Nyaa dying reminded me of the pitfalls of centralization

nyaa dying reminded me of the pitfalls of centralization

torrents are half decentralized in that even without a tracker you can sometimes rely on DHT

however, that still leaves the problems of discovery and curation

what are the latest solutions to those problems?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HorribleSubs/status/859156149018402816
gnunet.org/
github.com/PurpleI2P/i2pd
torrentfreak.com/anime-torrent-site-nyaa-goes-down-after-domain-name-deactivation-170502/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gnunet is the future of sharing and the internet in general

>discovery
Just ping everyone and index found nodes
>curation
Encryption, also used in discovery as proof-of-work disincentivizes poisoning the tables.

I think I'll develop my own shitty mesh net in a few years.

>nyaas dying
wha......

FUCK

>nyaa dying
fuck, I didn't hear about this. the page isn't loading. is it actually gone permanently? Where the fuck am I going to steal my chinktoons now?

>Commie Subs @commiesubs 1h1 hour ago
>Nyaa is dead

wtf. is it archived or something? Will it be back with a different domain or not?

there's only speculation for now, but they deactivated the domain so it's not like the other times it was down

Dunno, but at least some of what was on Nyaa is also on Anidex. Not much, but it's something.
If Nyaa isn't going to secure new hosting, perhaps they can dump the .torrent files somewhere so another site can take them up. DHT does work fine so no need to even to even convert them.

But there's still BBT and AB.

do you guys think it's dead permanently now? What's a good alternative?

twitter.com/HorribleSubs/status/859156149018402816

rip, I didn't even notice.

I'd rather never watch anime again than use CR.

>nyaa dying
Fury of a thousand weebs incoming.

Fuck tho, any good file share lost is a net loss for everyone.

I'm never using crunchyroll period because streaming is for faggots. you don't actually own anything you stream.

well at least now i am forced to work on my backlog.

I regularly post on Sup Forums and I've never watched anime. recommend me some.

I hope ya'll made an account.

boku no pico

that looks like creepy pedo-tier garbage user

haibane renmei

welcome to the nhk

Robotech

looks like you should leave this wobsite and never come back

>tfw desperately slapping openbittorrent trackers into the tracker list and hoping for the best

Sukebei ;_;

Good thing I just reactivated my AB account.

You don't actually own anything you torrent either :^p

You can't like, own data man.

What is so bad about CR?

this

You.

This, but they need more contributors.

A few of us have intentions to flood it with music and anime as soon as the next version is released.
We've been waiting patiently for months now.

Vuze freenet i2p

if only there were something that made up for the all shortcomings of freenet, i2p, and ipfs
some sort of, best of all worlds, minus everything bad

Rurouni Kenshin. Japan was changing after the shogun era and samurais became errand vagabonds, this anime tells the story of many such individuals.
Fullmetal Alchemist (+ Conqueror of Shambala). The original series depicts a version of its own, a tale of tragedy and powers beyond our science, our dreams, and our nightmares.
Cardcaptor Sakura. The magical girl that inherits a zodiac of powers, also has to catch them all before they run rampant.
Sailor Moon. Main character is the reincarnation of a moon princess, battles the forces that killed her while trying to maintain a personal life.
Slayers. In a world ruled by magic, Rina Inverse is a traveling wizard looking for fame and fortune, then he met Gaudi, who possess an incredible weapon, and some very powerful enemies.
Yu Yu Kakusho. A student killed in a car accident is given a second chance, he must stop supernatural entities breaking into our world, but the an ever increasing powerful groups are more than a challenge.
Sola. Between romance and drama this can be quite sad and shocking about a boy and a girl, can't ell you much without spoilers but the supernatural part plays a role of getting in between the story of its characters.
Robotech (the saga by Harmony Gold). Epic space opera, consider watching the Harmony Gold version, there is so much going on for particular characters who are part of a major event but never for a minute you lose grip of love story or the action. With the invasion of aliens the only hope for mankind is an alien ship that crash landed years ago.
Saint Seiya. The legendary saga of Athena and her warriors is a cosmic fight here on earth. Mystical powers and a good plot is a classic you must not miss.

How does gnunet work? Does it have IRC, torrents and email like i2p? Because that is what we need

What does "serve unlimited data" means?

I am more concerned about the meaning of "redundancy"

Goddam, that leaves me with a lot of questions

>various arrangements of electrons on a circuit board
>a tangible possesion

>ctrl + f
>no demonsaw

fucking tech illiterates on my Sup Forums

means you can't easily push everything on your computer to freenet, while you could with everything else mentioned there
means that multiple and changing people can send you parts of the same files and your client can't tell and doesn't care
some of these people can leave and new ones could show up
if someone completely unrelated publishes the same file, it will just join the pool based on the hash or something

gnunet is a replacement for the entire internet protocol
you could conceivably write anything to work over gnunet
it is a suite of protocols, not a program
they also have one of the few remaining pleebnet navigable wobsites gnunet.org/
very informative if you have any questions
if something isn't answered for you there, you might have luck in their room no freenode

if only it had any users or content

tokyo toshokan still works right?

i prefer github.com/PurpleI2P/i2pd

Nah dude, I think they died last year or so.

Well, fuck. I regret letting my animebytes account lapse like 3 years ago, I had a healthy library and was just working on currently airing stuff so I downloaded nothing new there for a few months and got kicked. Sucks.

animetorrents.me had open sign up not long ago, they're not too bad.

Also if you just want new release fansubs a lot of the fansub groups have their own RSS with torrents.

oh my god thanks

Thanks for the link, I see if they have a brief review on the protocol, if is anything like what you say I am favoring gnunet over anything else

I sometimes use perfectdark for weeb stuff.

Last Exile
Mushishi
Saikano
Kaiba(don't let the art style fool you)

Okay guys, after looking at how GNUnet works I am fucking sold

forget Tor and even i2p, we need to have this shit up and running for email and torrenting

don't bother, it's a honeypot

Where the fuck am I going to download My Hero Academia now?!

fuck off CIA

PLANETES

moot himself personally recommended me it and it was the best Chinese cartoon i've ever watched

I have been waiting for like 8 months for the next major (supposedly not backwards compatible) version to be released.
When it finally does, I will be putting up 3TB of anime, 2TB of (non dead) music, and 6TB of Grateful Dead recordings.
I don't know about making clients that actually do important things like you're talking about, but at least I can make the network more appealing and interesting contentwise.
What we \emph{really} need is someone to overhaul their terrible stock GUIs - If anyone can into gtk and is looking for a project, please help.

nyaa died? what the fuck!

Same here. I got a shit ton of music I got from what.cd before it died. I think I'll set up gnunet on my home server and start sharing it. It's not like my home connection contributed anything to my ratio anyway.

>wow 70gb for victory gundam blurays? shit thats a fucking pain I'd have to check if I have enough space and whatever, plus I haven't even watched F91 yet, I'll deal with it tomorrow
>get back from work and nyaa is KIA

I'll be dumping too, goddam, music, movies, documentaries, ebooks, even videogames, have near 5TB between that

I understand the need for GUIs, but I want to use my CLI clients for mail and torrent

I mean, I'll be happy to use mutt and something resembling transmission-remote-cli, and maybe even have the chance of using irssi if IRC is available

they changed suffixes but they're still up

The gnunet cli interaction is baller, but I'm looking out for pleebs who just want it to look and behave like Transmission or whatever.
I have no desire to cater to wangblows users, but some people just want guis and this will never be viable unless we get more people using it.

>Think this isn't much of a big deal
>Suddenly remember that's the place where i get Illusion games once a year

Yeah fuck off, forcing people into cli just screams 'muh autofellatio autism club'

Hongfire is still full of autists who painstakingly translate and mod every one of those games, a magnet will be posted there at the very least.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but why are you guys waiting for the next release? Why not now?

>Yeah I'm gonna eng patch this game but fuck these loli scenes you don't get those, I'm removing those.
>You're also not allowed to complain >:(((((

did you even read that post?

Because I heard that it will not be back compatible with the current version.
I figured there was no point in trying to get people to use it if everything they put up would just be lost in a couple weeks[months].

I just hope they make a middleman to work with my cli applications, take irssi for example, it can work with any port you throw at, is enough flexible to not need more than an intermediary and probably is among the easiest things to do with gnunet, and IRC is so much good publicity than gnunet will benefit too

I dream of the this working user

Were you the one in their freenet room talking about IRC over gnunet?
If not someone is making this happen for you user, rejoice!

s/net/node/
god dammit

Azumanga Daioh
Lucky Star
K-On
Yuyushiki
Nichijou
Non Non Biyori
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?
Kiniro Mosaic
Yuru Yuri
Minami ke

Oh god, it wasn't me, is a glorious day user!

Hongfire is THE worst page in the whole internet to browse or look for content
>Hurr let's use Bulletin Board System to list content

just search the name of the game after seeing it pop up on getchu.
it's not hard.

We made a chart about it. Also, Legend of Galatic Heroes or Aria.

>people actually answering an anime request post truthfully
>faggot not being told to lurk more/harder
>only one boku no pico
if it wasn't obvious before, this site is officially dead

this isn't Sup Forums

ANIME WEBSITE

>people responding with content instead of shitposting the thread to death

site is more alive than ever

Can anyone make sense of this? I ran dig on nyaa and another domain I found in the record but I don't know anything about DNS. To me it looks like whoever they registered the domain with is having issues if registry-default.nic.se is having an identical problem, no?

Whois indicates that the domain has been deactivated.
It's dead.

I watched that and I have no idea what it was actually about

Great Teacher Onizuka
Salaryman Kintaro
Golden Boy
Mushishi
Natsume Yuujinchou
Mob Psycho 100
The Original Dragonball
Fist of the North Star

Someone rate my taste

Shit/10

It's not really "about" anything, it's just some nice characters and seeing what goes on in their little world.

Is IPFS going anywhere?

>Yuri SoL shit
You have terrible taste. Never post again.

>dont mind us were just pirating this torrent

who?

Don't bully him and fuck off.

>hating on Azumanga Daioh
How does it feel to have a giant horsecock shoved in your underage asshole all the fucking time?

Forgot to add Aria, Sora no Woto, Kemono Friends, and Gintama.
It's like you don't like girls or something.

torrentfreak.com/anime-torrent-site-nyaa-goes-down-after-domain-name-deactivation-170502/

If you watch anime for any reason besides cute girls you are doing it wrong.

>still using torrents and not XDCC
unforgivable.jpg

i only use XDCC if i need to, for the benefit of the XDCC servers
torrents are generally faster and they reduce the load on the source