/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
IRC #ptg irc.rizon.net 6697/9999 SSL only

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.

Other urls found in this thread:

interviewfor.red
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I feel so terrible when I see retards.

I wish we could euthanize them all. It's the only moral thing to do.

>the cult of spaghetti

where to go for jpopsuki invites? I have an active AB account but that's it.

Official recruitment on APL.

AB is the only private tracker I have ;_;
Although an APL invite would be much appreciated as well...

AB invite thread

Doesn't that require power user?

yes

Damn, I uploaded a couple things a long time ago but no way do I got the time to upload 7 more original torrents on shitty uni internet, if I could even find stuff no already covered. Oh well...

transcode music

How many ab Sup Forumsnons did you report?

>can't upload 7 torrents
Why are you even here?

nice update

It's really nice that a chance presented itself for there to be a crossover with Daiz.

Almost too perfect.

Because I care about the quality of my media, even if I can't necessarily contribute media of the same quality.

Besides IMO, having a requirement for uploading new torrents is counterproductive as it encourages flooding the site with shitty and unnecessary transcodes, reuploads in different versions, etc that will all be dead within a month, just making it that much harder to navigate and find the best content.

Personally I like private trackers because I don't like buying things, or scavenging through the web for publicly available downloads. Am I the exception here? Did everyone else join private trackers because they had a huge collection of rare stuff that can't be found anywhere else that you were really eager to share? Or because you really, really wanted to fulfill requests?

Why are private tracker fags so narcissistic and self absorbed?

Why does sharing stolen content have to result in elitists propagating exclusivity? Don't they know that by doing so, they're hurting the torrents as a whole?

How much dick sucking will it take for this to dissapate is what I'm wondering.

t. ThePirateBoy leecher

yes!

t. can't get an ab invite

damn, lots of clowns flooding /ptg/ after nyaa went down...

Someone post current stats of RED vs. APL

im laughing at you

>RED vs APL shitposting
>GGn vs UGC shitposting
>3rd world nyaa refugees flooding /ptg/
Is /ptg/ going to reach it's limit?

>be a leech that can't even contribute
>most likely can't even read the rules because he ask here of all places
>surprised he isn't in other trackers

LET ME IN AB. WHENEVER I CHECK IT'S NEVER OPEN. HOW LONG IS THE WAIT GOING TO BE. I WANT MY 100 gig BD RIPS. [spoiler]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/spoiler]

Does [red] have moonman?

>RED vs APL shitposting
literally just 1-2 poop staff/ex-staff that have no life

>private tracker

RUT shits on both stat-wise. What now fuccboi?

No. You can look them up yourself, you fat autistic waste of oxygen

Weird, I mostly see RED shilling here, but whatever you say Zed! Why would an ex staff member of APL shill for them? If I got fired from being staff I'd root for their enemy.

Most recent public comparison was on March 4th

It doesn't work that way m80.
You need to be Power User on other respectable trackers, so when they start recruitment you can apply.

They probably will never open signups

back to Sup Forums shitter

The only info we have if we aren't just looking at each site is that geocities site that gets spammed here.

Autistic one liners because you're all completely unable to confront the truth about private trackers.

Expected nothing less from Sup Forums's best /ptg/

none for (You), my dude

> I want more content and safety but don't want to maintain a ratio of 1.0 or seed long term

Private trackers are not exclusive, you can literally take interviewfor.red right now and be in one in next hour.
When you hit Power User there, you can get into lots of decent trackers for moives and tv.

this is AB. btw

Trying to upload the jojo's openings to AB, what tags should I use?
rock?

Must feel humiliating to have your ideology & methodology publicly confronted and laughed at by the rest of Sup Forums outside of these shitty echo chamber threads.

Here's another one liner for you:

Exclusivity is a pre-requisite for quality and reliability.

If you unironically disagree with this, you haven't understood the point of private trackers.

Trying too hard.

It's just you

Zero (0) AB invite for you!

Not even remotely close to true. You can find tons of high quality torrents on any other public tracker you dick slurping retard.

Yeah I guess I agree

>thread full of 3rd world nyaa users bitching they can't get on AB

What is it with you and your obsession with AB? Nobody has mentioned AB once.

Do you think that since nyaa was taken down any of these arguments are invalid?

Are you physically and mentally capable of posting anything besides "muh ab lol"?

Not him, but what do you hope to get out of this discussion?

It seems you really dislike private trackers. If that's the case, then what is your reasoning for posting in this thread?

To prove a point.

What is the purpose of any post or argument?

Private trackers are for elitist idiots. They serve no real purpose and actively hurt the torrenting community. The second any of these mods gets slapped with a DMCA notice you can say goodbye to everything you fought so valiantly on here for.

Because nobody gave a shit about private trackers until nyaa got taken down. You 3rd world shitters then flooded Sup Forums and bitched about how awful private trackers are when you couldn't get an AB invite. Here's the deal thirdie, piracy is illegal shit (probably not the case in your piece of shit country). You download said illegal shit and move on with your life. It isn't a fucking right or whatever altruistic bullshit you think it is. Private trackers are a place that consolidates said illegal shit, incentivizes users to seed and upload content. Nothing more, nothing less.

Funny how you make public tracker owners out to be some kind of martyrs, but nyaa owner shut it down at the slightest sign of danger.

Reminder that AB doesn't have anything that you can't get elsewhere.

I understand what you are saying, but what's the alternative? Lots of stuff on public trackers is unseeded because there's very little incentive to seed. Not many people are going to dedicate lots of their bandwidth and risk legal issues for nothing in return. That's why private trackers are appealing.

Some people are talking about GNUnet, but any decentralized service will always have to create incentive.

Do you lack any sense of integrity? I guess it makes sense though because people like you use private trackers to fuel your paranoid insecurities. Continue pulling the ILLEGAL and THIRDIE card if it helps with those insecurities too.

>It isn't a right

You sound like the people wanting to kill net neutrality. Sad to see this on a board like Sup Forums. I would assume you act this spineless in the real world too.

The alternative is seeding and open access and availability. If private trackers had more people, there wouldn't be any less seeders.

open access is just asking to be shut down

And how will you vet each person?

And a private tracker isn't?

Go look at what.cd, let me know how that goes.

what.cd got shot down precisely because they were so big and do easy to join, you're proving my point

feels good to be private tracker royalty

Name one public tracker with as much content as wcd that lasted longer

t. kuchikirukia
ur alright tho

do some SZS encodes, i think the later seasons still don't have proper ones

You don't have to vet each person. It's very easy for a malicious party to infiltrate a private tracker anyways. AB the site you guys apparently use as a holy grail had everyone's personal information leaked. Did screening prevent that? Nope.

There's countless others many times smaller. It's just an example, try not to strawman for once.

If being on AB is considered being royal, then so am I and I still feel bad for nyaa refugees, don't you have any empathy?

The private tracker community is resilient.
There are sites that sprang up a few days after WCD's death. WCD it's self replaced a site that died.
WCD didn't even have to die, they panicked and deleted everything.
I don't think anyone is saying the sites are going to last forever. Some of them have been around for nearly a decade though.

TPB? KAT? Fucking isohunt? There's tons.

I agree 100%. Since this is the case, isn't the sensible option to simply lock everything down after establishing a decent userbase? Why risk losing the whole site to let a few more people in?

Maybe I worded the question badly, I mean specifically high quality audio content, which wcd specialized in.

Big user numbers attract attention. Also do tell me which small private trackers for shut down by authorities.

Multiple competing music trackers with the biggest one having almost 1 million uploads, all in a few months. Also before WCD there was oink, but you are probably too retarded to remember.

>if I say it isn't illegal then it's true
And, no shitskin, downloading illegal shit is not a right. Using the internet is not illegal (for now), so I agree there should be net neutrality. And like I said, there isn't anything special about piracy. You download shit and move on with your life, this all I use private trackers for, not whatever arm-chair psychology you come up with. Private trackers happen to have an abundance of what I'm looking, seeded, and update with content daily. Public trackers don't.

You're looking at this in a narrow scope.

A malicious party will get in regardless of whatever implementations put in place.

By gating people off and using private trackers, the community is hurt drastically for an illusion of exclusivity.

It's like censoring and spying on the web to "stop acts of terrorism". The trade-off is not justified and there are better solutions.

Are there decent subs for them? Because I'm not going to go through that again.
Encoding doesn't take much effort, it's putting everything together at the end.

Not much if any, which is harmful to the rest of the community. Just shows why open access is the most important part of torrents.

Public users don't seed. Until that changes, private trackers are a necessity.

And you think we should let refugees from 3rd world in? maybe a terrorist act here and a terrorist act there, but whatever, they'd get in regardless.

Where does Apollo recruit

>Public trackers don't have what I want

I wonder why this is. It's almost as if you all are actively contributing to the problem you're trying so desperately hard to solve.

Not him, but I don't feel it's a problem. I mean private trackers already have everything, why bother with public trackers?

Yes they do. Just not as much as private trackers. If a website like AB (your guys favorite example) opens up for a while it still wouldn't even be close to the ratios of public trackers. Closing websites off yields no measurable value besides the illusion of security and exclusivity.

I keep seeing these posts mocking people that seed and that's the mindset of majority of public tracker users, having established that, who would willingly upload/seed for these ungrateful curry fucks who will never seed back and then spit on you for doing so?

can't check at the moment, but i think it's a mess with zoku sayonara
the main release was a compilation of like 5 different groups
all i remember is checking the zan/zoku/goku pages and reading complaints about there not being a good release

Seeding to a leech won't make him mend his ways. Letting him sit in a wasteland of dead torrents that his upload could have avoided might.

Some people are just assholes, doesn't mean you should be one.

It like the welfare system for example. Just because a minority of people take advantage of it, doesn't mean that others should feel encouraged to do the same and fuck over everyone.

This conflict is where the altruism of seeding comes into play. Why can't you guys just seed and be happy? You will be helping people that need it which is what torrents are all about- Sharing.

We don't want you leechers.

>Why can't you guys just seed and be happy?
We are.

People join private trackers because they just want well seeded content, that's it. Altruism doesn't really matter

I'm practically an archivist, user. And I do seed public torrents that won't get me a DMCA notice.

To other people that is.

Why don't public trackers have the shit I want? Surely 1k-100k users on private trackers aren't preventing altruistic people like yourself from sharing what you love? And keeping those things seeded!