Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/youtube/answer/7370539?hl=en&ref_topic=4489102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not using newpipe instead

They don't even try to hide it anymore.
Technology was a mistake

Jews were a mistake

technology has become self-satire at this point.

play services is the biggest crock of shit. Why the fuck does gmail need access to your phone's body sensors to the point that it constantly nags unless the permission is turned on? Fuck google. They're either shit at coding or data mining you to a degree that goes well beyond the pale.

Literally do not have this problem on my iPhone 6S

>shit at coding
That's sure.
>mining you to a degree that goes well beyond the pale
That's sure.

If you have Google Play services installed it already has system level privileges to everything, so you are screwed anyway

>480p

This. People don't understand that Android phone are worse than Windows computer.

Humanity was a mistake

support.google.com/youtube/answer/7370539?hl=en&ref_topic=4489102

Because it doesn't bother to ask you for permission, it just does things

iOS doesn't even have an API that lets third party apps access SMS, calls or phone information.
And you can disable permissions on a per-permission basis. The app has to function reasonably without any permissions otherwise it will get declined in the App Store.
("reasonable" meaning that of course you can't shoot a video and upload it if you don't give the YouTube app camera permission, but it can't deny you simply watching videos because of that)

??

If you rotate your device, it resets the timer.

I uninstalled all the updates and set youtube back to the factory default that came on my phone lol.

now it doesn't bug me

>Permission: Precise Location
>allows for improved ads and recommendations
>Your precise location is never shared with advertisers.

What did he mean by this?

Exactly what it says.

Good thing I use OGYouTube instead tbqfh

how thick are you?
>google sees your'e location
>google picks what ad to show you based on what advertisers are trying to get to you
>advertiser never saw yo'ur location

>see examples below
>EXAMPLES

>google sees your'e location
>google gives it to literally anyone they feel like but tell you different

What actually happens fampai.

(((Youtube))) is a botnet. No surprise there.

It is simple to install a ROM without any Google services and anyone who spends time on Sup Forums would have done that long ago

Android dev here.

There permissions categories are pretty much a mess so sometimes when an app has a massive list of permissions like that it's not doing anything suspicious. But about 90% of the time it's data mining you.

I don't really see a big deal here. Update your phones, people.

The only possible issue is that they keep tracking you regardless of the issue.

What did you mean by this?

Except that's retarded and you're a moron, because google has no reason to sell your location considering that data is their competitive advantage.

>"your'e"
>"yo'ur"
kill yourself twice