Tfw amd is gonna make it

tfw amd is gonna make it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0lmEnA8pzHA
agner.org/optimize/#manuals
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/75030-ecc-memory-amds-ryzen-deep-dive-5.html
amigobulls.com/articles/2017-04-28-should-you-buy-amd-stock-ahead-of-q1-earnings-advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>simultaneous
multi track implies its simultaneous

Intel can't into moar cores
NVidia can't into async compute
AMD does what Nintendon't

only inbred rednecks use AMD. all city people are on nvidia + intel.

>city peple are good goys more news at 10

city people are liberal cucks that voted for shillary, kys

When is the earnings report?

HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

We can be glad that Ryzen is as good as it is. I personally didn't expect this. Vega seems to be shitty again, but maybe they can catch up next year. I would consider it if they deliver the 4K 60 FPS GPU before Nvidia does. It will need around 50 % more performance than GP102.

>Therefore, the Ryzen gets more advantage out of simultaneous multithreading than
similar Intel processors do.

agner.org/optimize/#manuals

we're all gonna make it brah

FUCK AMD AND INTEL, EAT SHIT NVIDIA!

ITS ALL ABOUT JIM KELLERâ„¢ INTEGRATED SOLUTIONS!

Vega isnt shit, low tier vega is.

>Vega seems to be shitty again
no one know it's shit or good currently
all those benchmark is just engineer sample

Maybe, but Volta is on its way. Everyone except the hardcore AMD fags have already bought a 1070 because AMD still didn't deliver.

Volta won't be here until Q1 2018, and who knows in what configuration, GV106, GV104, GV102?

That's like saying "Navi is on its way", only a few quarters after Volta.

t. Self hating city dweller

>already bought a 1700

I didn't I'm still on intel integrated and I'm not buying anything until proper 4k 144Hz monitors and GPUs capable of running them are available.

>amd didn't deliver
they delivered my XFX 480 GTR in august 2016, user. did your tardwrangler put in her 2 weeks notice again, or did you strangle her like the last one?

Niggers aren't people user

Then you should sit and and wait some years. I would be glad if there was a GPU for 4K 60 FPS.
Yes, a completely useless GPU for 4K. Even a 1080Ti only reaches 40 FPS.

>Then you should sit and and wait some years.
That was my intention, in the meantime I'll play through my massive backlog of older games I can run on a toaster.

I've done that too long... I'll soon get a secondary 1070 so I can at least play current gen AAA titles with 50+ FPS if I reduce a few settings.

>sli

>Intel can't into moar clores
More cores are useless unless you are working with something that relies heavily on parallelism. If it someway turns to be a problem, they can just start selling Xeons as i7s

>they can just start selling Xeons as i7s

The HEDT i7's are just shitty xeons that couldn't meet the requirements during binning to be a xeon.

missed the 4k part if you said it, but i play at 1080p and the 480 is on par with the 1060 and i'd rather support the red team

>Oh no, the goyim discovered the truth!
i5, i7 and Xeons are all from the same wafer. The same applies to Ryzens, Bulldozers, Core2...

Difference is AMD tends not to disable features on the consumer chips. All ryzen chips support ECC for example (no motherboard has validated it fyi) whereas Intel purposefully gimps their chips to create artificial segmentation.

Besides ASrock all other motherboards don't even have ECC enabled, ECC is not validated but it is working, tested by both hardwareacanucks and level1techs

Yeah but if you actually want to use ECC it needs to work flawlessly or you might as well not bother. IIRC neither of those got ECC working correctly which completely defeats the point.

Further proof that the cities are a lost cause. Civilisation collapse and mass starvation when?

It corrects soft errors(single bit) how is that not enough? That's what ECC is supposed to do, ECC can't even correct hard errors at all.

no it doesn't correct errors, it just crashes the system if it finds one

EPS (0.04)

Sales: 984M vs 984.4M

Q2 QoQ growth projected 14-20%

No, it DOESN'T crash, that's the 'problem'

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/75030-ecc-memory-amds-ryzen-deep-dive-5.html

>So we have good news and we have bad news. The system had absolutely no problems detecting and correcting single-bit errors, otherwise known as soft errors. It corrected literally hundreds of single-bit soft errors without missing a beat. This is why people invest in an ECC-capable platform, so that corrected error (CE) events don't corrupt any data and they don't bring down the system. These single-bit errors are detected, corrected, and logged. Usually by the motherboard and operating system, but right now only by the operating system.

>HOWEVER, things are not quite perfect. On that last line you will notice "1 UE". That is an uncorrected error (UE), otherwise known as a two-bit error or a hard error. Two-bit errors cannot be corrected by ECC memory. What is supposed to happen when they occur is that they should be detected, logged and ideally the system should be immediately halted. These are considered fatal errors and they can easily cause data corruption if the system is not quickly halted and/or rebooted. Regrettably, only 2 of the 3 steps happened. The hard error was detected and it was logged, but the system kept running. The only reason that it's the last line on that image is because we immediately took a screenshot just in case the system would halt, but that never happened.

Yeah, and that's the 'unverified' problem, it detects and fixes soft errors, but doesn't crash the system on hard errors, however, it detects hard errors, so setting up a daemon in a few minutes to read the ecc output, and tell you it happened is trivial.
At least on Linux

>shares drop 6%
>webcast playing melancholic music
Revenue was exactly as Lisa predicted. Only guidance is kinda bad. Guess Naples isn't coming Q2.

Something like dmesg | grep -o "EDAC MC0: 1 UE" ran as a daemon would be a ghetto version would doing any regexp, so just make a script to prompt a logout/shutdown

>Computing and Graphics Revenue was $593 million, up 29% y/y and down 1% q/q.

I say that's pretty damn good, compared to Intel who tanked 15% in client sales QoQ with a full quarter of Kabylake revenue

It's obviously only there because of AMD's new SMT to add additional meme spice.

Q1 was great, but Q2 revenue guidance is only 12% up yoy. Lisa will have some explaining to do.

Are they counting in that 50GHz band acquisition in Q2? Could explain it.

Speaking of funky ways to piss off shareholders, Intel hasn't even reported the Atom losses yet.

Should be funny

Have they met expectations or not?

not inbred, but redneck
I do use amd
He ain't wrong y'all

>mfw my fury x is curb stomping the 980ti
>mfw my fury x is almost on par with a gpu that is 1.5 years newer
>mfw fine wine effect is real
yeah, the 980ti sure was a better buy, noise and all

>Q1 was great

The chipmaker posted revenue of $984 million in the period, also surpassing Street forecasts. Nine analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $982.6 million.

I can shitpost too, but at least I try :)

>Lisa confirmed margin increases driven by Ryzen. Ryzen sales largely off-set seasonal declines in CPU sales.

>GPU sales up (double digits): growing market share and increasing data center wins.

>"Final stages of preparation" for Naples launch. Seeded thousands of CPUs to partners.

>Ryzen sales largely off-set seasonal declines in CPU sales.

In a single month? Surprising.

Afterhours are dumping stock on a positive report, I'll never understand how the stock market works.

Naples is "tail end of Q2" according to the conference call just now.

AMD's situation is too volatile so a lot of people don't know what to do.
Well, that was AMD's situation for quite a few years, it'll recover in a week.

It was always set to be Q2, I wasn't expecting anything sooner than June anyway, not like it matters all that much if it's a month sooner, the server market is a slog to move for new technologies.
According to Patrick Kennedy skylake-SP/EP will have availability in Q3, so it seems AMD will beat Intel to the punch here.

Same happened to Nvidia recently. The market gambled on even better results. It's what happens when they beat expectations several quarters in a row.

>Su Just confirmed that more than one product of Vega will launch this quarter. Guess we get a cut down version, probably what we saw in the leaked benchmark.

>implying that's a bad thing

Oh fuck yes AMD I love you.

Now give me those HBM APUs

Honestly I never expected there was such demand for 8 cores in this market, even with the less than stellar "gaming" reviews, so the market isn't completely braindead, thank god.

However reviews for R5's have been glowing, that's something that should eat Intel's pie.

>Su: Ryzen 3 towards the start of the half, mobile towards holiday season.

Margins up 2%

Because everyone was betting that AMD would exceed expectations - they didn't do that hence the stock is dropping

Su: Vega will be a significant improvement in ASPs.
2 minutes ago

Vivek: Any abnormalities in supply/demand for the GPU side?

Su: mostly normal from an inventory standpoint, undergoing transition from 400 to 500 series. Gaming segment seen as healthy.
3 minutes ago

Su: fair to assume semicustom and Ryzen will have a reasonable Q2 ramp. We don't expect peak run rate in Q2. Ramps throughout the year as more SKUs go online.
5 minutes ago

>The chipmaker posted revenue of $984 million in the period, also surpassing Street forecasts. Nine analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $982.6 million.

Yeah, but Nvidia's tanked 20%

if they surpassed expectations then why are they tanking ?

If they closed their loss per share from 14 cents a year prior to 4 cents now, why is their stock worth 5x as much ?

AMD stock had a lot of hype behind it due to the attention Ryzen was getting.
Q1 earnings deflated some of the hype and thats why the price is dropping.

Not all stock prices are purely based on analyst expectations of what the company will post, but a lot of it can be market mania by some investors.

Ryzen only has 27 days of sales in Q1, that doesn't even include R5's.

ESP met
Less losses than expected
29% YoY computing and graphics growth
Forecasts surpassed

How is this a bad ER I have no fucking idea, but then again, I have no idea what goes through the head of twitchy shareholders

AMD needs to hurry up and get out the Ryzen products that people will actually buy, laptop APUs. Most of the computer market is laptops. Ryzen's power efficiency and low cost makes it perfect for laptops, especially now that laptop makers are in a race to the bottom to shit out the cheapest laptops possible like Chromebooks and $200 Windows 10 machines. I'm certain that a dual core Ryzen APU will be more power efficient than like an i3 or a Celeron, and with better graphics performance to boot.

see

The holiday season is a long time away.

Thankfully that's where the bulk of OEM/laptop sales are.
So they seem to be ready for that.

>ECC can't even correct hard errors at all.

a hard memory error is still the symptom and not the underlying manufacturing error you dumbshit.

SECDED and higher certainly will take care of most word errors caused by an isolated flaky sense amp.

Hell, shit like Chipkill is predicated on spreading word bytes across enough physical DRAMs that even an entirely dead chip can be shrugged off for long enough gracefully handle the failure.

They need to launch Vega first. Ravem Ridge is Zen + Vega.

No it isn't.

It's on a different process node because of the GPU.

yeah no doubt the earnings report is not bad, but what I am saying is there is a lot of hype behind AMD stock.

Like why would the stock be at 14.xx with just anticipation to the ryzen release, or before any earnings reports are released.
How is that not hype ?

Then you get nice articles like this
amigobulls.com/articles/2017-04-28-should-you-buy-amd-stock-ahead-of-q1-earnings-advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd
>If you can handle the volatility and risk, AMD could be a good high-risk reward bet going into this earnings release.

It is. It's tops at 4 Zen cores and 11 Vega NCU.

Not really surprising that more people are sick of Intel's bullshit and went over to team red.

I hope you get cancer for being a lying ass bitch. It is not Zen+

Dedicated Vega GPUs have nothing to do with Raven Ridge, Vega cards are 500mm2, the Vega in RavenRidge is gonna be around 110mm2, they finished Vega in the APUs much sooner than the cards.

Where did i said anything about Zen+ you moron? I said it's Zen + Vega, not Zen+ + Vega you retard.

>Ryzen only has 27 days of sales in Q1, that doesn't even include R5's.

Bulldozer had 14 days of sales in Q3 2011 and AMD still managed to become profitable from it. Ryzen is a complete failure financially.

Of course there's hype, it went up 600% from last year, for anyone smart enough to invest he could have lived without worry for years.

Anyhow, I don't see how people were expecting "WHOA AMAZING" from Ryzen in the ER when Ryzen didn't even have a full month of sales, and that was only 3 SKUs far from the $200 sweet point

>Lisa confirmed margin increases driven by Ryzen. Ryzen sales largely off-set seasonal declines in CPU sales.

Right, get a trip so I can filter you

>if you state facts that don't agree with my pro-AMD worldview then i will filter you

libtard

Get a trip.

>Posting games I don't care for
I don't play AAA titles from day One, unless its ME Andromeda, which is the main reason why I need SLI

Read the Q3 2011 earnings report.
>Sequentially, higher mobile and server microprocessor revenues were partially offset by lower desktop revenue. The year-over-year increase was primarily driven by higher mobile processor and chipset revenue.
AMD was growing revenue back then not because of Bulldozer, but despite of Bulldozer.

Now it's completely the opposite. AMD is growing revenue because of Ryzen.