/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
HTC U 11 retail box specs leak
mysmartprice.com/gear/2017/05/01/exclusive-htc-u-11-specifications-features-price/

ZTE Axon 7 updated with Night Mode setting, support for 256 GB microSD cards
community.zteusa.com/thread/22027

Sony Xperia XZ Premium Camera Review
recombu.com/mobile/article/sony-xperia-xz-premium-camera-review

Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus "Real Review"
youtube.com/watch?v=sseV73bbygc

DetroitBORG's review of the Galaxy S8 & S8+
youtu.be/0ApRV2ddYQo

Best phones around $300 (5"-5.2") | in-depth comparison -
youtu.be/kQ9DPugipk8

Xiaomi Mi Mix Mini-Review
youtube.com/watch?v=gAk26UKYZ0A

old

Other urls found in this thread:

willmyphonework.net/
geekbuying.com/item/-EU-Version--ONEPLUS-3T-A3003--6GB-64GB-Smartphone---Gunmetal-376023.html
forums.oneplus.net/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-flash-twrp-install-lineageos-no-root-required.500678/
techtrickz.com/download/oneplus-recovery-tool-restores-oneplus-one-to-stock-and-unbrick-it/
aliexpress.com/item/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-5-0-FHD-Snapdragon-820-Quad-Core-13-0MP-Fingerprint/32691720976.html
aliexpress.com/item/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829-5-7-inch-2560-1440P-Android-6-0-Smartphone-Snapdragon/32792770089.html
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4X-4-X-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROMSmartphone-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core-5/32806391032.html
aliexpress.com/item/Presale-Original-Oukitel-K6000-Plus-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-MTK6750T-Octa-Core-5-5-FHD-1920x1080/32801516562.html
aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-5-5-IPS-FHD-Huawei-Honor-6X-play-Kirin-655-octa-core-android-6/32800126537.html
ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Snapdragon-820-Fingerprint-ID-4GB-64GB-Android-6-0-4G-Mobile-Phone-/252867995119?hash=item3ae01b65ef:g:3RUAAOSw4A5YyhVE
amazon.com/dp/B01K20UTSK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_UK-bzb8EBXJFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is yotaphone 2 still a good phone in 2017?

>using a white supremacist sign

WHIITE POWWEERRRRR

is it true all data goes through blackberrys servers on a blackberry phone?

whats the best chinkphone i can get for around 200$ buckaroos or so?

need something cheap to take with me to europe but needs to work in canada (vancouver) as well

looking at the le max 2 or redmi note 4 global but i dont know if something else would be better, is zuk z2 worth looking into?

i know literally nothing about phones by the way

4gb 128gb Mi Max or 4gb 64gb Note 4x?

Looking to get a budget android phone in the UK. Not looking to use custom rom or anything fancy.

A lot of reviews I've read bring up the Wileyfox range, Lenovo P2 and Moto G range as being best choices for the £200 mark.

Can some kind user please do a breakdown of each and advise on the pros and cons to a simpleton like myself?

Hello /spg/

I don't care much for features, all I want is a great camera.

What would you recommend?

Budget 300/400 euro

Any Moto G4 owners here?
I've been reading up all these supposed issues and now I'm worried I fucked up.
Did I fuck up?

Zuk Z2 > Honor 6X > ZTE Blade V8 Pro > Le Max 2.

check willmyphonework.net/ for compatibility.

Moto G5 if you want stockish Android with ok specs.
P2 if you want the best battery life.
Wileyfox if your'e a fag.

LG bootloop G4.

Xiaomi Mi5s vs Xiaomi Mi5sPlus vs Lenovo Zuk Z2 pro

What to buy?

What i need:
-good camera
-build quality

Should i buy Galaxy S7 flat for 380€?

iPhone SE, Honor 8

Z2 Pro has more RAM, more storage, and a better camera.
Xiaomi however is known for their lackluster build quality.

I cannot access TWRP on my OnePlus one running oxygenos 3.1.4. it happened after I deleted what I thought were backups.

I have tried resetting, and loading a backup, and they just get stuck on a boot screen. I've tried reinstalling TWRP but nothing changes

What have I done and how do I fix it?
Is there a way to totally reset the phone besides through the settings?

So P2 vs G5, which would be a better shout?

P2 has a better SoC and much better battery, I'd go for it unless you want a smaller phone.

Can you access the phone in adb on your computer?

Honor 8

What's the state of jailbreak nowadays?

The last iPhone I had was the original iPhone (2G), and you actually had to jailbreak it to get any semblance of functionality from it. Is jailbreak still useful nowadays?

>another year's phones all announced and launched
>still no viable upgrade to GNote4
welp maybe next year

10.1.1 for 7 and 7 Plus devices
10.2 for everything else
Supposedly new Jailbreak for 10.3, but no release date set.
Can still do some neat things with a jailbreak, but most of it can be done on Android stock.

>carrier
verizon
>country
us

i want an android phone that can work on verizon. i currently have an iphone 5s.

thinking about waiting for the s8 price drop or maybe picking up an s7/s7e.

do i have other options for a decent android phone on verizon? i know verizon is shit but i cant switch

Meant for

Xaiomi Mi Mix Ultimate is worth the price? The camera is good?

>quality
hahaha what? for almost no money i can get a chink phone with full metal body that will last me years while you pay for some plastic shit that costs 3 times more and go like
>OH GOD MY HAND IT TOOK MY HAND I JSUT WANTED TO CHARGE IT AND IT FUCKING EXPLODED

Yes

What's Sprint's replacement policy for defective phones like? Can you only get a replacement phone that's the same as the one you had?

What good phones (not s7 or op3) have the bands 2600 and 700?

So I'm trying to buy a OP3T in the UK for as cheap as possible. A lot of sites that are selling them for fairly cheap are also advertising them as "Flashed OS" (See pic). What would this mean for me if I'm on EE (/T-Mobile), is it safe to buy? Thank you

It's the Chinese version. it won't work in the UK.

Jesus, thanks m8. Is there a way I can spot the Chinese versions, for example, by looking for a product code through the 'specs' part of the store's page or something? All 'official' vendors in the UK are selling for upwards of £499 it's ridiculous.

Itse will work in the UK but 4G coverage will be worse than with the EU version as it's missing B20

Look at the network band support, if it has B20 it's the EU version, if it doesn't it's the Chinese version

B20 is only used for remote rural coverage in the UK.

The Chinese version also comes without Google services and Google play.

Hi, I have a question and I found no answer so far.

I have bought several apps on Google Play store. Now I want to install LineageOS and have as little google as possible (none, desu).

Is there a way to get the paid APK and use it without Gapps? I have looked around, but I cannot find anything.

Thanks.

Download the APK to your PC via airdroid.

The "flashed OS" bit here
means it's been flashed with OxygenOS with Google apps.

It's the same price in their official store. for what purpose??

Thanks for all the info, really helpful. On theFAQ page of another store there are people asking about the model number, the seller says they're EU A3003, as opposed to the earlier pic I linked which is A3010. Am I correct in assuming that that's another way of differentiating between China and EU models?

It's not the same price, the picture linked in that post shows £374.99 for the 128GB model, on the OP3T Uk store page the same model is £439

geekbuying.com/item/-EU-Version--ONEPLUS-3T-A3003--6GB-64GB-Smartphone---Gunmetal-376023.html

£350
EU Version.

Yes unless the phone isn't in stock anymore and you basically get an upgrade for free but you have to have insurance

forums.oneplus.net/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-flash-twrp-install-lineageos-no-root-required.500678/

Thanks for the link, but I've heard nothing but bad things about that site, aren't they notoriously shady?

I think it used to be, for security reasons
No idea if it they're still as secure as they were

I've already tried reflashing twrp but I'll go through it again anyway

If you have root, try using flashfire.

Nah, they just take a while to ship.

Sure thing Hong Fei, you're literally the retards at Walmart buying a Walmart exclusive TV thinking you're some mastermind getting a great deal

You could always try this first if it fails

techtrickz.com/download/oneplus-recovery-tool-restores-oneplus-one-to-stock-and-unbrick-it/

Thanks y'all, I'll look at these tonight

Thanks, so I guess they're basically similar to Gearbest in that regard.

Anyone else bought from chink sites to the UK, what can I expect in terms of Import tax/VAT?

pls help

this is my first android phone i want it to be less than painful

You gonna get him with customs tax
Buy from honorbuy, grossoshop or flosmall.

geekbuying too if you choose "es stock" (ships from Spain).

Is this still a viable phone for 2017? I've read that android support is ending soon - does it mean future apps won't be able to run properly on it? Want to switch from my S6 to a decent phone but still thinking about either this one or the KeyOne

Do you think Sprint would let me replace my v20 with an s8 now that LG is being sued for their bootloops? I regret my decision to get this phone

Buy it anyways, it's only like $200 and it's an awesome phone

They won't, they'll just get you a new LG, but if the new ones keep boot looping and you go back to the same store they should replace it with another model, it's their stupid protocol

I'm currently keeping an eye on it on ebay if I'm lucky I'll be able to get it for cheap

I'd like to take the opportunity to share that I ordered the Redmeme 4 Prime and wallet cases for it from two different people on the same day.

I've the phone for two weeks now and I still don't have a case for it.

I know some don't like phone cases but I really do, those wallet cases protect the screen and it's like a built-in stand.

I am very annoyed.

REEEEEEEEEEE

STOP THROWING WHITE POWER SIGNS AROUND

Lenovo P2 has great battery life 5000 mAh iirc

>yotaphone 2
2014 model, gimmicky second screen. SD801 SoC is getting long in the tooth and you definitely won't see official updates for it, and custom support depends on unlockability of the bootloader and interest in the device. Plus they need to do something about that secondary screen which will slow down efforts. You'd be better off with an S5 if you can one where you can get custom software on it, or Nexus 5 (2013) but that has even worse battery life than the Yotaphone. These are all like ultimate poorfag phones because they're all outdated with an 800/801 in it. It was a good SoC, just old.

They'd need to do like a VPN on Android. I believe that this was the case for their enterprise stuff back in the day, but no longer.

by reinstalling TWRP do you mean flashing the recovery img? That would be my first step.

loading a backup? That sounds like you're in TWRP. Is this a problem with your backups not working in TWRP? Because you deleted them?

Enjoy losing your cards, cash, and phone in one go.

BBOS (aka QNX) was good but its dead, Android is the future. KeyOne is expensive for what it is, but pretty much your only option for a phone with a keyboard. Passport is pretty old now, your problem is similar to the Yotaphone guy, it's a phone from 20-dickety-14 with an 801 inside. Plus it doesn't run Android apps natively, I couldn't find anything about "android support" ending, but I did find out that WhatsApp is discontinuing support in June for BBOS.

Please respond

>Enjoy losing your cards, cash, and phone in one go.
I know I won't. I only use the phone's wallet case for the actual phone. It protects the screen when it's in a pocket and it acts as a stand when I need that to watch something on the train or bus or similar. I have a separate card holder case for my cards and another wallet for cash. I've done it this way since before cellphones had touchscreens, I've always liked having cards separate from the wallet with coins and bills.

But I - quite frankly - don't see how this makes any difference at all in a lot of situations. If I'm robbed by a gang of sandniggers in an alley then I'll probably lose the wallet and the card holder and the phone and the phones's wallet case in one go anyway.

Any root guide for the HTC Desire 626s?

There was no need to bring racism in here! This is a safe space!

But you're right, thieves will probably take all of it. I'm thinking more if you misplace it. Thankfully sandniggers aren't too big of a problem here yet.

what in the hell are these buttons supposed to symbolize?

>back: back arrow
>home: disconnected square
>multitasking: weird arrows

the stock android ones make more sense while being simplistic.

ok last post

aliexpress.com/item/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-5-0-FHD-Snapdragon-820-Quad-Core-13-0MP-Fingerprint/32691720976.html

aliexpress.com/item/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829-5-7-inch-2560-1440P-Android-6-0-Smartphone-Snapdragon/32792770089.html

aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4X-4-X-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROMSmartphone-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core-5/32806391032.html

aliexpress.com/item/Presale-Original-Oukitel-K6000-Plus-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-MTK6750T-Octa-Core-5-5-FHD-1920x1080/32801516562.html

aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-5-5-IPS-FHD-Huawei-Honor-6X-play-Kirin-655-octa-core-android-6/32800126537.html

which one of these fuckers should i buy

need to work in canada (vancouver) but also in europe

mostly care about durability, battery life, and camera but specs are good too

dont really play games, dont care about speakers or gimmicky shit

mostly just for browsing internet and maybe watching movies

Let Max 2 or Honor 6X

Just because you're poor doesn't mean you need to try and find a flaw with the best phone out right now.

>poor
I own a Pixel XL, how is that poor?

Nice bezels

>> poor use of space

who cares about the bezels m8.

looking for a new phone

>County
USA
>carrier
On Verizon right now, but will probably be switching so whatever is considered the best
>features
really good screen, at least 5.5 inches, preferably more
microsd and/or more than 64 gigs of storage
good sound processing
rootable
>budget
under $800

is the g6 a good choice right now?

Does the s8 come unlocked when you buy it directly from Samsung?

>non-meme curves
>Nice screen (for LCD, at least)
>Cheaper than S8
You could do worse. Haven't even heard anything about bootloops yet.

>LG phone
>ever
never a good choice unless you want a bootlooping POS that is literally worse than chinkshit

>t. previous nexus 4 and nexus 5 owner

I'm thinking it has to be one of the best phones out right now, right?
Alongside Pixel and S8

What should I get then?
Can't get the Pixel

It definitely is. Could go with One Plus 3T, but the One Plus 5 is on the way.

>One Plus 5 is on the way.
Could be worth waiting a bit. Problem is OP tends to be limited release, so it could take a while to get my hands on it, which is a bit of my problem since my phone is really unusable right now

This one requires I can access recovery mode which is the problem

Zuk Z2 is like 300ish though. And isn't the V* better is specs anyways?

Can't find it on Amazon, I see one for 240 send me a link?
Also, do you know if this is legit?
ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Snapdragon-820-Fingerprint-ID-4GB-64GB-Android-6-0-4G-Mobile-Phone-/252867995119?hash=item3ae01b65ef:g:3RUAAOSw4A5YyhVE

Still rocking the G3 nearly three years after its release. There's nothing wrong with the phone, its starting to show its age however with some of the newest apps and games (not that this is much of a problem).

However, I'm getting tired of TMobile and their garbage coverage in Chicago. Would like to go back to Sprint or ATT and get a new phone because lol D851.

Should I get the meme Keyone or the HTC U 11? Would've liked to get the G6 but there's something about it I just don't like...

I'm loving my Pixel XL.

>Can't find it on Amazon, I see one for 240 send me a link?
Lenovo ZUK Z2 64GB White, Dual Sim, 5", 4GB Ram, WCDMA GSM FDD-LTE, Unlocked International model, No Warranty amazon.com/dp/B01K20UTSK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_UK-bzb8EBXJFQ
>Also, do you know if this is legit?
I can't attest to that. I don't like buying off of eBay since everything in there looks shady af

IF YOU WANT TO BUY A MOTO G5 PLUS AND LIVE IN THE US, try to get best buy to price match the prime exclusive price available at Amazon. Today I was able to get best buy to price match the 64gb version of the Moto G5 Plus for $239.99

I originally didn't mind buying the ad version until I read that I had to press the fingerprint scanner two times to get to the home screen. And there's no way to disable lockscreen ads yet. I wouldn't wait to long to do this though. Best buy might catch on to this soon.

(Goodbye by beloved Redmi note 3 pro whose speakers and headphone jack stopped working a week after I accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen ;_;)

Good ROM for Galaxy S5?

Can anyone recommend a good phone to take internationally with me? Ideally I want a giant battery strapped to a good camera and an antenna that can use most international frequencies. I don't need a nice screen, I don't need a fast processor, I don't need a thousand sensors. I just want to take pictures all day and send/receive texts/calls on a phone that will hurt the least when it inevitably gets stolen or broken by an angery border guard.

Any suggestions?

How can I force an LS v20 to bootloop?

use it for more than a year

Are all flagship phones large and made of glass?

Are there any recent ones...not like that?

What's the state of xposed on Nougat? Is stability (or at least any sort of usability) within sight, or is it still a long way off?

Me, base model owner since September. Updated to official Nougat, no problems yet, still happy with it.
What are you worried about?

is there a real difference in the AMOLED generation between S6 and S7?

I used to have a S6 and now I own a Pixel XL. It's been 6 months since the Pixel XL and I haven't noticed any burn-in or yellowing. The Galaxy S6 yellowed within 3 months for me though.