How fucked are we exactly?

how fucked are we exactly?

The Intel Management Engine:
>has full access to memory (without the parent CPU having any knowledge)
>has full access to the TCP/IP stack
>can send and receive network packets, even if the OS is protected by a firewall
>is signed with an RSA 2048 key that cannot be brute-forced
>cannot be disabled on newer Intel Core2 CPUs.

Other urls found in this thread:

mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2016-April/010912.html
mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2016-April/010913.html
firmwaresecurity.com/2016/11/30/me-cleaner/
mattermedia.com/blog/disabling-intel-amt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>how fucked are we exactly?
only the nsa can use it.

Not at all as long as you have nothing to hide.

literally this.
tho Sup Forums is full of paedos and commies so...

Quiet down stupid customer , this is a premium feature .

>IME is a backdoor

Where the fuck have you been for the past 5 years? Everyone knows it's a backdoor almost from day 1

>implying yesterdays disclosed exploit is the only one ever

It's literally remote console, code execution, memory access and kvm for everyone who knew about the exploit

My thinkpad had vPro enabled to use windows FDE (yes I know specifically yesterdays shit does not affect end user devices)

mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2016-April/010912.html
mail.fsfeurope.org/pipermail/discussion/2016-April/010913.html

My dad works for the NSA and said they can instantly access all of your files using IME even when the computer is powered off and disconnected from the internet. The only way to protect your information is to handwire your own CPU or compute within a quartz Faraday cage.

Hmm is my Q6700 vulnerable?

>Introduced in June 2006 in Intel’s 965 Express Chipset Family of (Graphics and) Memory Controller Hubs, or (G)MCHs, and the ICH8 I/O Controller Family, the Intel Management Engine (ME) is a separate computing environment physically located in the (G)MCH chip. In Q3 2009, the first generation of Intel Core i3/i5/i7 (Nehalem) CPUs and the 5 Series Chipset family of Platform Controller Hubs, or PCHs, brought a more tightly integrated ME (now at version 6.0) inside the PCH chip, which itself replaced the ICH. Thus, the ME is present on all Intel desktop, mobile (laptop), and server systems since mid 2006.

>cannot be disabled on newer Intel Core2 CPUs
Why are you lying?
>ME cleaner
do your research and then come back to Sup Forums, you illiterate dipshit.

You could unplug it or pull the battery, you fucking moron.

>super secret technology can power up a hidden chip in a computer from the other side of the planet even when the computer doesn't have a valid power source
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

You do realize there are manufacturers beside Intel/AMD and architectures other than :x86, right?

is that the new mcafee ?

Intel are so advanced they made a CPU that doesn't even need to be powered to access your hard drive files.

This honestly just sounds like AMD shills crying poor

>using jewish silicone

Most people are fucking retards and don't believe anything until it's "officially" stated in the news

can't you just block the data on router level before it arrives to jewtel

They also spend those years until the news channels say it calling the rest of us tin foil conspiracy theorists.

Your motherboard has to support it. Do you have an enterprise dell workstation (optiplex)? If yes then you're in trouble. Do you have a rig you built yourself with a random gigabyte, asus, etc motherboard? They don't even support amt so no you're not vulnerable.

It's not even tinfoil, I already knew it was a backdoor since Ivy Bridge times or so

It doesnt use your router it send data through 3g

what the fug

>access all of your files using IME even when the computer is powered off

The NSA found a way to access files on a HDD without spinning up the platter? Impressive.

can't the 3G radio just be removed or have a tiny faraday cage built around it?

I know it's bait, but for faggots who actually think this is a reasonable "argument" pic related.

Nothing will come of this

>only the nsa can use it.
so 100% fucked
we live in some scary times

My dad works for Nintendo and said that the autist meme on Sup Forums is real.

those statements OP provided are incorrect. do not trust posts like that without any citations.

FUD

>homosexuality becoming illegal again
this is good
>laws must be broken
>t. nigger/illegal

firmwaresecurity.com/2016/11/30/me-cleaner/

I don't get it, does ME create a separate partition on your hdd? When does it do it?

yeah, the only trustworthy news is fake news paid for by intel and microsoft through trusted news outlets like CIA NN

Don't forget that not only is the IME hacks fake, but it's also a good thing you can be spied on anyways

>government can only do good things
>t. fucking gullible sheep

How did you deduce this assumption from my post? I never said surveillance is good, but the person arguing those points in the image is a faggot/nigger/illegal sympathizer.

don't cut yourself on that edge kiddo

The more nonsense you post like this, the less seriously anyone will take you. Stay in school, kiddo.

>kiddo

Go outside faggot

Don't forget to prep the bull.

Stallman is always right.

>Acknowledge me!!!!
(You)

IME could pretty reasonably have control over any disks attached to the SATA ports provided by the Intel chipset. That would include powering them on and examining their contents.

My atom z3735g doesn't seem to have this feature.

straightfag

>we
>buying intel ever

breeders are such faggots

Your HDD isn't the only component in your computer that has memory.

mattermedia.com/blog/disabling-intel-amt/

Nice.

le right wing

Is this what Reddit actually believes?