>can access my old hdd, don't need to redownload anything from steam
>i have no saves, despite there being no reason for the data to disappear

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ie-view/
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/whiteNoiseGenerator.php
amqagn.at
twitter.com/puddi/status/859545623317499904
ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkVision-T2254P-22-034-LED-Backlit-LCD-Monitor-5ms-VGA-HDMI-DisplayPort-/262794658896#viTabs_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't connect to my server running mpd using MPDroid. These are the iptables rules I have:
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dport 6600,8000 -m conntrack --ctstate NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m multiport --sport 6600,8000 -m conntrack --ctstate ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
Here's the mpd.conf:
music_directory "/Storage/Music" # permissions 774 mpd:audio
user "mpd"
#bind_to_address "localhost"
#port "6600"
audio_output {
type "httpd"
name "My HTTP Stream"
encoder "vorbis" # optional, vorbis or lame
port "8000"
# bind_to_address "0.0.0.0" # optional, IPv4 or IPv6
quality "5.0" # do not define if bitrate is defined
# bitrate "128" # do not define if quality is defined
format "44100:16:1"
max_clients "0" # optional 0=no limit
}
Output of netstat:
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8000 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 9881/mpd
Output of 'netcat localhost/ip' is "OK" for port 6600, but simply abruptly closes on port 8000.

What am I missing?

repostan from previous thread for
Is it possible to delegate different browsers to be the default for specific domains in
Specifically, I want chromium to open all twitch.tv links, but firefox everything else.

Saves are located in the my documents directory

Oh fuck so I can just port them to the ssd?

Should be able to I think.

My vibrator stopped working, and I don't know if it's the batteries or the motor itself.
Is there a way to test batteries without dropping them to see if they bounce or not?
Please it's my only one...

Put the batteries in something else? What kind of batteries does it need?

I unfortunately have nothing else that uses AA batteries =(

Do i have to reinstall windows if I want to switch versions from home to education?

Not even a flashlight or pretty much any remote control?

Haha rip in peace me, I formatted the drive with my old install of windows so there goes my documents

Only remote controller I have is triple-A

Madvr crashes MPC on fullscreen after updating windows 10. The answers I searched up said to reinstall the graphics driver and/or disable DX11 in madvr settings. I've done both and it's still fucked.
I reinstalled both madvr and CCCP too and that didn't work. What do?

hah, I know you, you're the one who has that VPN at work and refuses to use a seperate machine for work stuff and private stuff on your private machine.

No, there is no in-program functionality that would force the opening of one brower within another browser.

You could be willing to just use firefox for all you work and set filters to put all twitch.tv taffic through one domain. Theres an addon for that even.

buy new batteries. Prolly better to just get more batteries than finding devices that use AA's.
occams razor and all that.

Yeah, will do that in the morning then. Thanks anyway!

I am not smart:
Why are graphıc chıps ın cpus the way they are?
Why can i run warfrane wıth no issues but get speed ıssues ın deus ex 1?
What am I doıng wrong?
Hd4400 btw.

ikea sells AA's cheap as fucking chips.
a 10pack is like......4 bucks? You'll have to find the damned hopper filled with all the packs in the interior lighting section.
not trying to shill or advertise, just a heads up.

>Why are graphıc chıps ın cpus the way they are
cheaper alternative than just forcing every computer to have some kind of graphics device

>Why can i run warfrane wıth no issues but get speed ıssues ın deus ex 1
probably it's a game from 2000 and has legacy problems

Integrated Graphics machines have to dedicate a portion of CPU power to do a job they aren't designed to do efficiently.

Try shutting off FXAA and PhysX. Had the same problem for DXHR.

Also onboard graphics is a POS. Get future machines with a dedicated graphics card.

>hah, I know you, you're the one who has that VPN at work and refuses to use a seperate machine for work stuff and private stuff on your private machine.
I'm sure that would be me if I wasn't a [spoiler]neet[/spoiler]
I'm not looking for an exclusively in-browser option to do this. Just want to know if its possible, and how I might accomplish this.

Might sound like a really stupid question but how do I find out what white noise works the best for me?

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ie-view/

Here, install the addon into firefox, and then set the exe location of IE to chromiums.

mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/whiteNoiseGenerator.php

Here, have fun. I try upping the bassier ranges , and the rest sequentially lower, while keeping one low-ranged treble higher than any of the other lows.

Also try rainymood? White noise can also be background noise, and there are plenty of site which specialize in offering different types. use google.

Had my first exam in programming today.
Literally had to write entire Java syntax out on pieces of paper. Seemed like the most redundant shit ever.

Is it even required to be able to write actual code out on paper? Not pseudo code, actual syntax?
I knew how to do all of it but I write fucking slow so I probably messed up a lot.

Will be using it to fall asleep as roommate snores. Currently playing with mynoise.

The only time I can think of that being useful is the coffee shop or job-interview situation where you have to show someone "quickly" some code and you have nothing digital on hand.

Cool. Thanks

Refurbished hard drives: Worth the risk, or should I suck up the cost for a new one?

Buy a new one.
Most PC parts have some form of general life expectancy. If you're lucky you'll get one from a good batch, but generally the older they get the slower they get.

So I got a few flashdrives and wanted to make one filled with iso's to boot a few things, like windows 10, ubuntu, dban, and AiO SRT, just to cover all the bases in case I ever need any of them. Can I put these all on one flash drive? As now that I have them all loaded on it using WinSetupfromUSB it always goes to the windows 10 boot when I choose the flashdrive. How do I get a boot menu where I can pick which one it does?

In CV, do I put volunteering at hackerspace under "work experience" or something else?

Hobbies.

palindrome :: Integer -> Bool
palindrome x = reversal x == x

reversal :: Integral a => a -> a
reversal = go 0
where go a 0 = a
go a b = let (q,r) = b `quotRem` 10 in go (a*10 + r) q

I'm working on some ProjectEuler problems to get a better understanding of Haskell, I found this code on stackoverflow but I can't figure out how the last line works.

I Bought a MSI gtx 760 2Gb for 72 USD. Did I make a good buy?

Not a haskell thing, more of a math thing.
Just physically do what the code does and analyze the results.

How do I stitch multiple pictures together? Every site or program I use ends up blurring them to shit.

Do you want the truth or something that makes you feel better?

Is there any reason I would ever not use border-box for my entire page? Why isn't border-box the default value for everything?

Write a program for this.

Yes. You can try an upgrade, but I wouldn't.

I'll take both if you're offering.

A giant rubber duck ship has actually circumnavigated the globe. Also you would have been a lot better off going with something more recent from amd.

Is there a Project64 equivalent for Linux?

I want to try manjaro but I also want to experiment with i3.
Should I go for the community version i3 manjaro, or go with official manjaro xfce and install i3 myself?
Asking because it says that community builds may drop support later down the line.

I would just avoid Manjaro altogether.

Can I make a multiboot USB with windows 10 and linux both on it? It seems the windows autoboots when selecting boot from usb without letting me choose.

Details and alternative? Or are you just meming.

Why would you even want to use it?

can you just fucking stop

how come whenever I try to post sincere advice I'm ignored but whenever I bait or shitpost loudly I get a few (You)'s

is this board a meme am I a dip or maybe my advice is just bad idk

Is this website down?
amqagn.at

I want to play a game of OpenRA with my friend which lives in the same country as me. The problem is, all of the public servers are far away from us, which I think causes lags.
So I'd like to host a game of my own to play with him, but I'm behind two routers, so no port forwarding.
What are my options here? What can I do to connect to him directly instead of through some third party?

I appreciate your sincere advice user, don't feel bad!

those are my temps and my shitty specs, I can't afford too much but how do I manage to decrease them while I play? How do I choose a proper fan?

Those temps are fine.

>is this board a meme
yes
> am I a dip
quite likely
> maybe my advice is just bad
possible.

This may just be the stupidest question here.
But doggone it I have to know.
What if one were to flip ZFS on it's head and use tape as mainstay storage, HDD as L2 ARC, and pack the system full of ARC memory?

How quickly would it shit the bed given a non latency sensitive read workload and proper redundancy with only large sequential writes being added in?

public void Listen() {
while (!_end) {
byte[] buffer = new byte[BufferSize];
List message = new List();
Socket handler = ListenerSocket.Accept();
int totalBytes = 0;
int bytesRead;
while((bytesRead = handler.Receive(buffer)) > 0) {
totalBytes += bytesRead;
message.AddRange(buffer);
Console.WriteLine($@"Ran Loop and got {bytesRead}");
}
DecodeMessage(message.Take(totalBytes).ToArray(), handler);
Respond((handler.RemoteEndPoint as IPEndPoint).Address,
handler);
}
}

WIP but having an issue. The code here will output:
Ran Loop and got 2048
Ran Loop and got 2048
Ran Loop and got 2048
Ran Loop and got 512
and then the program keeps running while the function simply closes without calling DecodeMessage or Respond

>shitty specs
fk u

Explain the funny, please
twitter.com/puddi/status/859545623317499904

max length 128 characters
Nothing funny here

It is for me

Does having 512mb of ram make a difference against 256mb of ram while torrenting on an orange pi.
Also, is it possible to create an AP that uses POE to power itself while also doubling as an cable extender.

thinking about getting this as a second monitor, yes or no?
ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkVision-T2254P-22-034-LED-Backlit-LCD-Monitor-5ms-VGA-HDMI-DisplayPort-/262794658896#viTabs_0

I see people with better temps than mine with the same specs, but if you say its ok i trust you.

I thought I would be bullied by posting them ;_;

I want to have a raspi camera setup to monitor a area, the monitor would be about 4-5meters from the camera, how would one connect the two? HDMI signals are pretty weak after about 1 or maybe two meter.

>1 or 2 meters
Wrong.
hdmi can go about 50 ft before attenuation

Do you have any options for portable music players once you acquire >3TB of music? I could do the streaming shit but man, I don't want to

what is your issue?

With streaming from my PC to my phone? I don't like leaving my computer on and I don't like depending on internet for things like that

Option 1: Be selective about what you put on your media player
Option 2: Convert to smaller files
Option 3: Buy a 4TB SSD

Please respond

anyone with chromecast/chromecast tv?

anything i cast defaults to wide aspect ratio.
idk what to do about it.

is there any winapi window builder (frame based, not dialog) around?
(or good tutorials on winapi)

>CCCP

Should I learn math or programming? or both at the same time?

If both or programming which language should I start with? C? Do you guys recommend any resources?

Why do the job listings for IT interns near me say they want a computer science degree or related?

why is windows bad?

Is there an easy way of getting the date from when a comment was made on an Instagram post? Google only shows how to get the date of the post but I'm looking for the date on the comment iitself. This is really important.

Apply anyways fuck the description. If you can make it to an interview then you have a chance @ it

Might get the new surface laptop for my engineering classes.

Should I get the 8gb i5 or 8gb i7?

no

I have shitty internet, surprise. 1.7MB/s down. Otherwise it's okay since I get to things sometimes months after I get them.

However my question is why is wireless LAN so shit?
I'm on G, and yes yadda yadda upgrade to N/etc, however I'm curious why I can't even match download speeds.
My local transfer speeds over wifi struggle to hit 1MB/s on a good day, and 512KB/s or less normally.
One device is through a wall/bathroom a few IRL feet away and the other is unobstructed.

Why is wifi absolute shit compared to ethernet?

i5 8g will serve you just fine
did a signal processing term on it just fine

Does anyone know how to remove this watermark without actually disabling test mode?

post it note

xd

get a better .iso

It's not the .iso, I just need test mode enabled for crt_emudriver, and I don't want that watermark permanently on my desktop

Not possible, you would need to use a signed driver instead of that shaddy driver.
You could try to use the 32bit version of windows, those don't have those limitations and you don't need test mode probably.

I would like to start learning with a good all around language.

unrelated

what is C used for in todays age? Would you use C for things nowadays like building some software?

get a better .iso

"test mode" is show when you force unsigned drivers on boot, nothing to do with the iso sku or version, at all

I want to change a flashdrive I have to be a fixed drive rather than removable because it wont let me select which of the iso's on it I want to use as it is all one partition. How can I change it to a fixed drive?

Anyone?

I'm trying to watch a youtube video with a lot of shadows and unlit areas.

it looks like ass.

Is there a way to clean it up or is it just a result of the really aggressive video compression?

Any must-read networking resources to understand major technologies and such used?