/cyb/ + /sec/

"Access Granted" Edition

/cyb/ + /sec/ is for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, current events, computer security, networks, exploits, reverse engineering, social engineering, hacking, tricks, etc. Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

>>> Resources > /sec/
Learning: pastebin.com/VNTsyNKp
CTF/Wargames: pastebin.com/u2QTfmZn
News: pastebin.com/tDn5qzZE
Other useful stuff: pastebin.com/u21XrVaz
Essentials Pastebin: pastebin.com/UY7RxEqp
/sec/'s guide into security soon™

Suggestions for new resources are welcome. /sec/ looking for CTF team members, contact at IRC channel.

IRC:
> #Sup Forumspunk @ Rizon
> #Sup Forumssec @ Rizon

Previous Thread:

Bump.

welcome back

Why is there so much damn anime in the Reading list? Also cargo cult science... I absolutely respect Feynman but what does it have to do with cyberpunk?

Bump 4 you

Bump for interezt

Just what we need, another daily they to clog things up more. Go post this shit in entertainment.

This place blows

Sage

>"badass", fedora, fingerless glove wearing excessively skinny/fat teenagers that are part of the cyber revolution where neither government nor anyone else for that matter can touch us

The first things you list are movies and tv. DON'T FORGET FASHION. No one in here will make it past current events on that list other than sending a ping and claiming it's a ddos.

wat2wear?

>what is cyberpunk

it is Sup Forums but if you want more cyberpunk go to your local library

yes just another shit poster you contribution to this thread will only bring add to overall quality

Yet another wannabe internet rebel that thinks he's something special for watching some hacking movies and using Lunix once. Oh look, you are contributing nothing to this BOARD.

projecting this hard

fuck off

How into start with sec that isn't all white hat circle jerk skid level shit

Hey guys, what's stopping NSA from conducting mass social engineering against anybody who performs anti-forensics?

how does social engineering apply to anti-forensics

read again

right and what would social engeering do to those people.

>those people
not one of yours?

I'm with that guy too. What kind of mass social engineering are you talking about

the one you didn't thought apparently

jesus christ, calm down roastie.

i dont actively research anit-forensics but it is not too hard to do. take off anyone logging on your computer and make sure when ever you do shit on the internet you use an internect connection that is not yours. another thing to do is use an email and user name that has no affilation with you as well

all that to hide from the NSA?

nah anti-forensics is for when you are doing questionable things and there is a high chance you will get caught. other than that it would be practice.

nothing to hide, nothing to fear

Will he be back in Tor project someday?

is that a noisebridge shirt? lol that place is full of hippie faggots with homeless crackheads shitting all over the place and trying to sleep there surreptitiously.

also yes, i forgot that appelbaum is associated with noisebridge.

do you think he is a hippie homeless crackhead faggot?

the dailies / generals on this board are the only things worth looking at tbqh.

everything else is
>/notYourPersonalTechSupportArmy/
>what do you think about this thing
>trolling
>my thing is better than your thing
and some occational news, and when its remotely intesteresting there are 5 identical threads about it rolling for a week straight.

newfag is showing
onto it

bump

nobody is going to get what that means.

>Also cargo cult science... I absolutely respect Feynman but what does it have to do with cyberpunk?
Knowledge is power. Misinformation is a tool for controlling others. Critical thinking the way Feynmann advocates in "Cargo Cult Science" as well as in his take on the Challenger disaster, is today more important than ever.

What's a good wearable display for use with a cyberdeck? Obviously not any of the VR headsets out there as those are total overkill and super bulky.

forgot image

tea time?

the oculus is actually quite lightweight

he said bulky not heavy

It also requires what like 4 USB ports and I don't plan on doing any gaming so I don't need such an expensive beast. I'm basically just now realizing i should try /csg/

VR fag here. Interesting project. There is likely nothing on the market that will satisfy your specific needs here, assuming what you're looking for is an HMD that essentially acts as a monitor for your portable PC. Non-VR HMDs are as expensive if not more than VR headsets. You might be able to snag a Sony HMZ or something used, that might be your best bet.

If you've got time, I suggest waiting for the Windows Holographic mixed reality headsets to come out. They should be out this Christmas. Pic related. These should satisfy your needs very well, and let me tell you, it is worth the bulk. If you really don't want the bulk, then you might want to wait a few years for a good AR headset to come out. As far as I know, no one's making good, small, inexpensive non-VR/AR HMDs anymore. Yes, not even the Chinese.

>It also requires what like 4 USB ports

No actually. I assume all you want to do is look at a virtual screen of your desktop, so you don't need anything else other than 1 USB port and one HDMI. The extra USB ports are for if you want positional tracking via USB camera sensors.

The real problem with the Rift/Vive is the resolution. They are too low for good text legibility, but the Windows headsets will be just good enough, which is why I recommend waiting for them.

bump

How accurate was this movie?

Looks awesome imo, link?

Desu

How can I combine my mechanical knowledge of cars and automotives with hacking and technology?

ask the CIA, they have shit that can hack cars

>we move onto smart cars
>police just lock us into vehicles that drive themselves to us if they want to question us or something
fucking shit a hole god damn I hope regular cars never go extinct.

damn, you touched some serious points there

I am a gear head and studied cars thoroughly, worked in a carage for months, worked on my own cars, building projects like go carts. But also I am a cyber geek, did pentesting, studied computers and security, I am into electrical engineering, build shit all day long. So I guess I am the material for it, and I tell you, older cars are also hackable