympathy. if your livelihood is made on the internet/computers and you don't understand basic concepts like backing your shit up off-site, then maybe you deserve the wake up call. i know sometimes its infeasible to back up video files but it's definitely feasible to be backing up your past completed work, your in progress writing/storyboarding, and your fucking family pictures.

the best part is that after all of this, his solution is to move houses. i hope he gets fucking robbed again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7MeFId_k1LA
youtube.com/watch?v=Gglbg8CAxyM
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ489KjPqlc
youtube.com/watch?v=Tn46t8NksX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dude, literally no one fucking cares about anything you care about. No one will ever care about shit you do and you will always be confused forever.

I think you're giving too much of a shit, why dont you just go donate to his gofundme?

>be famous
>do something
>get money

>the best part is that after all of this, his solution is to move houses. i hope he gets fucking robbed again.

This.
Hopefully some nigger kills him next time too.

why do you come here and shit on a normie that got robbed? why do you care so much? leave.

can we talk about the fact that OP apparently follows a "creepypasta" youtube channel

just looked him up, he just does fucking "creepypasta" readings? jesus christ

his "i was robbed" video is cringe too and feels fake

I hope he gets robbed again and the robber violently rapes him too.

why are you retards bumping a thread about a youtuber on the technology board

Yeah my half retarded sister like to watch him.
She is 26,and I say half retarded because she wasnt like this before uni.

your sister has depression and this thread doesn't belong on Sup Forums. it doesn't belong anywhere else, but it definitely doesn't belong on Sup Forums

>depression
No she went from normal functioning individual to IQ50 retard that cant add up two numbers.
So w/e

ok

How about buy home and contents insurance, and for once in your life backup your fucking files. I can't believe that there are people stupid enough to have that much at stake and keep it all saved on a local disk.

>retard youtuber
>youtuber
>past 5 years of work stolen

He's posting videos so he clearly still controls his channel. Did they rob the videos on that channel? No, they didn't, so he still has copies of all his videos there.

Perhaps related, there has been a lot of drama around YouTube and big advertisers pulling out due to a New York Times article. Pretty much everyone on YouTube who hasn't diversified has been hurt pretty badly. The few who made YouTube their livelihood and got their own sponsors or sell things are fine but those who relied on youtube's advertisement revenue sharing are mostly crying right now.

I bet this ad thing was just a Google excuse to stop paying high paying YouTuber.

I have very few things worth backing up on my 4TB HDD other than my music and videos and even I don't fell ad for him. If he thought any othis shit was important, he should have bought HDD(s) and stored all his important shit on his laptop there, so if something like this happens all he has to do is get a new computer and start over from where he left off. It's not even rocket science: it's fucking common sense to do that if what you are working with affects your livelihood

*even I don't feel bad for him

What does it have to do with technology? FUck off redditard youtuber. Also "youtuber" is not a real job.

This is far more interesting. I love how people think they can just come here and have horrible tastes in content.
I respect people like op less than people who watch reality TV shows.

>CreepsMcPasta

things are different when all your fans/customers are under the age of 15.

>there has been a lot of drama around YouTube and big advertisers pulling out due to a New York Times article
What happened? Been too busy lately, haven't had time for internet drama

Is she still in uni? I can't tel if you're joking or not.

Did she take a hit of something rough on the human body?

I want to hear more.

Not him but

PewDiePie response:
youtube.com/watch?v=7MeFId_k1LA
youtube.com/watch?v=Gglbg8CAxyM

H3h3 response:
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ489KjPqlc
youtube.com/watch?v=Tn46t8NksX0

You can probably find a drama alert or something on this too, but here're two youtubers with millions of views addressing it.

This. Even skimming the catalog and looking at the people trying to shoehorn gaymes into Sup Forums, they're only interested in the biggest piles of shit ever.

>Also "youtuber" is not a real job.
Of course it is - for some.

If you take a few pictures now and then as a hobby or for fun then you're not a "professional photographer". If you have clients you take pictures for who pay you enough to make a living then it's a job.

There are "bloggers" who make a ton of money and there are "youtubers" that make a ton of money. To those few people it's a very real job. The ob description "Entertainer" is probably a more fitting one.

The videos this guy linked sums it up:
..I took a quick look at h3h3's summary videos (never heard of that channel before). It's like I wrote above, those who are/were entertainers at YouTube and only relied on advertisement revenue are having a very bad day and talking about how they can't continue living off that alone. Those who realized this could happen and have found other ways to generate revenue from their YouTube videos are not hurting the same way.

Here's a reality check for anyone who feels sorry for these youtubers: It's a FREE HOSTING PLATFORM. You can upload your video and have it served to as many people you want in high quality for free. They charge you nothing, in fact they might pay you - though they pay a whole lot less now than they did before. Look into setting up your own website just for your own videos to get an idea of what's involved in terms of time and costs.

There will be those who disappear from youtube and there will be those who realize it's a free hosting platform and find other ways to make enough money to keep on going.

It was actually a WSJ article, and it just pointed out the ads of major companies were appearing next to some controversial content. Clearly many companies didn't like this and bitched at google, so YouTube removed PewDiePies paid show or whatever. WSJ seems to view the whole thing as utterly inconsequential (it is) while YouTubers view it as the beginning of the battle of Armageddon.

an

>There are "bloggers" who make a ton of money and there are "youtubers" that make a ton of money.
Outside of "youtubers" that get tons of money, which can also get sponsorship and shit, regular medium/small sized "youtubers" gain money thorough the ads and donations only. If google changes their policy towards ads monetization then "youtuber" is fucked and basically jobless.

>youtube is his primary source of income
is this still a thing?

>youtuber
Why do you think this belongs on Sup Forums, cumbreath?

You're getting it mixed up. Pewdiepie's paid show (youtube red show) was remover because of his "kill all jews" sign he made some guys hold up and read for five dollars. But this one is as you said: ad companies bitching about their ads appearing on some questionable content I guess.

Hi

Must be the weed

>But this one is as you said: ad companies bitching about their ads appearing on some questionable content I guess.
The only "proof" of this are some screenshots of a low view video that apparently had multiple high paying ads at the same time. Video wasn't even monetized by the uploader anymore, it was copyright claimed or whatever.

holy shit dude

fo sho

Friends and family care.

Yeah the whole thing is retarded. Even the Pewdiepie youtube red thing only happened because the same website out of context extracted nazi stuff from Pewdiepie's videos and sent it to youtube (and disney)

>that cop chilling out with the foot rest up
Made me smile