RuneScape bots are technology. What bots does Sup Forums use? Any special techniques used to avoid the ban hammer?

RuneScape bots are technology. What bots does Sup Forums use? Any special techniques used to avoid the ban hammer?

asking for rs3 or osrs?

I want to talk about bots too, anybody with experience on eggdrop or XDCC?

I need to automate IRC downloads but don't know how

Stop playing runescape

I made some mong hunter bot a while ago using OSBot API.

Don't really play runescape, but it was pretty fun playing around with it.

API was kind of still bad though. I remember i had to implement two methods in order to have the bot operate as expected.

Nah bro, some way some how people keep playing that game.

if you are gonna use someone's API you might as well just use someone's bot

What do you mean? My friend told me to check it out and make him some bot.

I never played runescape, so I'm not familiar with it really.

What do you suggest boss man?

The API was Java based, which was cool because at that time that was about all I was proficient in.

runescape is also a videogame.

OSRS desu

How does bot detection actually work?

I'm curious about making some bots since I don't feel like grinding a whole new character, but it seems like a waste of time if they'll just be banned

It pings your computer and scans for botware, basically ur fucked

I used to have a very primitive leveling/farming bot. I forgot what it was called.
You simply moused over a color on screen and the bot would find and click on that color every x seconds. So I could go near some non-aggro enemies and set it to click on one every 20 seconds or whatever. It was pretty effective, and I don't know if it was even possible to detect since I never got caught.

Couldn't you circumvent that by running RS in a sandbox?

Is that the one I took a dump in your mouth?

Bot detection got a lot better when your boy Jacobin, the former owner of RSBuddy, went to work for Jagex's anti bot department.

FUCK YOU JACOB

He'll be freezing with Judas when his day comes.

Jacmob the great, Jacmob the betrayer.

rs classic feels a lot more locked down. I have given up doing anything with memory. I run color bots(not simba) from host to guest vm on a spare desktop. i'm no chinese so i dont care about "le'fficiency".

i've done okay so far you just HAVE to take account the following:
1. variable mouse speed
2. variable mouse locations
3. variable mouse pathing (no perfectly straight lines)

and some other things to weed yourself off the jacmob death list

ps: idgaf what anyone says, public bots with injection is DEAD

How is botting profitable really nowadays?
True it's easy to create since bonds are a thing but OSRS economy isn't new anymore and rs3 is too old.

This. Jacmob committed the greatest act of treason in MMORPG history. He single-handedly destroyed the RS botting community.

Its still sort of profitable. But its a lot of work around for a lot less pay off.

In the past you could make thousands, but now you're lucky to be a hundredaire.

One of my friends actually owned 17 PCs and used them for botting. He was making guap.

After the RuneScape ban hammer he moved to league botting, but that was a lot less lucrative.

He's probably got a square job now, cucking it up like me.

I wish I could go back in time and write scripts when they actually mattered.

RS3 last year. Hunting lizards in east of varrock. A bot there for six weeks straight. No time shift in clicks. Honestly was just a timer. No AI to it at all. Even Trying to collect from unspring traps.
Seemed to be a main account. So I'm guessing jagex looks the other way if it's personal use should you be paying for members.
07scape would be different. It actually has a userbase, so banning accounts would be more profitable.
I gave up on rs3 not too much longer after dark bows required defense. Fuck my shit up fampi. Was A jav mage. Had to move to hybreed for a KO wep.

I lie, was after death items broke to cash, instead of being able to pick them back up.

RS3 is disgusting. I wanted to get back into OSRS but I got a 2 day ban on my main for botting agility (was at 95). I was babysitting and everything and it was a premium script. I just can't figure out how their bot detection works nowadays. I don't have any time like I did 10 years ago to slave away to a pixelated character. I just want to do some PK'ing every now and then but skilling takes a long time.

Jagex and microsoft are the only two company's that ruin everything with every update.
Way back they patch switching from bow to two handers, then they totally remove the wildy. Just to crack down of lureing. It was a legitimate gameplay.
Even had the gall to remove the lvl 33 wizard from the tower where people train low level magic. Because we kept conning noobs to attack him to get a key then spam close the door.
Killing and getting other players killed was the best thing going.
How out of touch can a company be for fucks sake.

What was better at its peak, Runescape or Tibia?

>Tibia
Never heard of it.

Risk is what makes Runescape thrilling and exciting. The adrenaline I used to get from luring or high-risk PK'ing was insane. Player interaction was so raw back in the day it was perfect. Now it's total shit. OSRS looks fun though but unless there comes a times where I can bot my skills to 99 without a ban I'm not coming back.

I tried writing a bot for Aion back in the day (few years ago) it was too easy. The game was rampant with them, especially after it went F2P, so there was no risk. No risk = no erection = I lost interest.

It's like $10 for 10m last I played in rs3. Legit buy the currency now, buy a members bond and sell it on the grand exchange. The skills are a lot faster to train in rs3. Unless you do zero HP gain on magic.
I think you will find RS3 more enjoyable considering you don't have the time.
Evolution of combat can be fun. But it puts things into WOW territory. There are legacy servers that make things like 07scape in combat.
My pure was in legacy. Had a lot of fun. But the pure scene now is somewhat dead in RS3.
As mentioned it was a jav mage (only one of its kind) Using range main hand and magic off (Morrigan javelins and ice blitz). Yes two sides of the triangle at once. There are new hybreed armors, so you can bump your level up via defense to fight mains and still abuse the combat triangle.
There's a fair few bosses pures can solo.
Because the grand exchange fucked the economy so much you will see lots of torag 'pures'. Like 2m for a set of barrows.
Questing for the best set up on them is a bit of a pain. There's one long quest for upper level prayers.

You can get away with only haveing a PKing account now. Same goes in 07scape, but I think items are a lot more.
Armadil god sword:
RS3: 2mil*
07: 30something mil*
*prices subject to change. Figures sourced from a memory of in early 2016
But in 07scape there is a new class of pure that is cheep to run. Max strength with no attack, and max mage, range.
Base gear is cheep, but there are rings and necklaces that are costly if you want top spec.