microsoft.com/en-us/surface/accessories/surface-dock
microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.5101184700
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>1000$
>128gb
>4gb of ram
>locked down version of Windows

And they say Macs are overpriced

they had to push their walled garden somehow, enjoy your winblows installers while you can

No wonder (((they))) are trying to subvert UNIX-based operating systems so hard. Soon, Windows and Mac will have 99% of market share, with a fringe group of users that managed to store Linux, BSD, and whatnot on external storage that is locked away to prevent remote deletion. However, there won't be any need to worry because all bootloaders will be locked anyway.

Strategy seemed to work well with the Chromebook Pixel

>fabric covering
>on a student laptop

that's going to look great after a few wank sessions

>shitty battery life

oh man, why would anybody buy this and not a xps or MacbookAir?

It's like an over priced chromebook with a more botnet OS on it

Maybe it will discourage wanking because the students know everyone else will see the sputters on the fabric. Microsoft is making a bunch of horny teenages that are afraid to release.

The thing that I don't get is when the fuck did an "entry level" school laptop price jump to ONE THOUSAND fucking dollars?

I remember walking down to the shitty best buy when I was younger with $500 in cash that I worked my ass off for, and found my first laptop in a back corner, marked down as an open box item because some faggot couldn't figure out how to use a laptop properly, and walked out happy AF with my first laptop, mouse, AND speakers. I took care of my shit and upgraded what I could over the years, and it lasted for years until I left for uni.

My first fucking day of orientation the counselors are ranting on about how you NEED a $2000 laptop OR ELSE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME.

fucking faggots just don't know what hard earned money is anymore, it's just mommy and daddy's credit cards.

Hard childhood: toys nailed down to a floor.

>My first fucking day of orientation the counselors are ranting on about how you NEED a $2000 laptop OR ELSE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME.

That's kind of evil really. Kids fresh out of high school are going to trust you when you say shit like that, they're not going to realise that all you really use a laptop for in uni is web browsing and word processing and any old $100 thing off ebay will do the job just as well

Because computer illiteracy is very high and the walled garden approach doesn't combat this.
I was doing an experiment with a bachelor student who should hand in her bachelor this summer and she never heard of LaTeX.
When I told her what it was, she was blown away over simple things like biber.
She actually did all that manually in word.
On her bachelor thesis!

Pretty much everyone in non maths / engineering fields does that shit in Word. I did my whole fucking PhD thesis in Word, it was as much of a nightmare as you can imagine. Didn't have much choice in the matter unfortunately

I worked as lab instructor for 1st and 2nd semester students for a couple of years and my impression is that these kids want to buy expensive laptops even if they don't need it.
It is hard not to laugh at the kid with the gamer led laptop when they realise that all they "needed" a laptop for is to sketch their measurements.
Most of my degree could have been completed without a laptop at all.
Reports and stuff are obviously a pain to write on a piece of paper, but you don't need an expensive computer to do that.
But maybe this is because I did a technology related education. People who do something else may rely on the computer to do a lot more heavy lifting.

She is in engineering, although it is one of those engineering courses where they pander to women, so might as well be liberal arts or something.

And it looks like shit too.

They were already brainwashed into going to college even if they didn't have a clear career path in mind.
It don't matter if you're undecided major, just enter a 4 year university on borrowed money!

>$1000
Haha, but this is where you're wrong

The thing only has 1 USB port so if you want to actually use it you need the surface dock for only 199$
microsoft.com/en-us/surface/accessories/surface-dock

It comes with everything you need, aside from VGA or HDMI ports. Have a presentation in class, no worries! You can buy our 40$ display port adapters for that.
microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.5101184700

>education market
>not buying a used Thinkpad

Fuck me. The only thing good about this is the 3:2 screen. Why isn't this the standard aspect ratio for laptops yet?

No one wants to carry a 2" 7lbs chinkpad with 2 hours of battery time with them.
Numbers are made up, but compare the real numbers to this thing here.

It's the same shit as $1000 Chromebook pixel. People will buy the $200 acer or asus one

You guys are fucking idiots. This is not their attempt to break into the education market, this their proof of concept laptop, sort of like what the chromebook pixel is to chromebooks. This is suppose to be a guide for laptop OEMs on how Windows 10S laptops should perform and look like. Microsoft does not care about selling hardware, they care about selling their operating system, so if laptop OEMs make good windows laptops, Microsoft benefits the most

>chromebook with a more botnet OS

I wonder how many people will return it when they realize MS wants them to buy a license for $200 extra just to run software

>No one wants to carry a 2"

Your mother didn't complain when I gave her my 2", faggot.

That's quite short, user.

>2 hours of battery time
where does this misconception come from? with a 9 cell battery that's either new or taken good care of 8 hours are absolutely realistic on a lot of models.

yeah well that's why your mother didn't complain faggot. after all you'r dad's isn't bigger

Many HS kids do want the most expensive laptop available to them, their parents are paying for it after all.

Too bad Windows 10 s has all the downsides of Windows combined with all the downsides of a walled garden.

>Windows RT 2.0
Lol