Summer cooling

Summer is almost here. Average temps are 95~110F here.
What are you doing to keep your rig cool?

I route filtered air through a pipe system that goes 20m under ground, directly providing cold air for my computers and the room.

central a/c

lucky you, my unit's central air is garbage.

This really cool thing called centralized A/C, which has been the standard for home climate control for more than half a century!

nice, must be far cheaper than an a/c unit in the long run

>What are you doing to keep your rig cool?
Not calling it a "rig," because I'm not 13.

Tell that to a trucker and see what happens

>What are you doing to keep your rig cool?
Leaving it off.

summer goes back quick, thank God

>rig
>an apparatus, device, or piece of equipment designed for a particular purpose.
>I'm too much of an adult to use shorthand words to describe things

So then you're 10 years old trying to act older? Grow up.

>evap whole house fan
>computer room getting hot
>open window
>all hot air is replaced in 10-20seconds

Way better than my previous house with central air but I think that failed because the vent was above the door.

If ambient temperature is causing your PC to overheat, it sounds like you have bigger problems to worry about.

Tell a trucker to stop calling his computer a "rig?"

Are you an idiot? It's getting colder every day. It's almost winter

Having a house with central air...

So far it's May and we've had cold-ass days and freezing rain for the past 4 days. I'm not so sure about this summer. It's pretty weird.

turning it off when i'm not using it. also central air.

ausfags pls leave

Enjoy your CO2 buildup.

>cooling entire house when you stay in 1 room all day

This tbqh

this, it's why I buy space heaters despite having gas central heating. It's a meme unless you have a family/a few roommates

nothing
if my pussy computer can't endure the climate as much as I can he doesn't deserve to be my partner

>he uses non-SI units of measurement

it can endure it, but being stuck in 100F+ temps all day is probably going to drain the lifespan by a few years.

heat is like the main killer

I have one of those portable a/cs like in OPs pic.
My room is pretty big and the insulation sucks so it only cools what I point it at.
>myself
>cpu/gpu usually at 50c under load.
>an extra 10c won't kill it

>what are you doing to keep your house cool
absolutely nothing, because I insulated my house properly and the waste heat is redirected into in-floor heating. It gets over 40°C here in the summer and all I have to do is open the windows, get on the floor and walk the dinosaur

- Don't use AMD GPUs or any old hardware that produces tons of heat

- Get some good case fans and a good CPU cooler

living in coastal california where it never get's above 80 or below 50

open-side-panel-masterrace

I live in a rented apartment so I can't install an A/C and I'm not allowed by regulations to have one of those A/C that has a tube that goes out of your window.

So how are those regular, portable A/Cs without a hose? Are they fine for 1 room during the summer? I don't want something that will freeze all my shit but something like a gentle breeze.

Wearing full length trousers and a big sweater with no windows or doors open.

But
>california

How does the thermodynamics on that work? Doesn't the ground heat up to the point where it matches the piped air and no longer provides any cooling?

split type A/C mustardrace
fairly economical if you stay in a small room but the external unit can be noisy.

>I'm not allowed by regulations to have one of those A/C that has a tube that goes out of your window
Why not? It's just a hose that vents hot air out.

>portable A/Cs without a hose
Window A/C's still require that they be placed on a window to let the hot air vent out.

Other than that I don't know of any other portable AC

I'm turning on the AC in my house like a normal person because I'm not some broke loser that has to use window units you fucking loser.

>95~110F
>F
Stupid third-world country subhuman

Quarter-inch transparent plastic cut to window gap size with a mount for the AC hose on the inside.

> What are you doing to keep your rig cool?
Stock coolers.

Maybe insulate your house at some point. It'll be easy enough to cool it down with air at night and let the building's thermal capacity soak up the heat generated by you and a normal computer inside during the day.

>in my house
>loser
This isn't a thread for people living with their parents.

Underage pls leave

Oh wait you said out your window. If you're talking about the water exhaust, then most portable A/C's don't require that. It has a tank that stores the water which you can just dump every week or so.

> has a rickety shack that needs constant AC+heating to keep the climate
> brags about it not being installed on a window

That's not how ground works though.

>
>How does the thermodynamics on that work? Doesn't the ground heat up to the point where it matches the piped air and no longer provides any cooling?

Modelling the air and ground as a semi-infinite slab, there's a boundary layer thickness at which effectively no heat transfer occurs.

I have 4 spare fridges