Ethereum

Anyone interested in this new technology and could tell me some more details about it?

reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/68tyhn/lemonmail_dapp_a_decentralized_email_service/

^ Looks interesting

Anybody who browses Sup Forums for the past couple months and is not an idiot is a richfag now, myself included having made alot trading BTC/ETH. Go browse Sup Forums.
Here people are just (((ricing))) their wm s and sucking each others e-cocks and arguing about gentoo complile times.

Define "richfag"... For you neets that is like 5 grand? Lol

I already had no doubts of ETH reaching mainstream attention and rising in price. It still has a long way to go. But its application with the Blockchain technology and smart contracts is a very interesting concepts and now I'm seeing people doing shit what Ethereum is doing.

>BANDWAGONING FOR POPULARITY

kek.
jokes on you wagie, I only read charts 5min/day and made enough shekels to last me a generation of Steam games.

You basically have two options:

buy ETH and get rich

or

don't buy ETH and stay poor

It's still very very early, and it's not too late to get in. It's the future protocol.

>Market cap is already comparable with bitcoins

It will reach $100 and then crash like the titanic

made 7k this week of this

>reddit

Really? Is it too late to buy into this now?

People have been asking the same thing when the price was $9, then $15, $45, etc. IMO it could potentially reach $150 or $200 per ETH in the next year, maybe even more. Just don't put in more than you can afford to lose.

if you already own bitcoin, then sure go ahead.
You can check roadmaps for ETH, there is a conference coming up in late May, so buy before then I guess?
timesofethereum.com
check out /biz/ but don't believe everything you read

Can someone give me the basic gestalt on Ethereum? It doesn't make much sense to me with "contracts" and "block chains"

Also how the fuck do I buy/use/sell Ethereum?

>friends tells me he's gonna buy ETH when it was at ~1€
>tell him it's not gonna be anything
>he invests 200€ in it
>mfw now

I invested 15k and now it's grown to 60k. I might sell when it hits $200/each

>the basics
A basic blockchain serves to function as a public ledger. Users make transactions and nodes validate transactions. Upon successfully validating a block of transactions, nodes receive a reward (new tokens). Ethereum takes things a step farther and also has nodes running applications developed by other people, which they also receive a reward for (called "gas"). the tl;dr is that blockchain tech can be used to provide incentive to perform all kinds of automated actions on nodes. In the case of Ethereum, they decided to turn it into a decentralized computing network.

See also: MAID

Is it too late to mine with a gtx 970?

Get rx-480 x6

Not buying 6 GPUs for a hype. A 970 is what I have though.

>A 970 is what I have though.
It's probably not worth it then. Use a mining calculator and find out

> last me a generation of Steam games.
So...like hundreds of dollars?

I am actually doing some freelance work for a company that does a bunch of smart contract stuff with Ethereum.

It's super easy to secure investor funds at the moment. You could probably make an app about dog shit selfies, attach an ICO to it and suddenly you have $10 million in backers. Not kidding you, it's insane the type of movement going on in this industry right now.

Blockchain stuff is like the new dotcom bubble, get in and make your money before the crash.

>tfw I missed out on bitcoin because I thought it would turn out to be nothing

>tfw made the same mistake again hearing about ethereum and never researching it more

Im destined to be poor

How do you even get 7k worth of it? When I tried last time the most I could get was 50$ worth of eths

kraken with verified account and SEPA transfer (europe)

you sold?

hodl for life

No thanks, the last thing I want is my emails to be spread around the network even if they are encrypted.

Nobody cares that you trawl craigslist for cock

enjoy no gains