Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y9pyChAL4AE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Makes you look like a sperg.
Turning your OS into a full-time hobby is not healthy.

it's not bspwm

>using a window manager

>no gaps
>gaps patch breaks tabbing and window titles

It's not GNUstep.

[spoiler]How the fuck do I use WindowMaker???[/spoiler]

>full-time hobby
>Spent a day setting it up once and forgot about it
>Had a monitor die the other week, took all of about two minutes to cut it out of the configuration
>Had to migrate to a new M.2 drive recently, took about 15 minutes to construct the copy script and another 20 or so to execute it
"""Full-time"""

it exists

What is the configuration written in? It doesn't seem very standard whatever it is. That's a problem that could be extended to half of the Linux software world though, there's functionally zero standardization on configuration formats.

/thread
i3 has a very clear config language and does hot reloading with ease. Hands down my favorite WM I've ever used

It's marketing team, as I have no idea on what this even is.

It doesn't run on Wayland. You have to use Sway, which is pretty buggy. As as the above user said, the config file format is a problem as well. It's also difficult to bound a full screened video in chrome to a container, because the video wants to full screen to an entire X Window. Would be cool if they could hack out a solution to that. Also, real men use XMonad. Get the fuck off my lawn you non-Haskell pleb.

>tiling
autism

Take the cwmpill.

Gaps are for fags. Why do you want waste space? Oh wait you are some kind of arch luser.
Pushing windows and maximize are chore.

Is not comfy enough for my liking

youtube.com/watch?v=y9pyChAL4AE

unless you were in the slow class eating your own shit when you were a 5 year olds, you can set up i3 in 2 minutes and rice it in an hour tops and never touch it again.

this, also it's easy to type a bash script in a minute and make it output shit you want.

how do I git gud in awesome

I like i3 but I have a major gripe with it

>fanatical enforcement of dynamic workspaces

I can have 5 dedicated workspaces always open in the bar unless they have something in them.
Its fucking annoying, as with those 5 dedicated always open workspaces no matter what, you would get dedicated unmoving always there click zones.
Now when 3rd and 4th are closed, 5th worskpace moves at the position of 3rd and shit is less elegant and reliable. Now I need to actually read titles of the worspace instead of knowing that me going to 3rd will get me to workspace for my IDE, or 5th gets me to the workspace for my virtualmachine...

I know why creator or some other fags dont get bothered by it, the 100% keyboard navigation. If you use keyboard it does not matter if you pressing $mod key and 5 opens that workspace or switches to that worskpace. But jesus fuck, some of us are not keyboard monkeys, some of us like to relax, lean back, hold mouse, and move around. Do gestures and be happy.

Thats my one gripe with i3 and the faggot creator who shots down every simple thing, forcing forks. Like how much bother would from the faggot be taking that pull request for borders that are by default off... but no he refuses and then we have i3 gaps

What browser is that?

Why are you using i3+xorg when there's sway+Wayland?

hotkeybinding is iffy at best
no equivalent of easystroke
no real reason to switch as with compton I dont have tearing so what are the benefits?

probably qutebrowser

>windows titles are windows
>depends on X.org

some programs have issues with forced window sizes and other stuff because tiling wm's are too autistic to be taken seriously while testing
The i3bar lacks support for graphical widgets
The i3bar lacks support for mouse hover

still using it, though

For the same reason you use blank lines in your files, retard

There is none.

Is the logo a smiling woman from India?

It's a triclops sticking out his tongue you idiot.

Too bloated, install tinywm.

tfw no i3 for windows