SELL SELL SELL

SELL SELL SELL

ABANDON SHIP

ABANDON
SHIP

IT'S NOT HAPPENING

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/news/57339/amd-takes-cpu-market-share-intel-thanks-ryzen/index.html
nasdaq.com/symbol/amd/ownership-summary
formulagrowth.com/investment_fund/formula-growth-fund/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>having stocks in a company that has consistently produced 100% shit products for over a decade

What happened? Give me a basic gestalt.

NOOO

AMD pooing in the street instead of the loo like usual.

Earnings report for Q1 2017 came out yesterday and it didn't live up to expectations. This is the first opportunity the market has to react to it.

now is a good time to buy AMD

>jewtel send over some shekels to trashman&sex to slander ayymd due to yesterdays botnet announcement
ok and good

>t.
>|
>|>
>|3
>|

Reminder that this same shitposter made several of these threads trying to make people believe his idiocy and it failed both times

He tries his hardest to derail this board into endless AMD-related shitposting fest.

>idiocy
Mate it literally just opened at -17%

Mate, tell me then stock market makes any sense when AMD's ER report last night was glowing, literally a 30% YoY growth and equal sales to the holiday season for Q1.

Top kek. You're like a Hillary shill on Nov. 9. It already happened. You lost

>Buy high, sell low!

You've got this stock market thing all figured out, Sup Forums.

Because over the past year the price had more than tripled based on trumped up expectations that were even higher. Only 30% was a major letdown for the 'investors dream'.

>over the past year the price had more than tripled
It went over 600%.

This is a repeat of Nvida 2 months ago, a 20% drop from $120

>Only 30%
>ONLY

Are people this retarded? Intel's YoY was 5%

THAT'S AN UPTICK

BUY BUY BUY

Time to buy tbha, for Vega.

so, someone did shave the stock at highest point they though it's going to be on, what is the problem here?

Limit sells, this will be hilarious in a month.

Don't care if it were 1000%. Below expectation is below expectation and AMD did a hell of a good job setting the bar unreasonably high.

Goldjews downgraded it to 10.5, last time they did that they bought like $600M in shares

Fucking disgusting kikes.

every single one of these threads always start out the same way with 3 or 4 shill posts in rapid succession. the third one always using the black/red wool hat feel guy picture, either crying or shooting himself in the face.

then it dies out immediately after, and actual discussion begins. watch closely and you will start recognizing this pattern. it's too by-the-book to be accidental at this point.

Sup Forums has been completely figured out.

>Below expectation is below expectation
What? They actually beat WS expectations

>>The chipmaker posted revenue of $984 million in the period, also surpassing Street forecasts. Nine analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $982.6 million.

From a good ER, this makes no sense besides short seller panic

Below expectation is below expectation

cancer

Markets are volatile as fuck and correct themselves soon. They're dictated by shareholders who are the most panicky irrational fucks.

Market share on the otherhand is cold hard data, and AMD is doing extremely well so far given that Ryzen released in the last few weeks of Q1

tweaktown.com/news/57339/amd-takes-cpu-market-share-intel-thanks-ryzen/index.html

This is why I don't do stocks, they make zero sense.

>Intel posts good YoY growth
>drops by 6%

>AMD posts amazing YoY growth and 12-20% revenue increase next quarter
>tanks

I'll just invested in USD exchange rates.

This makes me so fucking happy

AMD stock shills are the worst kind of people, I hope they all go bankrupt

Thanks for the heads up, now is the time to buy. Once Vega comes out, shares will soar again just like with Ryzen.

It'll go back to $13 before Q3 so I'm not worried, I'm worried how twitchy shareholers are for whatever reason.

>investing in stocks
>not having a stable job that always produce money

It can be whatever, maybe some inverter pulled because of unrelated reasons.

>implying AMD neets could ever hold down a job

With such a highly volatile stock like AMD it makes some sense, they were at under $2 a year ago.

>REEEE WHY AMD DIDN'T HAVE 120% GROWTH WITH 20 DAYS OF RYZEN SALES REEEEEEEEEEE

t. Marketcuck

I wish Sup Forums was a bit less thirsty for bait.

>Not letting your extra money work for you
Either you make under $70k a year or you're stupid

>implying stocks are the best way to make your money work for you

harsh

Buy buy buy.

Nothing beats buy/hold index funds long term.

Why do you pretend the two are mutually exclusive? The opposite is closer to the truth.

Ayy, someone's making some disgustingly filthy money off this

amd earned .04 less then stock was priced at, a few majors devalued it to 10$ from 14$, apparently a few majors still say buy.

what happened was they lost .04 cents per share, and a major investment firm devalued it from 14 to 10$

>devalued it from 14 to 10$
It's the fucking Golden Jews, isn't it?
The same cunts did that a month ago and bought a bunch of shares, why would they devalue their own stock?

Cheap tactic to scare holder, so they can buy back all

It's really funny how effective it is.

DELET

Yup, it work everytime. the only way to fuck them over is someone with lot money buy it back

OH SHIT

>it didn't live up to expectations

I'm really curious on what the fuck people were expecting in the first place. That Ryzen would instantly put AMD in the green?

Are you literally retarded with 0 reading comprehension? People tell you that investors bought amd stocks at high prices because they expected much better than this. The results are not bad but stock price was dictated by much higher expectations. Once those expectations weren't met, stock prices fell.
It doesn't matter how well amd did. They might have done 100x last year's profit but if expectation was 200x the stock price would fall.

>a major investment firm devalued it from 14 to 10$

"a"?

You mean dozens, right? With some analysts pegging it at $8? The ride is over, dudes. AMD was a rocketship and launched Ryzen and missed projections, so the price is tanking as a result. It's not some giant conspiracy.

Actually yeah everyone thought that

Want me to make you all rich with one tweet?

How do i get into stocks? I want money.

You're just going to get scammed by stock shills like the AMD ones here who just want to pump and dump

Invest in a vanguard fund and sit on it for as long as possible

Robin Hood is pretty stupid simple and there's no cost to trade.

Also, don't invest in stocks. Do Index Funds.

Lol. Are you kidding? It beat earnings estimates and showed growth in desktop after one month of high end sales.

Pretty much yeah.

Good for you
They are still losing money and their earnings report was far below what they needed
Stop letting your bias cloud empirical numbers

I just refuse to believe investors don't have basic understanding of business operations. Ryzen 1) didn't even cover the entirety of Q1, and 2) comes from a company that needs to regain consumers' trust yet. I only expected AMD to trickle down the bleeding for now, and that's exactly what it did.

And I'm not even /biz/ for fuck's sake

Will look into it thanks

Unless you're willing to seriously, seriously, seriously spend time on it, like multiple hours per say, do not buy individual stocks. Pick an index fund, buy, periodically buy some more and sit on it until retirement.

it didn't beat earnings expectations, it was right in line with their expectations.

The issue is a lot of hype behind ryzen and now some with vega is pushing AMD stock up - buts all it is hype.
Maybe dumb investors were expecting AMD to beat expectations and when they didn't the stock dropped.

Dude, don't even bother with these retards, they're fucking Sup Forumsedditors

From the earnings report it wasn't a trickle at all
It was more akin to a quick cumshot
You may have the luxury of waiting five years but investors don't, they got tired of the "good guy" routine and have just started to pull out while they still can

from what I read it was just another one today, several others increased it, and goldman dumped nearly 1 billion into it, so they either see something in it, or they are retarded.

who are those girls? ive seen other photos of them

>filthy poor detected
If you aren't investing your income you'll always be a wageslave. Maybe you should go back to 10th grade mathematics and learn what compound returns are.

>Investing in yet another ETF overvaluing its underlying securities in a market where equities are already overvalued

ETFs are the hot new craze hedge funds were twenty years ago and mutual funds were before that. Some of them are so derivative they're entirely made of shares of other ETFs. This is going to combust sooner or later.

>wasn't a trickle at all. It was more akin to a quick cumshot

Just 2-3 years ago AMD was reporting quarterly losses in the 200-400 million. For now it's been limited to the tens of million for a couple quarters now. AMD needs more than that, sure, but only after Ryzen+Vega are in full force we can tell if it's a quick cumshot or not, they will be most of the company's image to the market after all.

Name one other investment that beats inflation in the long run.

>1 billion into AMD
this kind of non sense is easy to check
nasdaq.com/symbol/amd/ownership-summary
accroding to the lastest filings

1 Billion dollars of stock is easily make it the largest single shareholder
Even if jewman bought more recently buying *millions* of shares would be noticeable for anyone, it would have been a big spike in the activity even if you tried to do it over several days

Fucking dozens of things you retard. High interest rate bonds, mortgage funds, corporate credit, any fixed income hedge fund worth its salt, christ even a decent market neutral equity fund will beat inflation in the long run

serious question here.

Want to link to a few examples over 10,25, 35 year periods ?

35 year period? A 30 yr bond you bought in 85 when interest rates were in the high teens would do the trick

10 year period?
Goodwood Milford fund
Look up GWD011

~14% ten year number net or fees

How about 60 year period?
formulagrowth.com/investment_fund/formula-growth-fund/

~13% annualized since inception net of fees

Can't think of anything near 25 off the top of my head

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THEIR NEW CPU'S AREN'T AS GOOD AS THEY SAID THEY WOULD BE?

What a fucking surprise, AMD always overpromises and way underdelivers.

Don't you think you are cherry picking data ?

Had you *not* bought formula growth in the 1960s and purchased it any time recently that it largely mirrors the performance of the DJIA

>Look up GWD011

has this even been around 10 years ?

>30%
>Major let down

Lol i pissed my self on that one

No you dumb fuck. The stock is low, that's when you sell.

Sell low, buy high

I swear everyone here is fucking retarded.

Did you even look at the ~400% increase the past year? ALL OF THAT was built on Ryzen expectations.

If sales are expected to double and they only increase 50%, stock prices fall.
If sales are expected to increase tenfold and they only increase 500%, stock prices fall.
If sales are expected to increase by 2 million percent and come earnings report they only increased 1 million percent, guess what: stock prices fall.
A 30% YoY increase is an amazing result for AMD but that doesn't change the fact that yesterday's 13.5 and especially the ~14.70 ATH was based on even higher projections. Hence: a letdown.

So expectations were retarded? Do people think AMD would get a 45% increase from 20 days of sales with only 3 SKUs priced $ 300-500 and motherboard shortages in the US?

Context, if Ryzen was released early January then that 45% might have actually happened.

The one on the left is Rosa Threedy and the one on the right is Jesenia Peedee.

misremembered it was little over half billion

Exactly, listen to this guy so I can buy more stock for a lower price.

Half a billion would still put within the top 5 largest share holders, maybe somewhere near 3rd

Ryzen is good for workstations and Naples will be good for servers, but no one buys AMD for workstations/servers. The only people who give a shit about AMD are gaymers and Ryzen is worse than Intel at gaming. Basically AMD ignored the people who actually buy their products to appeal to people who will never buy their products, a winning strategy.

AMD has been running on a loss for years and they somehow managed to get investors to keep siphoning them money
Sooner or later the investors gonna wise up
The government will literally force Intel to give AMD money to prevent monopoly

>waitâ„¢

Kek

It has a 10 year number so you tell me what you think that means. And remind me, did you ask for for funds that outperform the indices or did you ask for funds that beat inflation long-term.

>So expectations were retarded?
You could make that case yeah. There's a lot of analysis involved and I won't presume to know any better but bottom line is they were wrong here.

>buy on news
>sell on rumor
and that's why I don't listen to Sup Forums for financial advice

>Expected earnings is 0.05 cents on the shares
>Actual earnings end up being 0.04 cents on the shares
>everyone loses their minds
>Goldman Sachs bankers yelling through megaphones at stockers to sell sell sell
>AMDrones committing suicide
>Bankers shotgunning themselves in the backs of the head twice before jumping out of the building
>AMD's stock nosedives with them
>A pair of hands clasp themselves in the darkness and a jolly guffaw and 'oy vey' is heard